Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderators Corner VII - page 26

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/23197/t1162335-moderators-corner-vii/26.htm

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Jul 20, 09 at 1:56am (PST)
Subject:   re: Moderators Corner VII
-------------------------------------------
Eh, forget it then. I just hate when some forums make new header contests and it hasn't even been a year yet or a few months yet.

Author:   Sakuraba Neku
Date:   Aug 08, 09 at 3:23am (PST)
God damn this header sucks, I could have done that with MS Paint.

Also you need to change the credit that you have posted under the footer.

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Aug 13, 09 at 7:38am (PST)
Excellent forum you got here. Brings me back to the old days of GCN Animal Crossing.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Aug 14, 09 at 12:25am (PST)
Thx Bobbo <3. You should join us (:.

Date:   Aug 14, 09 at 12:31am (PST)
quote Sakuraba Neku
God damn this header sucks, I could have done that with MS Paint.

Also you need to change the credit that you have posted under the footer.
Yeah, I liked the older headers. Oh well, no use in complaining.

-_-

Edit: I'd like to tell you. We have some ass kissers in this forum. Who said me and Alan were spamming yet they were posting in our spam threads when they could of ignored it. And they were telling us it was spam. No shit Sherlock, it's not a thread about flowers.

Ignore the shit.

This message was edited by Naruto Boy on Aug 18 2009.

Author:   Meluv cookie
Date:   Aug 28, 09 at 7:25pm (PST)
Right, now you are getting on my nerves just a little bit.

First of all, dedicating a whole GD title and banner AND avatar to the subject of "ass kissers" which there seems to be so many of (And I know it's only directed at me. Don't try to say anything to defend that, I was the only one posting in those threads to criticise the spam therefore I was the only one classified an "ass kisser") seems a teeny bit sad. I'm not telling you what you should and shouldn't put on your graphics, but really, a giant banner saying “Meluv cookie wants to get the mod's attention” might have been more appropriate.

Second of all, the forum is dead, I used to love this forum, and spam doesn't do it any good. This forum is thriving and since you seem so proud of being the top poster in this forum, you should be doing something and organising something to help it along.

Third, you raised a point about being the moderators friend, so it was okay to spam. That is like if I was Redemption's friend and decided to spread a virus around the whole of Neoseeker and then saying "Well it was okay for me to do this because I'm the moderator's friend, he doesn't care, we're tight.". Well, not as bad as that but you know what I mean anyway. The point is, the odd spam thread is alright on April Fool's day or in a game of dares but otherwise we should be trying to help a dead forum, not cutting it down with pointless spam.

Fourth, the subject of me being an ass- kisser. I am not trying to get Vermillion's attention and I do not want to be the mod (sheesh, I'm taking Intermediate 2 on eight subjects this year, I do have a life (no offence Vermillion)). As stated in point 2, this is a forum that was a part of my life and to see just pointless spam is annoying. As for posting in these spam threads, I am a headstrong person; I am not afraid to say something. If someone is pissing me off, I'll tell them. Hence this long rant which, as I said, I shouldn't be writing because this is an internet forum and I do have a life. I'm not coming to this thread to start an argument, I just wanted to get my point across to you.

Now, I'm being a big hypocrite here because I have made two threads here in the past (both of which were linked to a game of dares- I won't go into detail ) but to be honest, I think we should both say sorry to Vermillion for spamming. His forum isn't a dumping ground for dares and spam threads. So, sorry Vermillion.

(And before you even think about calling me an ass kisser for asking you to apologise to a good mod and trying to “suck up to him”, just be a man and say sorry. It's really not that hard once you try. ) .

This message was edited by Meluv cookie on Aug 28 2009.

Date:   Aug 28, 09 at 7:44pm (PST)
^ quit your bitching.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Aug 28, 09 at 9:24pm (PST)
I am ridiculously confused as to what exactly is going on, so I will reply to what I understand for now.

