Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Homebrew Guide - page 13

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/22323/t1073893-homebrew-guide/13.htm

Author:   Tainted
Date:   Jul 20, 09 at 7:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Homebrew Guide
-------------------------------------------
Yeah I saw that, and I was a little upset. But I didn't really lose hope just because the game played fine.

Anyway, do you know of any good Homebrew games Link? I downloaded a few flash game ports, but those get old fast.

Author:   LinkMaster03
Date:   Jul 20, 09 at 9:29pm (PST)
I don't usually play homebrew games but I like playing around with Rubber Bands, World of Sand, and Pocket Physics.

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by LinkMaster03 on Jul 20 2009.

Date:   Jul 20, 09 at 9:32pm (PST)
I couldn't get into Pocket Physics. If there was actual structure in the game I would probably like it more.

What I really want is a good web browser, but the one that came with DSOrganize was really slow and did not work very well. And I never got a Slot-2 device, so no LinuxDS for me. =/

Author:   LinkMaster03
Date:   Jul 20, 09 at 10:45pm (PST)
You can run DSLinux with a slot-1 card, but you'll just have access to one terminal instead of three, and I'm pretty sure the web browser will still run good on a slot-1 card. Wireless is going to be a bitch to setup if you don't know your way around the Linux terminal, but it's possible. If you want to go this route, I'm pretty sure there's a script packaged with DSLinux called 'wnc' that helps set up wireless. Just type wnc in the terminal.

You might also want to try Bunjaloo. It looks pretty good.

In any case, web browsing on DS isn't really worth it, especially without a slot-2 card.

Author:   Bass Ultra
Date:   Sep 13, 09 at 2:40pm (PST)
Anyone know how to use a DLDI patcher for r4i sdhc (dstti clone)?

Date:   Dec 01, 09 at 1:29am (PST)
Anyone know of any good applications that have come out in the past couple months? Or am I the only one who tries to keep up with the homebrew scene nowadays? I don't know much about DSi homebrew, but I think people have made a homebrew channel already.

Author:   JugJug
Date:   Dec 01, 09 at 1:40am (PST)
I haven't been into the homebrew scene either.

I think homebrew for Wii already reached it's peak.

Author:   Mac
Date:   Dec 01, 09 at 1:52am (PST)
quote Tainted
Anyone know of any good applications that have come out in the past couple months? Or am I the only one who tries to keep up with the homebrew scene nowadays? I don't know much about DSi homebrew, but I think people have made a homebrew channel already.
Completely forgot about this xD

The newest version of Beup Live is *bleep*ing awesome! =D

Date:   Dec 01, 09 at 2:01am (PST)
I never tried any of those messenger things. I never use the one on my computer, even. >.>

I was looking somewhere and saw DSision. It's just a new OS for the cart, but it looks really cool. Has anyone here tried it out?

Author:   Mac
Date:   Dec 09, 09 at 12:06am (PST)
quote Tainted
I never tried any of those messenger things. I never use the one on my computer, even. >.>

I was looking somewhere and saw DSision. It's just a new OS for the cart, but it looks really cool. Has anyone here tried it out?

I'll try it out tomorrow, but for now, try PAPong. This game is pretty fun and has many designs.

MAJOR EDIT::

DOWNLOAD AXE NAO

Author:   Hashim
Date:   Mar 26, 10 at 10:35pm (PST)
Sorry to bump a year-old thread, people.

I'm pretty new to the homebrew scene, especially the DS homebrew scene, so please bear with me.

Basically, I just wanted to know how the TTDS flash card works exactly. How, once I have bought it, do I install it onto my DS, and how long a process is it all?

All help and info I can get on the DS is much appreciated. Thanks.

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Mar 27, 10 at 4:49am (PST)
You "install" it just like a regular game card. Note that a TTDS will not work with a DSi, so if you don't have an original DS or a DS Lite, you've just wasted about $20 (assuming you got a legitimate card and not a clone). Flash cards are merely a plug and play business. You don't have to open up your console or do any other risky mods (unless you want a homebrew channel on the DSi).

Author:   Hashim
Date:   Mar 27, 10 at 12:05pm (PST)
Oh, so it's merely a case of plug the TTDS flash card in, and I'm set to go? Well, that's good to know.

Also, what are the main differences between the TTDS and the CycloDS Evolution flash cards?

I know the CycloDS is kinda more pricey, but is that the only difference between the two? What are the advantages and disadvantages of both the cards?

Thanks.

Author:   garobin
Date:   Aug 02, 10 at 1:27pm (PST)
will these applications work with the acekard 2?

Date:   Aug 04, 10 at 4:07am (PST)
The apps should work for all homebrew devices, although it is possible that some (like Moonshell I think, but I don't quite remember) may require a patch specific to each card.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.