Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: PGA | Golf - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/23/t1528830-pga-golf/7.htm

Author:   Grivous
Date:   Jun 17, 11 at 11:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: PGA | Golf
-------------------------------------------
Looks like Rory is gonna be with Yang, who is only (I say only because it was 10 behind at one time) 6 strokes back. It's certainly not the blowout everyone seems to think it is, just a couple bogeys from McIlroy and a couple birdies from Yang will make it a game again. Still a lot of golf left to be played..

Author:   Mycon
Date:   Jun 18, 11 at 1:46am (PST)
Kuchar could be a dangerman, just so consistent he always seems to go under par and if he put in 2 68s at the weekend then it puts a fair bit of pressure on. I'd be very surprised if McIlroy finishes the tournament in double figures, the USGA can make their courses into brutes.

Date:   Jun 19, 11 at 12:06am (PST)
McIlroy you star. One more day to go, you can do it, make history like Tiger.

Also Garcia's shot from the woods where he hit the flagstick.

Date:   Jun 19, 11 at 12:24am (PST)
Yeah Kuchar has been the best American golfer in the past year imo. He's very consistent like you said, but I don't see him posting many insane scores. If he can get a really good round and a lead at a major I think he'd probably win.

Glad to see McIlroy do what needed to be done today, just one more day left. Couple of 65s today but they were by people who were near even so his lead is still big.

Even though I want to see McIlroy win, it would've been kinda cool if he was -6 or -5 because there are so many people in that range that it would be really fun to watch tomorrow. Sunday drama is always nice.

Oh, and I think another young golfer to look out for is Jason Day. He shot a 65 today and although I didn't get to see much of it, I remember him doing really well at the Masters earlier this year. He's fun to watch.

Date:   Jun 19, 11 at 12:29am (PST)
Yeah, love to watch Day, he's a brilliant holer out of putts, he seems to get so many long putts in a round when he needs it. Was the same in the Masters and will serve him well in future majors no doubt.

Still can't believe what McIlroy is doing here, this is supposed to be the US Open, the hardest major.

Date:   Jun 19, 11 at 12:37am (PST)
Yeah I think this performance has been just as great as Tiger's performance in 2000. Tiger did it on a harder course but Rory has to play a much better field, and the fact that the field is peaking at the -5\-4 range right now shows just how well he's playing.

I think anyone who doesn't think he'll win at LEAST 6-8 majors is crazy, barring any injury of course.

Author:   Mocking Alvin
Date:   Jun 19, 11 at 1:26am (PST)
McIlroy tearing shit up. He couldn't be playing better right now. Watching him throw away his lead at the masters was heartbreaking, surely not again.

Author:   b_pufc
Date:   Jun 19, 11 at 2:32am (PST)
What a fantastic round from Westwood today too, shooting 6 under. If only he hadn't shot like 74 in the first round we may have had a fantastic final day with Mcilroy and Westwood battling it out.

Props to Rory though, he is playing like an absolute beast at the moment. Tearing the course up the first two days. People on ESPN before the tourny claimed no one would shoot at 65 on this course. I know it sounds corny but I really think he's matured since Augusta, the fact he was able to birdie the 11th, one of the toughest holes on the course after dropping a shot at 10 showed some resilience and toughness. Hope he nails it on the final day and gets the victory he deserves. Final note, I love the crowd at Congressional, really getting behind Rory too, its great to see

Author:   zzSilencezz
Date:   Jun 19, 11 at 10:42am (PST)
quote Mocking Alvin
McIlroy tearing shit up. He couldn't be playing better right now. Watching him throw away his lead at the masters was heartbreaking, surely not again.
If he does throw this away he might as well quit his career in golf!

Date:   Jun 19, 11 at 7:22pm (PST)
Course is playing very easy today, no wind at the moment either. Only thing keeping Rory from his first major are his nerves.

And as I type this he kills his first drive on 1 haha.

Date:   Jun 19, 11 at 8:08pm (PST)
Keep it going McIlroy! He could hit 20 under at this stage if he doesn't think about it. His putting is unbelievably better this week.

Date:   Jun 19, 11 at 8:54pm (PST)
Heard them say that the last time no American finished in the top 5 in a US Open was 1908. Cmon Kuchar and Davis Love, pick it up can't let the internationals dominate us this much on our own turf.

For the record the lowest score at any major is -19, if he can get past 11 and 12 without any bogeys I think he could tie it at least.

Author:   b_pufc
Date:   Jun 19, 11 at 11:39pm (PST)
Nice one Rory. So happy for him, first major's always huge but especially after Augusta, the first of many hopefully

Date:   Jun 20, 11 at 12:10am (PST)
Loved watching the end there, Rory hugging his dad and G-Mac, touching stuff. Party on tonight.

Author:   trendyskaman
Date:   Jun 20, 11 at 1:15am (PST)
Just think about how his year would be going if he hadn't imploded at Augusta. I mean, I'm not saying he would have won the damn thing, but if he had, we'd be talking legendary levels of dominance against the PGA tour field right now. Can't wait to see what McIlroy can do at The Open in a few weeks.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.