Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: NFL Regular Season 2013-2014 Discussion Thread - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/23/t1900360-nfl-regular-season-2013-2014-discussion-thread/

Author:   Lesley Pro_04
Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 8:52am (PST)
Subject:   NFL Regular Season 2013-2014 Discussion Thread
-------------------------------------------
Previous Offseason Thread

We are a little more than 24 Hours away from the Kickoff of the 2013-2014 NFL season! Finally, we can get back to football and put some off-the-field...distractions on the back burner.

Last three posts (because none of them involved the Aaron Hernandez drama that dominated offseason headlines from June onward):

quote staintool
Tebow just has to accept he is not an NFL quarterback. Switch to fullback or safety and he might actually make some contributions to a team. His dream might be to be a quarterback, but this dream is definitely never gonna happen. I don't think he'd even make Jacksonville's roster.
quote Demonfurby
......how could he possibly learn safety at this point? he doesn't even have the athleticism
quote Chad
Tebow as a safety would be a receiver's dream, haha. Hell, I'd be able to smoke him on any route.
I'll look for a useable format later, or try to develop one if I can't find one.

Regardless, we're back to football!

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 8:56am (PST)
Subject:   re: NFL Regular Season 2013-2014 Discussion Thread
Yeah he really isn't good at all as a QB but I don't see him being anything else.

First game starts tomorrow night, I'll be picking Denver in that one.

Author:   DragonMaster Dyne
Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 9:45am (PST)
Broncos should win the game, but I would take the Ravens with points.

Oh, and...

MVP! MVP!

Author:   Chad
Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 9:49am (PST)
I'll be rooting for the Ravens, but I've got a feeling the Broncos will win by a touchdown. I'll give my other predictions probably Saturday, haha.

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 11:10am (PST)
quote DragonMaster Dyne

Oh, and...

MVP! MVP!

yes

Author:   Mr Matthews
Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 12:46pm (PST)
I laugh every time ESPN mentions Pryor is the Raiders starter.

Literally.

Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 12:50pm (PST)
I just feel bad for Tyler Wilson more than anything. Had he not stayed another year at Arkansas he would have been drafted a lot higher and probably not cut from the team he drafted before his first season started. Would have been at least a year or two before they would have finally released him, haha. =\ Also being cut by the Raiders is a pretty big blow to anyone's confidence, haha.

Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 12:53pm (PST)
quote Mr Matthews
I laugh every time ESPN mentions Pryor is the Raiders starter.

Literally.
The one thing Pryor has going for him is that he's probably the most athletically gifted QB in the league, AND WHEN I SAY THAT, I mean in terms of his running ability. His acceleration, especially in the open field, is ridiculous. Even better than Kaepernick or Newton.

If he can just throw at a clip around 55%, then he should be able to produce well enough.

Do I think he'll dominate? No. Do I even think he will do well? No. I'm a *bleep*ing Raiders fan. I expect the worse.

However, might as well play the guy. We don't have shit besides him, especially on offense.

Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 12:58pm (PST)
DragonMaster Dyne - more athletic running wise than RG3 (pre-injury, for sake of argument)? Iirc correctly, his times were faster than some who qualified for the olympics, even if it was hurdles that's nothing to brush aside, haha.

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 1:19pm (PST)
pryor has nba athleticism

Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 2:34pm (PST)
quote Chad
DragonMaster Dyne - more athletic running wise than RG3 (pre-injury, for sake of argument)? Iirc correctly, his times were faster than some who qualified for the olympics, even if it was hurdles that's nothing to brush aside, haha.
Hurdles? WTF? lol.

I was talking post surgery, but was also talking more about size-wise which is why I thought more of Cam Newton.

I'm sure to expect plenty of 12-26 passing, 110 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT games from him. However, it'll also come with 8 carries, 68 yards, 1-2 TDs.

He'll make stuff happen. He IS NOT JaMarcus Russell.

Author:   Prince Of Sayians
Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 4:50pm (PST)
Jamarcus Russell was actually really talented and apparently still has his throwing down and a hell of an arm. I mean his biggest thing was his laziness and his attitude, but in good shape he can throw a football.

As for the broncos game, I'm gonna with the broncos just because I believe manning and welker will light the ravens up. However, champ bailey and von miller being out? I'm not too worried with pitta and boldin both being gone. They'll feel the effect though.

Author:   Mr Matthews
Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 5:00pm (PST)
He can throw it far, sure.

Accurately, thats another story.

Author:   Fatal Error
Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 5:22pm (PST)
He always had terrible accuracy and that likely hasn't changed at all. As for Pryor...he is fast buy he is not faster than RGIII and I think Kaepernick has the best acceleration of them all.

Author:   Prince Of Sayians
Date:   Sep 04, 13 at 5:39pm (PST)
From what they were saying about him at garcias camp is that his accuracy was better then before. They were raving about his arm.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.