Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 2012 NBA Offseason Thread - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/23/t1741323-2012-nba-offseason-thread/2.htm

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 8:06pm (PST)
Subject:   re: 2012 NBA Offseason Thread
-------------------------------------------
Deeplove or Dragonfist were either of you guys able to go to the parade or any of the celebration today? Looked like it was fun. And lol at Juwan Howard dancing and the players' reactions. xD

Author:   Pbs
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 6:50am (PST)
Anyone watching the draft this Thursday? Predictions/thoughts on where players will go?

Davis will go to New Orleans for obvious reasons, possibly Beal to the Cavs? He had tweeted just this yesterday with an image of the Cavs practice gym that just said "Cavs!" in the text, but who knows he could have just been practicing them with. I go to Saint Louis University and our own Brian Conklin was reportedly practicing with the Nuggets this past week, but I doubt the Nuggets are stupid enough to waste their pick on a sub-par forward like him, so I guess it's completely up in the air where a player like Beal goes.

Author:   tyranitar24
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 8:35am (PST)
Looks like the Rockets just received the 18th pick in the draft from the T-Wolves. Hmmm...

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 10:01am (PST)
If the Cavs get Beal I'd be sooo happy. Three years and we'll have the best backcourt in basketball.

Author:   AtoChansu
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 1:00pm (PST)
LOL at Bobcats attempting to trade down... They can never catch a break with lotteries, huh? I used to think it's how you draft, but now I'm starting to think luck is an integral part of it. Look at Bulls a few years ago. Less than 2% of getting the #1 pick but they got their franchise player in Rose with luck.

Author:   Chad
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 4:32pm (PST)
I'm certainly ready for the draft, haha.

AtoChansu - A bit of luck never hurts, but how you draft is definitely a big part of it. Look at the Thunder. Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka, a majority of their starting five, were all drafted by the organization. Same goes for 6th Man of the Year James Harden. You can build the core of a team and fill in a few of the supporting roles with your drafting, and from there sign/trade for players and develop them to get a solid team.

quote Pbs
I go to Saint Louis University and our own Brian Conklin was reportedly practicing with the Nuggets this past week
Dude, right on! I was rooting for SLU against MSU during March Madness and was a bit sad they came up short. You guys have some very good looking cheerleaders btw, haha.

Author:   Grivous
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 9:22pm (PST)
Rockets trying to deal the 14th and 16th 1st rounders + Lowry for the 5th pick and Evans, but I think the Kings would be stupid to accept that. Either we just trade 2 of our 3 1st rounders for a high pick and roll with a potential star, draft with all 3 1st round picks straight up (worst possible case imo), or do what Morey is trying to do and grab Dwight for all of one year...

I'd be happy with just trading up and drafting MKG or whoever. But knowing Morey he's going to do something stupid..

Author:   WakeCraterWind
Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 11:40pm (PST)
I'm worried for my Knicks. They found at least two hidden talents in their team, that are both way underpaid, and they're already being killed by frickin's STAT's massive salary. I'm worried they're going to get gutted by free agent moves this off-season, not to mention their pick slot isn't fantastic, either.

Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 12:31am (PST)
Grivous - The Kings lucked out last year and with the final pick in the draft got Isaiah Thomas, who did wonders down the stretch when given the chance. Fredette was a publicity stunt, and shouldn't have been drafted as high as he was, especially given what the Kings roster looked like. Just as well, they picked up Terrence Williams toward the end of the season. T-Will is a bit streaky, but when he's on he can do some damage. Some attitude issues though (was the only reason he was sent down to the D-League by the Nets a while ago), and the Kings already have enough of that with Cousins. Looking forward to what they do in the draft this season definitely.

WakeCraterWind - Mhmm, the Knicks won't be doing much in the draft, though they could get a good enough player with their only pick. If they can keep most of their backcourt, they could get a solid player in Baylor's PF Quincy Acy who is supposed to go around that time. I've enjoyed watching him play over the years and the energy and presence he can bring is almost KG-esque. Would definitely help out as a back-up for Stoudemeire, as the current back-ups in the PF and C positions aren't exactly great atm. He could also slide down to the SF spot and come in for Melo when they need some defense.

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 4:32am (PST)
The Knicks would be really, REALLY stupid to get rid of J.R. Smith. He was the only other scorer other than Carmelo at some points last year and I think he's good coming out of the list. I think they'd be stupid to get rid of almost anyone on that team. They had a pretty good team, but were ultimately eliminated because of the injury bug and because Miami was just better. With another year of experience and healthy players, I think they could be pretty good.

Author:   tyranitar24
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 7:21am (PST)
Knicks aren't going anywhere with Melo and STAT on that team. Fact.

Author:   Pbs
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 8:34am (PST)
quote tyranitar24
And with Davis out indefinitely with that knee injury from game 4 against Miami it's not looking good for them

I remember reading something this morning about JR Smith declining his second year contract option to be a free agent, probably just so he can get the whatever percent it is salary bump. I don't see the Knicks not re-signing for a one year deal but personally I think the Knicks shouldn't re-sign him. Poor shot selection and his inability to pass the ball, coupled with Melo's inability to pass isn't a recipe for success, much less success in the playoffs.

Author:   Mr Matthews
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 10:35am (PST)
quote tyranitar24
If I learned one thing from this past season about Melo, its that he will never lead a team to a championship.

Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 11:50am (PST)
Honestly, I don't think Melo has what it takes to lead the team, but if he can get another player to step up to his level and help out, maybe more on the defensive side where he doesn't do much anyway, then it could work out. Have him as the offensive general and someone else for defense. Just as well, Stoudemire could be very useful in bringing in some support with a nice trade, something I hope the Knicks will exploit soon. Ty Chandler already does work on both ends, so it gives them a chance to bring in a decent enough player or two and develop him.

Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 1:30pm (PST)
KG signed a three-year contract today, meaning he'll still be around and I'm very glad to hear this. It will be nice to see my favorite player out there for a few more seasons, and I'm hoping he'll stay injury free for all of them.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.