Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: FFIII Tips for Newbies and Not Newbies. [Post here if you wish to give out tips to other players out there!] - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/22841/t816773-ffiii-tips-for-newbies-not-newbies-post-here-if-you-wish-to-give-out-tips-to-other-players-out/

Author:   zyrius
Date:   Jan 09, 07 at 3:36am (PST)
Subject:   FFIII Tips for Newbies and Not Newbies. [Post here if you wish to give out tips to other players out there!]
-------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Here are just some few tips if you need help with the game. If you wish to clarify or fix something. Just post and i'll fix it. Thanks and hope this helps!

More tips coming soon!

Credits:
>> Mettaur - Inspiration for the job classes to choose and most of these ideas came from him. xD
>> Cheathead - For such help and inspiraion too.
>> Zyrius - For writting this up xD LOL
>> People who give out suggestions - Without you guys, this guide will never be finished.

1. Harvesting Phoenix Downs:
Requirements: Level 20-30+ Thief
What-to-Do: When harvesting phoenix downs from rust birds, just use on character to steal the phoenix downs and the other characters just use guard. 5-8 turns will most likely make you aquire the phoenix down and level up all of your character's job level. So you're doing two things at once that will give you advantage in the game.

2. Training Job Level:
Requirements: Nothing necessary.
What-to-Do: Just run around in circles until you get into a fight and just guard for 5-8 turns and kill the monster and you'll level up your jobs. This works very well for the later jobs if you wish to master them quick.

3. Job Suggestions:
Requirements: None
Locations: None
What-to-Do: Here are some jobs that would work for the game.

p.s. Don't complain about this as this is just a suggestion. I am not telling you to follow this. Any suggestions, say it. Complaints, keep it for yourself.

1st Crystal: Warrior/White Mage/Monk/Red Mage or Black Mage
2nd Crystal: Knight/White Mage/Thief/Black Mage or Geomancer
3rd Crystal: Dragoon/White Mage/Thief or Dark Knight/Geomancer or Evoker
4th Crystal: Dragoon or Black Belt/Devout or Sage/Ninja/Summoner
End Game: You decide.

quote PitLine810
4. Getting to Level 99:
Requirements: Party at least level 60
Locations: Crystal Tower, Eureka
What-to-Do: Go around as if you were leveling around any other place, but wait for the green, yellow, and red dragons to start appearing. IIRC, their levels are 60, 70, and 80, respectively. At frist, only go for the green dragons and run from the higher level ones, but these are the enemies that give you the most experience.
5. Train while an NPC is with you:
Requirements: NPC (Non-Playable-Character) example: Aria
Locations: Overworld - Anywhere you wish to train
What-to-Do: Want to get off into a fight easily or someone to aid you, well, training with NPCs will do the trick. Sometimes, randomly in the game when you are with a NPC, the NPC will cast something that will help you (example: Unei - Haste, Aria - Cura) that will make the battle easier. Sometimes too, they can also use magic or attack normally (example: Doga - Flare, Unei - Holy, Desch - Thundara). It makes the battle easier, quicker and it's preety cool too.

This message was edited by zyrius on Jan 08 2007.

This message was edited by zyrius on Jan 08 2007.

Author:   PitLine810
Date:   Jan 09, 07 at 3:45am (PST)
Subject:   re: FFIII Tips for Newbies and Not Newbies. [Post here if you wish to give out tips to other players out there!]
Getting to Level 99:
Requirements: Party at least level 60
Locations: Crystal Tower, Eureka
What-to-Do: Go around as if you were leveling around any other place, but wait for the green, yellow, and red dragons to start appearing. IIRC, their levels are 60, 70, and 80, respectively. At frist, only go for the green dragons and run from the higher level ones, but these are the enemies that give you the most experience.

Date:   Jan 09, 07 at 3:46am (PST)
Subject:   re: FFIII Tips for Newbies and Not Newbies. [Post here if you wish to give out tips to other players out there!]
Thank you. I like that suggestion.

Author:   cheatheadVIII
Date:   Jan 09, 07 at 4:01am (PST)
This is a pretty good Idea, Maybe me or Bill could talk to CS about Stickying it. ~Mettaur_15 owns me

Author:   mettaur
Date:   Jan 09, 07 at 3:25pm (PST)

I see my name in the first post...

Getting to lv99:
1. Level up in Bahamut's Lair (2nd screen). 5700 exp per battle if you have all of your 4 characters alive.
2. Cystal Tower (1st screen). Run around until you find some Blucks. Kill all of them except one. Let the remaining Bluck summon a KumKum. Kill that KumKum, but leave the Bluck alone. Then wait until the Bluck summon another KumKum and kill that one. Rinse and repeat.

Date:   Jan 10, 07 at 2:26am (PST)
Thanks cheatheadVIII for your support.

Mettaur...you helped me on this one now...xP

Date:   Jan 12, 07 at 12:55pm (PST)
Knights on Endgame:
I just realized that Knights is a preety good class for the endgame. Once you aquire Ragnarok and the Excalibur, it's a preety strong weapon for the Knight. Also the crystal armor set. I know there are alot of stronger weapons and armours for the Knight, But this is preety good too.

Author:   chaosinvader
Date:   Jan 12, 07 at 5:22pm (PST)
Higher Vit than B.B for Knights(only people with wi-fi):
If possible, get an Ultima Sword from the sidequest, and get Save the Queen from the blacksmith by getting your knight to jlvl 99. Equip both swords. The VIT will be much higher than a B.B. Eventually, both will reach 99, but Knights will reach 99 first.

Date:   Jan 12, 07 at 5:28pm (PST)
Thanks chaosinvader. I'll edit this post later with all the suggestions here...

Author:   mettaur
Date:   Jan 13, 07 at 12:56am (PST)
There's a flaw in there though, that I think I need to point out.

When leveling up for HP, the VIT stat that matters is the BASE VIT stat, not the one that accumulates after you equip weapons and stuff. That's why Blackbelts, who have the highest base VIT stat out of all jobs, have the most HP gain.

Date:   Jan 13, 07 at 4:18am (PST)
I never realized that mettaur. Thanks.

Author:   PitLine810
Date:   Jan 15, 07 at 5:59pm (PST)
This thread REALLY needs to be stickied...

Author:   am3930
Date:   Jan 15, 07 at 6:19pm (PST)
Lots of free stuff:
Look areond pots, boxes, plants, etc... Many of them will give you a cheep item. The best I've found thus far is in the gnome doctor's book shelf. Fira and a Fire Staff.

Author:   player300o
Date:   Jan 17, 07 at 10:19pm (PST)
Tip:

mettaur really found out this tip, so give him the credits. I'm just posting what I remember

In a random battle place, take the stylus and press and hold the tip right on the shadow of your character. He or she shall start to spin quickly. This can help to level up because then all you have to do is watch TV while you are doing the tipholding, and then look back every 20-30 seconds. Chances are, you'll have a battle.

That's mettaur's, so remember that...

Author:   yankeesfan1993
Date:   Jan 17, 07 at 10:23pm (PST)
Here's one if you are low on gil or saving up.
When you enter a town zoom in and look for shines in the grass, trees, bushes, etc. You can find some good items and save quite a lot of gil.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.