Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: -The Neoseeker CounterStrike: Source 2v2 League- - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/22505/t1534409-neoseeker-counterstrike-source-2v2-league/

Author:   Trafalgar
Date:   May 28, 10 at 8:41pm (PST)
Subject:   -The Neoseeker CounterStrike: Source 2v2 League-
-------------------------------------------
The Neoseeker CounterStrike: Source 2v2 League

Admins: Trafalgar and Celes Leonhart

The Neoseeker CounterStrike: Source 2v2 League - or NeoCSS, as we've abbreviated it - is a free-entry exclusive gaming event open to members of Neoseeker.com, and centred around the Steam Forum.
And - just to grab your attention - there will be PRIZES AT THE END OF THE SEASON, including games from the Steam Store and Neoseeker site-related prizes. As if you needed any more incentive to join.

This thread will be used to conduct the event.

Everything is explained in-depth in the thread linked above; however, here is a brief overview of the concept:

Concept Overview
The Neoseeker CounterStrike: Source 2v2 (NeoCSS) League is just that: a long-running event in which several teams of two players each pit themselves against one another in the popular online FPS, CounterStrike: Source. Ultimately, the goal is to have the highest number of wins vs. the lowest number of losses for your team by the end of the season, thus finishing in first place.
This event has been organised by the Moderation team at Neoseeker's Steam Forum, and its purpose is simple: to allow as many Neoseeker members as possible to enjoy competing in an organised gaming event within the community, and to generate interest for the forum itself. Aside from this, our main goal is to make this really, really fun ^^
The League will be structured as follows:
-----

Joining Requirements

In order to join the league, there are a few absolutely essential requirements that you must meet: We also recommend that you have the following; however these things are not essential to your joining the League:

Author:   ImortalHuman
Date:   Jun 29, 10 at 11:02pm (PST)
Subject:   re: -The Neoseeker CounterStrike: Source 2v2 League-
Basically the same as the 5v5 league: I'm in.

Author:   Gangey
Date:   Jul 01, 10 at 12:08am (PST)
Australia players allowed?

Author:   ImortalHuman
Date:   Jul 01, 10 at 4:06am (PST)
quote Gangey
Australia players allowed?
Don't see why not..And I don't think Trafs' a racist so thats another thing.

Author:   Trafalgar
Date:   Jul 01, 10 at 10:26am (PST)
I think he's more worried about the ping issue of trying to connect to an EU server from the other side of the world :L

However, you're quite welcome to join if that doesn't bother you! ^^

Author:   SykoSloth
Date:   Jul 01, 10 at 4:00pm (PST)
When does this start/end? I've looked in both threads and didn't see it, but i guess i could have glanced over it or something

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Jul 01, 10 at 5:28pm (PST)
It's starting now, essentially. I guess you have all the time to sign up until the event's over, you're simply gunna be at a disadvantage if you take ages.

Author:   Range 2h bro
Date:   Jun 03, 11 at 12:04pm (PST)
I'm game for this, though 2vs2 for 15 round seems a lot o:

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.