Well, first what I am confused about:

quote Meluv Cookie
First of all, dedicating a whole GD title and banner AND avatar to the subject of "ass kissers" which there seems to be so many of (And I know it's only directed at me. Don't try to say anything to defend that, I was the only one posting in those threads to criticise the spam therefore I was the only one classified an "ass kisser") seems a teeny bit sad. I'm not telling you what you should and shouldn't put on your graphics, but really, a giant banner saying “Meluv cookie wants to get the mod's attention” might have been more appropriate.
What is this about? I didn't see any titles or avatars attacking you. Then again, the chance they changed before I saw them is really high. Is this something specific to this forum? Many times, a PM to a mod resolves things rather than making a whole post about it in a Moderator's Corner since it wasn't for that, but since you have more to say, I understand.

quote Meluv Cookie
Second of all, the forum is dead, I used to love this forum, and spam doesn't do it any good. This forum is thriving and since you seem so proud of being the top poster in this forum, you should be doing something and organising something to help it along.
Sad to say it's the truth. I have seen wayy too much spam in the few weeks in the forum, unmoderated intentional spam, and its honestly disappointed because I never expected many of you guys (in general) to play with that rope. But whatever, I will separate moderation more from friendship like I used to do.

quote Meluv Cookie
Third, you raised a point about being the moderators friend, so it was okay to spam. That is like if I was Redemption's friend and decided to spread a virus around the whole of Neoseeker and then saying "Well it was okay for me to do this because I'm the moderator's friend, he doesn't care, we're tight.". Well, not as bad as that but you know what I mean anyway. The point is, the odd spam thread is alright on April Fool's day or in a game of dares but otherwise we should be trying to help a dead forum, not cutting it down with pointless spam.
WHAT exactly is going on today? Who told you it was okay to spam because they are my friends ? I have closed threads and dealt with the spam equally, I have NEVER seen anything stating that. Could you please show me where was this said?

About the April Fool's reference, you are completely right. That's what is called unmoderated and sometimes even fun spam. What I have seen lately wasn't even fun.

Fourth, the subject of me being an ass- kisser. I am not trying to get Vermillion's attention and I do not want to be the mod (sheesh, I'm taking Intermediate 2 on eight subjects this year, I do have a life (no offence Vermillion)).
I'm afraid you are not the one to say whether I have a life or not, and you will never be the one unless you meet me in real life and we hang out for two months so you can get to know me, then we will know what "having a life" is. But that's completely another topic, so if you want to discuss it, I have plenty of space in my PM inbox .
No offense taken, but it has to be stated anyways.

quote Meluv Cookie
As stated in point 2, this is a forum that was a part of my life and to see just pointless spam is annoying. As for posting in these spam threads, I am a headstrong person; I am not afraid to say something. If someone is pissing me off, I'll tell them. Hence this long rant which, as I said, I shouldn't be writing because this is an internet forum and I do have a life. I'm not coming to this thread to start an argument, I just wanted to get my point across to you.
Try the PM feature for opinions towards specific next time. Thought in all honesty I really am not sure if you are attacking the community, me as a moderator, or the forum itself. So that probably can be clarified.

quote Meluv Cookie
Now, I'm being a big hypocrite here because I have made two threads here in the past (both of which were linked to a game of dares- I won't go into detail ) but to be honest, I think we should both say sorry to Vermillion for spamming. His forum isn't a dumping ground for dares and spam threads. So, sorry Vermillion.
Apologies accepted. Not that I was mad or anything, but I see your point. Thought in the figurative meaning of things, two more people would need to apologize .

Thanks for the post Meluv Cookie, thought many things would have been better in someone's inbox.

And for those who think that she is being an 'ass-kisser', think twice. There is a 'badass' difference between willing to help and ass kissing. Probably many of you will see it if you ever become mods, or if you ever get power somewhere in the real life.

