Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [UPDATED]The Super Mega Ultimate Homebrew/Custom Firmware Thread! - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/23172/t1397810-updated-super-mega-ultimate-homebrew-custom-firmware-thread/9.htm

Author:   Ville_Valo
Date:   Sep 06, 09 at 1:27am (PST)
Subject:   re: [UPDATED]The Super Mega Ultimate Homebrew/Custom Firmware Thread!
-------------------------------------------
The latest CFW is 5.50 GEN-B, but it lacks a little compatibility over 5.00 M33-6. Of course, 5.00 M33-6 can't play all games.
To update to 5.50 GEN-B, you need to download this and follow the instructions. It'll involve getting the 5.50 firmware file, but it's not hard at all.
Note that the download is GEN-A. You need to install it first, as GEN-B is an upgrade on GEN-A. GEN-B can be found here.

Author:   Hashim
Date:   Sep 06, 09 at 2:15pm (PST)
Subject:   re: [UPDATED]The Super Mega Ultimate Homebrew/Custom Firmware Thread!
Hey there, got a couple more questions, this time about the Magic Memory Stick.

Does my memory stick have to be a particular size (in terms of MB and GB) to turn it into a Magic Memory Stick, or can I use a memory stick of any size? Is there a recommended size to use, and, finally, will the size of the MMS make any difference to the actual process of installing CFW on my PSP?

Author:   Tigrex_stole_my_hat
Date:   Sep 06, 09 at 4:47pm (PST)
Quick question about the SSPSP Screenshot add-on.
I got it all in my PSP.
What's the button to press to screencap?

Author:   Luigi Panache
Date:   Sep 06, 09 at 8:03pm (PST)
quote Hashim
Hey there, got a couple more questions, this time about the Magic Memory Stick.

Does my memory stick have to be a particular size (in terms of MB and GB) to turn it into a Magic Memory Stick, or can I use a memory stick of any size? Is there a recommended size to use, and, finally, will the size of the MMS make any difference to the actual process of installing CFW on my PSP?
You must have a Memory Stick that's at or over 256 MB. After that, size won't really impact performance (that's what she said .)
quote Tigrex_stole_my_hat
Quick question about the SSPSP Screenshot add-on.
I got it all in my PSP.
What's the button to press to screencap?
I'm pretty sure it's the ♪ button; that or the Select button.

Date:   Sep 06, 09 at 11:29pm (PST)
OR Select+♪.
Ps. Nice music note Luigi, how long did it take you to find that? Was it really worth it?

Author:   Jesse55
Date:   Sep 06, 09 at 11:49pm (PST)
Ok, so i want to get my friend some cfw on his phat psp, i should be able to do that with a pandora and a mms?

Not sure what firmware hes running right now either.

Date:   Sep 07, 09 at 12:19am (PST)
^ Yes, you should. No reason why not. If he's under 5.50 you could use the ChickHEN method, it doesn't require a pandora or anything.

Date:   Sep 07, 09 at 1:10am (PST)
quote Ville_Valo
OR Select+♪.
Ps. Nice music note Luigi, how long did it take you to find that? Was it really worth it?
It's a standard Unicode character, I knew it was there and it took thirty seconds to find it in the character map. There's also a double note, like thus: ♫.

Date:   Sep 07, 09 at 1:30am (PST)
You badass.

Date:   Sep 08, 09 at 12:58am (PST)
quote Ville_Valo
You badass.
Look in the Character Map under the Webdings section. It's a goldmine!

Date:   Sep 08, 09 at 9:02am (PST)
I don't know what either of those things are...

Author:   StarJet
Date:   Sep 08, 09 at 10:01am (PST)
Start > Run > charmap
(At least I think that's it.)

Date:   Sep 08, 09 at 10:16am (PST)
Oh sweet. You learn a fancy new computer trick every day

Date:   Sep 08, 09 at 10:24am (PST)
quote StarJet
Start > Run > charmap
(At least I think that's it.)
I do Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Character Map.

Author:   Hashim
Date:   Sep 13, 09 at 1:59pm (PST)
Okay, thanks.

If I used my current memory stick (which is 4GB) as my Magic Memory Stick, would I stil be able to play and save data with this memory stick alongside using it as an MMS?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.