Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 2012 MLB Regular Season - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/23/t1726471-2012-mlb-regular-season/14.htm

Author:   ChiroVette
Date:   Jun 23, 12 at 8:02pm (PST)
Subject:   re: 2012 MLB Regular Season
-------------------------------------------
quote Mr Matthews
I can't be butthurt over you being gay.
Unless of course you and he are gay together and he is pitching...if you'll forgive the baseball metaphor.

Author:   Lesley Pro_04
Date:   Jun 23, 12 at 9:46pm (PST)
I've been hearing serious rumors about Kevin Youkilis potentially being traded. Not sure if a trade will go down or not, but with the emergence of rookie Will Middlebrooks at third base it wouldn't surprise me if that were to happen.

Author:   KFC_Or_Bust
Date:   Jun 23, 12 at 10:11pm (PST)
Get rid of that garbage man, send him to die on the Twins or something.

So, seriously, why the hell did Jim Thome sign with an NL team? He's got 5 home runs in only 59 at bats this year and has been killing it in interleague! If the Yankees didn't have an average age of 43, he would be a perfect fit!

Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 1:57pm (PST)
Getting multiple reports that Kevin Youkilis has been traded to the Chicago White Sox. I don't know the specifics of the trade yet because nothing official has been announced, but Youk went 2-for-4 with a an RBI Triple in his final at-bat with the Red Sox.

UPDATE: It's official: Kevin Youkilis, along with cash considerations, have been sent to the Chicago White Sox in exchange for Brent Lillibridge and Zach Stewart.

Source

Author:   FluffySk1lls
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 5:06pm (PST)
Meh, a bit bittersweet with the trade. Red Sawx benefit with Lillibridge, an excellent utility player (but questionable hitter in general). Stewart's last start was in the 12-3 romping done by the Cubs, so he's obviously going to need some work in the minors.

For the White Sox, Youk is definitely an upgrade from O-Dog Hudson, Eduardo Escobar, and in my opinion, Brent Morel. Hopefully, Youk can display some of the great numbers he's had over his career in Boston, but even batting .250 the rest of the year, I would be thrilled. Especially because Hudson is more of a second baseman and speedy player, Escobar is a shortstop just filling in at third when Hudson needs rest, and Brent Morel is already looking like his time is dwindling, like another former favored White Sox third baseman.

Author:   Mr Matthews
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 7:03pm (PST)
We got raped in that trade. Neither of the guys we got are worth talking about.

Gonna miss Youk. Our front office is trash.

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 11:28am (PST)
It's so great to be a Bucs fan now. I was able to get down to the park for Burnett's seventh in a row during the Tigers series and I've never seen that place more energetic. We have one of the best homefields in baseball right now and it's great to see other people support the team. I hope they don't run out of gas after the break like they did last year, though. So long as the pitching stays dominate and we get at least for runs a game, we should be able to get a pretty good record at the end of the season. And if he keeps it up, McCutchen should get some MVP consideration. He's been the only consistent hitter we've had all year and has been the spark that usually ignites the offense.

Author:   ChiroVette
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 8:40pm (PST)
Well the Yankees are 17 and 5 for the month of June so far. That is pretty impressive. I hope they can keep this up.

Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 8:58pm (PST)
On June 13, Marlon Byrd was released from the Red Sox after being designated for assignment four days prior. On Monday, June 25, Byrd was suspended 50 Games for testing positive for Tamoxifen, known by the brand name Nolvadex in the United States.

A statement was released by Marlon Byrd via MLBPA:

I made an inexcusable mistake. everal years ago, I had surgery for a condition that was private and unrelated to baseball. Last winter, I suffered a recurrence of that condition and I was provided with a medication that resulted in my positive test. Although that medication is on the banned list, I absolutely did not use it for performance-enhancement reasons.

I am mortified by my carelessness and I apologize to everyone who loves this game as I do. I will serve my suspension, continue to work hard and hope that I am given an opportunity to help a club win later this season.
Source

Admitting to working with Victor Conte didn't help his cause.

Byrd wasn't the best of outfielders either...too many stupid mistakes.

Author:   Bruin
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 8:36pm (PST)
What a great game between the Rangers/Tigers tonight! Really fun to watch.

Also, the Giants are kicking some major ass right now! Good to see Lincecum play a great game.

Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 9:37pm (PST)
The San Francisco Giants had four straight shutouts earlier this week, but have dropped the last two games to the Reds.

On Friday Night, Aaron Cook of the Red Sox only needed 81 Pitches to polish off a Complete Game, 2-hit shutout. Don't see too many Complete Games with a pitch count that low, which I thought was pretty damn impressive--just too tired to post anything about it at the time.

Date:   Jul 08, 12 at 10:32am (PST)
Yay, Cutch is in the homerun derby. Now I actually have a reason to watch it. Hope he breaks some records and gets the attention he deserves.

Date:   Jul 08, 12 at 8:37pm (PST)
quote Demonfurby
Yay, Cutch is in the homerun derby. Now I actually have a reason to watch it. Hope he breaks some records and gets the attention he deserves.
I always love to watch the Home Run Derby regardless of who's in it. And every year someone puts on a show, although we wouldn't call Mark McGuire's 13 in the 1999 Home Run Derby a show nowadays, especially after the first round that Josh Hamilton had in the 2008 Home Run Derby at the old Yankee Stadium.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jose Bautista put on a show Monday Night--heck, he hit a very long HR at Fenway Park a couple weeks ago that went over the Monster, across Landsowne St and hit the roof of a black SUV on the top level of a parking garage.

I was watching that game and saw that monstrous HR live. Talk about amazing, only word I could say was DAMN!

Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 5:45am (PST)

Author:   Mr Matthews
Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 9:11am (PST)
I don't know who that is batting but its hilarious how he just takes off like a bomb just went off behind him.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.