Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderator's Corner - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/22323/t641623-moderators-corner/10.htm

Author:   Jesh
Date:   Jan 16, 08 at 11:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Moderator's Corner
-------------------------------------------
I very rarely see really active DS game forums. As Dom said Phoenix Wright is a game I'd like to discuss, see what it is about indepthly. And I know Assassin's Creed DS will be dead, it's my luck. I have more.

And I do love teh barbies.

Date:   Jan 23, 08 at 12:02am (PST)
Well, I have to bump this, to make an announcement.

I am going to start adding important threads to the index, what are some I should add?

Author:   chaos
Date:   Jan 23, 08 at 12:41pm (PST)
Probably the Guess the DS Game thread could go in, along with Andy's AR guide. And perhaps even the SSBDS thread, considering as how there's been a lot in the past. Also, I thought there was one in there, but a link to a DS vs. PSP thread.

Date:   Jan 23, 08 at 10:43pm (PST)
I added in the DS vs. PSP game thread in last night.

Author:   Tainted
Date:   Jan 24, 08 at 1:16am (PST)
Subject:   re: General DS Improvement Thread
Homebrew Guide?

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jan 24, 08 at 2:18am (PST)
I really suck at Markup. Esh, can you fix the last part here leaving all the edit tags intact?

Author:   Q22
Date:   Jan 27, 08 at 8:10pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General DS Improvement Thread
Sometime ago, when I moderated this forum, there was a Featured Forum thread to promote forums on a weekly basis that could use the extra boost in attraction. There was no particular criteria for it, but I was wondering if you'd like to bring that back jesh33? Me and Avalith are keen to promote a few forums in the RPG/Adventure forum and it would also be useful for other forums in other sections that Pricey365 might want to promote. Alternatively, we can have a public vote for any forums or you could select them yourself. I just think it wouldn't be too much effort (I'd undertake the task if you aren't motivated for it) and helps give a bit of support to the rest of the DS category.

Edit: Allow me to clarify further - I know you have the Bi Weekly Game thread, but that lets some simple discussion grow here, while I'm more keen on encouraging it to grow in the forum itself.

Would appreciate everyones thoughts on this. Thanks.

Date:   Jan 27, 08 at 10:51pm (PST)
I was browsing through old threads, and I came across that. It is a really good idea, and I will start it up, but first I need to know how this will work. Will I just close it and sticky it, or would I let people discuss the game still. If it is the latter, it would be sort of like the Biweekly Game thread, so I am assuming this is just for people to see and go to the forum? And am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Author:   Q22
Date:   Jan 28, 08 at 8:07am (PST)
Yeah, I meant close it and sticky it, so over time it's an archive of featured forums. In it, you'd include a link, information like background, gameplay and features. Most profiles have those already so you can just copy + paste it over into a post. Perhaps screenshots? Depends on how far you wish to go.

Author:   Pricey
Date:   Jan 28, 08 at 3:39pm (PST)
Yeah, awesome idea in my opinion. There is a few forums I would like to promote too. Especially the Advance Wars Days of Ruin forum.

~365

Date:   Jan 28, 08 at 4:00pm (PST)
Yeah, I like that idea too. The Bi-Weekly Game Thread is nice too, but it doesn't get the game forums active... it just gets the General DS a bit more active by giving everyone something to discuss. Which isn't a bad thing, it's just not really get the game's forum active, unless it somehow convinces people to go out and buy it.

Date:   Jan 28, 08 at 9:11pm (PST)
Alright I can get this going. I'll have it up, once I figure out what games to do.

Date:   Jan 29, 08 at 4:38am (PST)
Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations.

Author:   Dark Dom
Date:   Jan 29, 08 at 4:40am (PST)
Monster Hunter Fre-
Uh. I mean, any Phoenix Wright game. Well and truly underrated.

Date:   Jan 29, 08 at 4:12pm (PST)
Oh noez. The footer is broke, thanks to Imageshack. Not sure who made it, but do you think it could be re-uploaded?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.