Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/23/t1727571-2012-stanley-cup-playoffs/9.htm

Author:   The Don
Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 9:35pm (PST)
Subject:   re: 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs
-------------------------------------------
Jakob Silfverberg, Ottawa prospect who just tore up the SEL playoffs, winning the championship and breaking a scoring record for the playoffs (ironically passing a record set by Alfie) and was the season MVP, landed in Ottawa today and is expected to play tomorrow night. Shit is going to go down.

Author:   Lesley Pro_04
Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 9:45pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
All through work the guys were asking me for tabs for the Pens/Phi game since I had the app on my phone to see the scores. Only a few of them were rooting for the Pittsburgh to win so when I said Philly won, a lot of the guys was happy. Glad to see them win as I'm not a fan of Pittsburgh at all.

And glad Boston is forcing a Game 7. Time to win it in OT again?

If this shtick with Game 7's keep up-let alone in Overtime-I might keel over from a heart attack. With how tense I was during last year's three Game 7's I thought I was going to have a heart attack--thankfully I didn't.

Author:   Chad
Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 11:57pm (PST)
Missed the final period of the Bruins game because of work, but glad they pulled it out, haha. Hope they'll take Game 7 as well and move on!

Also loving the upset with the LA Kings advancing. Shakes things up and makes it a bit more exciting.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 11:15am (PST)
I was against Vancouver getting eliminated early because I wanted a Canadian team to win the cup like usual(it's all on you Ottawa!) but it's also nice to kind of look at how things are turning out and to see teams that usually don't make the playoffs, going somewhere.

Author:   Two_Step
Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 8:10pm (PST)
Mike Smith is absolutely ridiculous, it would be like 4-2 right now but hes just too good. Crawford on the other hand is god awful. Unless we find a way to beat Smith it looks like our season ends here.

EDIT: 4-0, *bleep*ing pathetic. The amount of soft goals Crawford has let in is disgusting. He better be benched this off season and we better bring up Salak. Salak has proved that he is a great goalie with a lot to show, I'm surprised he didn't get the roster spot and Emery did seeing as Emery isn't that much better.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 8:44pm (PST)
I missed half of the game due to Ottawa/Rangers and wrestling. But I saw the third period and the Hawks got some good shots but Mike Smith just stopped them. He's really turned into a great goalie for the Coyotes. Reminds me of Halak from when the Habs made it to the Eastern Finals because of him. So I'm still gonna root against the Coyotes. Hoping to see Nashville vs. St. Louis for Western Finals. Kind of nice to see that these four teams are not one of the usual teams.

Ottawa had a great first period and then sucked after that. They got to win in Game 7!

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 8:54pm (PST)
Mike Smith. Hot damn he was on tonight. Was hoping the Blackhawks would force a game seven, but oh well. Nice to see the Rangers pick up the win though.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 9:02pm (PST)
Seriously they should bring up Salak next season. I am optimistic though because we have some great prospects in the Ice Hogs right now and I can't wait to see them get a roster spot in the near future.

I'm really hoping for a Yotes vs Kings western conference final match up. Now THAT will be a great goal tending series.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 9:11pm (PST)
quote Chad
Nice to see the Rangers pick up the win though.
You crazy.

Not sure how Salak is. Don't get Hawk games often. But it looks like they need a change from Crawford since he hasn't looked that good.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 9:15pm (PST)
Crazy? Nahhh, I just like when series are forced into a final elimination game to see who moves on. Everyone tends to play on another level because it's all or nothing, and that makes for exciting play.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 9:17pm (PST)
Ottawa is our last hope for a Stanley Cup this year.

If Ottawa loses in Game 7, it will be the first time since 1996 or 1997 that a Canadian team didn't make it to the second round.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 9:17pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
quote Chad
Nice to see the Rangers pick up the win though.
You crazy.

Not sure how Salak is. Don't get Hawk games often. But it looks like they need a change from Crawford since he hasn't looked that good.

Salak was pretty solid in the pre season, made some great stops. From what I heard from my friends and family who attend Ice Hogs games they said that hes a really fast goalie and fills up the net nicely. Crawford just lets too many soft goals in. Though its not too fair for me to put all the blame on Crawford, seeing as our defense took a huge step back this year. Keith and Seabrook were very inconsistent and Leddy made some horrible decisions and along with Hjalmarsson. Oduya was actually great but choked big time in the post season. O'Donnel was slow as a slug and Montador is pretty good but he is always injured. So many times this season our defense left our goalie out to dry. Hopefully we can get a good second line centerman seeing as Morrison was a huge disappointment.

Author:   LinkinPork
Date:   Apr 24, 12 at 5:39pm (PST)
Luongo just opened the floodgates today by announcing publicly that he'll waive his NTC if requested. I really do like the guy, can't be any friendlier to fans. But it's time for some changes, the team clearly is more confident with Schneider in net.

Author:   Fatal Error
Date:   Apr 24, 12 at 5:44pm (PST)
Everyone loves Schneider, so I can't see them letting him go. Luongo just has the issues most goalies have (he is weird in the head) and talks too much. Goalies need to just play and not speak...they always cause problems when they open their mouths.

Date:   Apr 24, 12 at 6:39pm (PST)
I'm really hoping for Florida to grab this win. I want to see them advance to the semifinals.

Also, speaking of Luongo I found this video to be pretty hilarious.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.