Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderator's Corner - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/22323/t641623-moderators-corner/2.htm

Author:   AmeriKan PsyKo
Date:   Feb 06, 06 at 4:11am (PST)
Subject:   re: Moderator's Corner
-------------------------------------------
quote jbh
i think guests should be allowed thats one of the reasons i joined this forum
They are. That was the first request of the thread, and it's been done. The forum is now open to everyone.

Author:   DAINofEREBOR
Date:   Feb 07, 06 at 8:46pm (PST)
quote oOhennersOo
^^^What I was thinking^^^

There's already too many Stickied threads, I want to get rid of the Footer contest soon, just after the 1st I think.

If I did make a Awards thread it would have to be a voting system. Where everyone sends their votes to either me or another (trusted member. i.e. MusiKon, AmeriKan PsyKo, etc) and we count up the votes and order them into Top 5, or 10. How does that sound?

Would someone be willing to put in all that counting and reading time in for the forum?
Id be willing to put in all that counting and reading time!!

Author:   oOhennersOo
Date:   Feb 07, 06 at 9:00pm (PST)
Sorry man, but battleboy465 (aka megafreak) is doing that now. He might let you help, but it's not going to be fun, so let him do all the hard-work.

Author:   DAINofEREBOR
Date:   Feb 07, 06 at 9:09pm (PST)
nooooooo, my soul is crushed now....im going to jump off something high!

Date:   Feb 10, 06 at 4:48pm (PST)
Sooo... I asked this question in the first post I think, but what does everyone want to be in the guest and Newbie messages? The current one is:

"Welcome to the forum, feel free to look around and enjoy yourself. If you have a question about Neoseeker then feel free to ask. Anything DS related is welcome too (of course)!"

I'm not to fond of it really, so what should it say?

Author:   Diversion
Date:   Feb 10, 06 at 8:52pm (PST)
Honestly I think the current one is fine and professional. It was originally made by Q22 (I think), and it covers just about everything that this forum is about and explains it well to guests and new-comers.

Date:   Feb 11, 06 at 12:26am (PST)
Well, whatever. I just thought it was a bit too professional, and not quite casual enough. But this a democracy, what the people want, the people get (unless the people are idiots), so it stays the same... For now...

Author:   Diversion
Date:   Feb 11, 06 at 12:46am (PST)
I"m not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just givng in-put. If you feel it should be changed you should do so. I just think it seems fine the way it is.

Author:   Q22
Date:   Feb 11, 06 at 1:09pm (PST)
Haha. I personally admire you for really making this a peoples forum. However, I've noticed in my experience that many people totally ignore the text above the reply box (especially when they're new) .

Date:   Feb 11, 06 at 6:12pm (PST)
Well thanks very much. Dictartorships never really work though, so I thought let's give this thing a go then.

And I know you weren't trying to tell me what to do, I asked for input, and you gave. I wasn't offended or anything...

Author:   spyrorocks
Date:   Feb 20, 06 at 1:51am (PST)
quote oOhennersOo
^^^What I was thinking^^^

There's already too many Stickied threads, I want to get rid of the Footer contest soon, just after the 1st I think.

If I did make a Awards thread it would have to be a voting system. Where everyone sends their votes to either me or another (trusted member. i.e. MusiKon, AmeriKan PsyKo, etc) and we count up the votes and order them into Top 5, or 10. How does that sound?

Would someone be willing to put in all that counting and reading time in for the forum?
I will be willing to make a poll/voteing system for you (PHP hosted on my website) if you would like. Im pretty good at stuff like that....

Date:   Feb 20, 06 at 1:46pm (PST)
Megafreak is already doing it. Read the Awards threas and send your votes in!

Author:   Thug Sane
Date:   Mar 10, 06 at 1:28am (PST)
If it's already suggested, tell me, but this forum needs a background contest. We already have a footer and header, but I think a background would look nice.

Date:   Mar 10, 06 at 10:58pm (PST)
I'm dunno about that, background often make it hard to see the writing of thread names and so on. Then it's really annoying when you change to a thread, then back to the Index. Just seems a bit pointless and strenuous for the eye. Just the nice and easy white is good enough for me. But as always, if enough people ask...

Author:   AmeriKan PsyKo
Date:   Mar 11, 06 at 8:23am (PST)
I agree, unless it's a very light and simple background, I don't care for them on Neo.

Plus the current header (and footer, I believe) rely on the white background for their rounded look. Neither of them use transparency (even though the footer could since it's a PNG), so there is a thick white area around them that can't be seen because of the white background, but would be very visible if the background were changed.

Edit: Uh... now that the footer contest is over and the thread is closed, I think it's safe to un-sticky it now.

This message was edited by AmeriKan PsyKo on Mar 13 2006.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.