Date:   Aug 29, 09 at 1:47am (PST)
Now that I actually bothered reading cookie's post.

quote Meluv cookie
No shut up, NB's banner and avatar(which ARE changed now) were NOT directed at you, it was a joke aimed at Neoseeker as a whole.

quote Meluv cookie
translation: "well u pst a lt in dis form so u shud hlp da comunty lol"

quote Meluv cookie
I doubt Andy would actually care if someone spammed in here unless it was a raid :x.

quote Meluv cookie
Fourth, the subject of me being an ass- kisser. I am not trying to get Vermillion's attention and I do not want to be the mod (sheesh, I'm taking Intermediate 2 on eight subjects this year, I do have a life (no offence Vermillion)).
Jesus Christ, by posting in the Obvious troll/spam threads you were not only being an ass-kisser, but you were being a hypocrite and spamming yourself it does not make it not spam because you were telling us it was.

quote Meluv cookie
Hence this long rant which, as I said, I shouldn't be writing because this is an internet forum and I do have a life. I'm not coming to this thread to start an argument, I just wanted to get my point across to you.
The fact that you got so worked up proves you care a bit to much about the Internet.

quote Vermillion
What is this about? I didn't see any titles or avatars attacking you. Then again, the chance they changed before I saw them is really high. Is this something specific to this forum? Many times, a PM to a mod resolves things rather than making a whole post about it in a Moderator's Corner since it wasn't for that, but since you have more to say, I understand.
Nope, nothing directed at her, she just overreacted.

quote Vermillion
Sad to say it's the truth. I have seen wayy too much spam in the few weeks in the forum, unmoderated intentional spam, and its honestly disappointed because I never expected many of you guys (in general) to play with that rope. But whatever, I will separate moderation more from friendship like I used to do.
3 threads in like a month is not a lot >.<

quote Vermillion
WHAT exactly is going on today? Who told you it was okay to spam because they are my friends ? I have closed threads and dealt with the spam equally, I have NEVER seen anything stating that. Could you please show me where was this said?
I touched on this in what was directed at cookie.

quote Vermillion
About the April Fool's reference, you are completely right. That's what is called unmoderated and sometimes even fun spam. What I have seen lately wasn't even fun.
I beg to differ.

Well thats all I have to say on the subject, and it was an amusing 5 minutes of typing.

Date:   Aug 29, 09 at 2:03am (PST)
LOL. This makes me sad how people can't ignore shit on the internet.

She probably wasted all her time on that post, even if I read it I wouldn't give a shit. But I decided to read it.

Edit: And my avatar and banner was directed to Neoseeker as a whole so was the title, lrn2notjudge. Learn before you say something, Ok? We clear? Thanks.

Man people on the internet I tell you. And I'm not "proud" of being the top poster.

Edit2: And no offense Andy but I'm not apologizing, no hard feelings though. She could of let it be instead of being a hypocrite and posting in the threads. A simple report first post and NOT post would of been the right thing, but did she do that? Oh whats this? No.

And I didn't exactly say it was ok for us to do it because you're our friends Andy but I said "Andy knows we do this kind of stuff", something like that.

This message was edited by Naruto Boy on Aug 29 2009.

Date:   Aug 29, 09 at 11:27am (PST)
Okay, guys, whatever. I really don't care about Naruto Boy, Sakuraba BlahBlahBlah, or whoever the hell seems intent on going ape shit at me. Some of the points you made were right, some of them were wrong, but that's just my view. In furture, Naruto Boy, maybe next time you'd like to point out the "ass kissers" of Neoseeker, because let me tell you, I haven't really seen a lot.
So, point is, you can call me an ass kisser, you can joke about me to all your little friends in the GD, you can do wahtever you want, because now I've got past the point of caring what two people on an internet forum who I don't even know think of me. So, post all the abuse about me you want, you will not get a response from me any more.

Good- day.

Date:   Aug 29, 09 at 10:32pm (PST)
Like Alan said before it was deleted. We will never do that.

We never cared, lol. But if someone is wrong about some things of course I'll throw my 2 cents in.

Edit: Why did I bother? Andy will delete this post anyways. =/

Date:   Aug 30, 09 at 5:29pm (PST)
Also, if anyone IS trying to become the mod of this forum, it's not going to appen, since the forum is dead and it only really needs one moderator

Author:   Capn Droid
Date:   Aug 30, 09 at 5:58pm (PST)
Stop complaining. It's simply a title, and nothing but; a title over the Internet, no less. If you don't like it, tell yourself that they are wrong and move on.

Date:   Aug 30, 09 at 6:10pm (PST)
quote Meluv cookie
Also, if anyone IS trying to become the mod of this forum, it's not going to appen, since the forum is dead and it only really needs one moderator
Never said I WANTED to be mod.

Kthx.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.