Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Deneral Giscussion. Uguu~ - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/22593/t1752901-deneral-giscussion-uguu/6.htm

Author:   Slash
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 6:57pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Deneral Giscussion. Uguu~
-------------------------------------------
Level 100 takes 1 day only if you play for 6 hours straight without a break.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 7:33pm (PST)
quote Crusad3r
I think Diablo 3 hit the nail on the head with endgame content. Paragon levels, or something similar, can be implemented within Maplestory and Hyper Skills are a reflection of that.

Also giving level 200s more than just Echo and a mount can be good
Level repetition/continued exp at max level is a common thing. I have yet to play an actual full-scale AAA release that doesn't have it. Rift had a pretty interesting idea with theirs, but it wasn't executed very well I think. GW2 gives you items for crafting the best looking weapons in the game, which is nice. Since that way either you can work towards them to use, or work towards them to sell for massive gold.

The only way to really have balanced post-max-level-levelling is to make sure you're not giving out power. Because then all you're doing is saying that those extra bonus are really just more levels, but without a new number. That's terrible balancing and really doesn't work well in any regard. So of course, it'll be the option you have available in maple, but that's a different story for another day. What maple already has in place, and what they'll most likely use in the future, is a long write-up that spans professions, traits, character cards, etcetcetc.

What you want to give, is oranges. When leveling to max, you get apples, which cannot be compared to oranges. Straight power, maybe some utility, healing, whatever. Things useful in a combat situation, that's what apples are. Once you hit max, you need to give the player oranges. So, vanity items for instance.

Insta-100 is pretty lame, but as everybody's said, it's not a huge deal since leveling is so incredibly easy. Level 100 today, is what level 30 was years ago. Hitting level 100 is not a challenge or time consuming affair. I can hit 70 in four hours using crap training spots, if I told that to myself of six years ago, I would have just uninstalled the game and not bothered. And really, that can be said about a lot of things. Meso collection, skill builds, ability point builds, pre-perm release of NX, scrolling in it's entirety, everything about what we consider the "core game" from so many years ago, is far different. Sometimes for the better, usually though it's for the BUY NX TODAY.

Author:   Crusad3r
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 6:11am (PST)
I get what you're saying Lorx, but Diablo 3's end game is "levelling up without a new number".

Honestly, I would like to see a rebirth system in Maplestory. Something that's a bit more refined than a UA.

And I'm honestly not that bothered about "buy nx today". I only tend to buy NX clothes and smegas nowadays anyway . Far more entertaining than buying 500 cubes and getting shit stats regardless.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:01pm (PST)
MS tried Rebirth, it was crap and removed before it was transferred to any other versions besides it's home (JMS). Character Cards/Link Skills are the route they've gone instead.

Leveling without a number gives the problem of there's no cap. A level cap is in place so that power is capped, when you don't cap power, it turns into a play of "so who's played longer? Player 4? Oh, yeah he wins this fight then." You can't ever do PvP with that included in your stats, or any real competitive...anything. It's basically a sign off for a "we farm therefore we farm" setup for a game, which stagnates it fast.

Author:   Evolved159
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 3:15pm (PST)
Hai guys, new here buttttt

In maplestory i'm curious as to how people level so fast, like the day a new character type comes out, theres already people maxed out on level...

My only good character, my level 75 Bishop (or whatever haven't played in a while), took me like over a year of varying amounts of gameplay to acheive, so I was wondering how people level so quickly, please help, thanks!!!

Evolved159

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 4:00pm (PST)
It's all about training spots and NX really, I've hit 70 in a day easy using about 5k NX and "half decent" spots. With enough NX to fund out low level gear like Work Gloves, SS, and PAC's, as well as training at the high-brow spots, you could level up multiple times an hour without ever slowing down. It's worth mentioning that training now is far easier than training over a year ago, so if you were to start a new character, you would whiz through lower levels faster than you had on your current character.

At level 75...isn't that still the Chimney of Haunted House Crusad3r? Whatever's camped out in there?

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 8:20pm (PST)
Yep. Jesters at the top map of the Chimney. Still the best until around level 80.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:11pm (PST)
quote Crusad3r
Yep. Jesters at the top map of the Chimney. Still the best until around level 80.
That gets chained into...DGP until 109 or has that changed up in recent times?

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 12:15am (PST)
quote Lorx
quote Crusad3r
That gets chained into...DGP until 109 or has that changed up in recent times?
80-95 is MP3
85-110 is Aliens

DGP has become obselete

Author:   Soltice
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 1:24am (PST)
Most classes can start Aliens as early as 70 if you have a bishop willing to door you inside

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 6:46am (PST)
quote Soltice
Most classes can start Aliens as early as 70 if you have a bishop willing to door you inside
And get KSed out within a minute. Not worth it.

Author:   Slash
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 7:21pm (PST)
quote Crusad3r
quote Soltice
And get KSed out within a minute. Not worth it.
Not if you train in the first four maps.
Nobody goes there and the 5th map is usually open too unless it's 2exp.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:14pm (PST)
Depends on server a bit as well for that.

I'm sure Dragonclawz has lovely stories of every map forever being full. I sure noticed the difference when I moved from Bera to Broa.

Well, every map within the set training spots. Other 95% of the game is always dead on every server.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:33pm (PST)
quote Slash
Not if you train in the first four maps.
Nobody goes there and the 5th map is usually open too unless it's 2exp.
If you're training in the first 4 maps you may as well go to MP3. Spawn in alien corridor is terrible besides Corridor 6. I wouldn't even train in Corridor 5 because MP3 would be faster.

Author:   dragonclawz
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 5:48pm (PST)
quote Lorx
Depends on server a bit as well for that.

I'm sure Dragonclawz has lovely stories of every map forever being full. I sure noticed the difference when I moved from Bera to Broa.

Well, every map within the set training spots. Other 95% of the game is always dead on every server.
I avoid those areas completely these days. Too busy...

There are numerous amazing maps that are avoided in Scania when there are 2x events because they are too crowded. I always use alternate spots, less popular but always available.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.