Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Micro SD Card Not Working - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24/t1875285-micro-sd-card-not-working/

Author:   niallallator
Date:   Jun 20, 13 at 8:55am (PST)
Subject:   Micro SD Card Not Working
-------------------------------------------
Hi, I've had this micro sd card for my samsung galaxy note 10.1 since december and its been working perfectly fine, until today when i went to watch a movie on it and it wasnt picking up, so i restarted my tablet l, but that didnt work so i took out the sd card and put itback in but it said SD card has a blank or unsupported file system, but i dont know how as ive been using it for some time now, and i didnt want to format it because i dont want to loose my stuff

Please Help

Thanks

Author:   SamanthaW
Date:   Feb 10, 14 at 5:07am (PST)
Subject:   re: Micro SD Card Not Working
How about creating a back before formatting it?

Author:   mimilovell
Date:   Feb 18, 14 at 12:46pm (PST)
Where did you get your SD card? I know a lot of people who get the cheap fake stuff off eBay for a fraction of the price and then wonder why their SD card doesnt work anymore after a few weeks/months or so. If this happens as far as I know the card is currupted and so is the data.

Author:   niallallator
Date:   Feb 20, 14 at 4:02am (PST)
Hi,
Mimilovell, I purchased this microSD card from Costco UK which is a pretty reputable store and i wouldn't expect there to be fakes there, although it could happen.
SamanthaW, I can't backup the microSD card as it can't be read by any device such as my PC as it doesnt recognise it and i can't access the filesystem.

Thanks

Author:   mpower86
Date:   Apr 08, 14 at 7:57am (PST)
Sorry to say but if your PC can't read it either it's probably dead.

Author:   Nix
Date:   Apr 08, 14 at 8:08am (PST)
niallallator

I had a similar experience with an SD card from ebay, it died in my Sony Xperia Z rather quickly.

What size was the card? the one I attempted to get working was to large for the phone so it killed it apparently.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.