Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: stuck at MOLTEN CAVE before Salamander [iPad ver. 1.1.0] - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/22841/t1699342-stuck-at-molten-cave-before-salamander-ipad-ver-1-1/

Author:   mrtrancis
Date:   Nov 25, 11 at 9:14pm (PST)
Subject:   stuck at MOLTEN CAVE before Salamander [iPad ver. 1.1.0]
-------------------------------------------
my party was not strong enough to defeat salamander, wasted quite a bit of phoenix downs trying to train throughout the molten cave so i left to find more. (FML x1)

after some high and low searching, i finally consulted google only to find out that this is the only FF in which phoenix downs are found sporadically throughout gameplay but CANNOT be purchased at shops. (FML x2)

so i took some time traveling the world to level up a little more before proceeding back to molten cave. now the rock switch to get into the last room WILL NOT ACTIVATE. i tried saving and restarting, i tried exiting and coming back in, and the sh!t just refuses to sparkle like it did the first time. (FML x9000!!!!!)

HELP

Author:   xxxRockerxxx
Date:   Nov 28, 11 at 5:53am (PST)
Subject:   re: stuck at MOLTEN CAVE before Salamander [iPad ver. 1.1.0]
Once you hit the switch, there should be no reason to hit again. The door should be open so getting back to the Salamander should be no problem.

As for Phoenix Down, yeah, they can't be bought and are found in set places. The best you can do is try and find Rust Birds at the Dragon's Peak and steal Phoenix Downs from them.

Author:   dudemeister
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 8:48pm (PST)
Yeah I'm having the same problem. Left the cave, came back, rock will not sparkle. The door is NOT open. I'm stuck. I really don't want to quit this game based on a ridiculous glitch. Help

Author:   amrosama
Date:   Sep 21, 13 at 11:48am (PST)
yup same here too.
any one? heeeelp

Author:   Thoh
Date:   Sep 22, 13 at 6:43pm (PST)
I have no idea why it would be closed lol I didnt have a problem but.. Salamander is honestly one of the toughest FF3 bosses (at the stage your at when you face him)

Author:   dianner
Date:   Sep 26, 13 at 9:09am (PST)
Salamander is a hard boss??? I think that kraken or the iron giant are the toughest. When I fought Salamander, I didn'have to use phoenix downs. You just need to use ice magic to beat him. He's nothing special.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.