Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: uhm, where's the GD thread? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/22121/t1790012-uhm-wheres-gd-thread/

Author:   Ricoman
Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 9:03pm (PST)
Subject:   uhm, where's the GD thread?
-------------------------------------------
Didn't there used to be an off-topic thread, somewhere? I can't find it to save my hide...

OH GD, WHERE ART THOU?

sheesh, did I really? Yeah, I guess I did...

Author:   jaydenfox
Date:   Nov 10, 12 at 8:13pm (PST)
We could always proclaim this to be the new GD thread. I think the other one mighta been approaching its limit for pages anyway. I don't remember. It should be within the first couple pages of the forum though, we don't have too much activity anymore xD

Author:   Chad Sexington
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 1:13am (PST)
Maybe I should finish my game.... after 6 years.

It's been a while since I advertised it so here you go: http://uothief.com/undeniably.html

I literally only have the final dungeon to complete to actually call the game "done."

There are even stragglers that post on my forum every once in a while about the game. I especially feel bad for this one guy from Germany who says he's played through the game 6 times already and has been waiting for me to finish. =(

The whole RMXP community just decided to evaporate all at the same time.

It's hard to be motivated to work on it knowing that so few people will ever play it.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 5:18am (PST)
Subject:   re: uhm, where's the GD thread?
Unstickied and floating around the forum somewhere.

Still would like to get my game finished but I'm having a creative block. Instead all I've been is just recreating project sites.

Chad Sexington Kan Gao of Freebird's Game managed to release an RMXP game on Steam under Greenlight. Even got high reviews from GameSpot, Eurogamer, etc...

Author:   ssbm freak
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 8:51am (PST)
quote Chad Sexington

It's been a while since I advertised it so here you go: http://uothief.com/undeniably.html

I literally only have the final dungeon to complete to actually call the game "done."

There are even stragglers that post on my forum every once in a while about the game. I especially feel bad for this one guy from Germany who says he's played through the game 6 times already and has been waiting for me to finish. =(

It's hard to be motivated to work on it knowing that so few people will ever play it.
People will still play it. ;D
I can get atleast 20 or so people on board by giving it a mention on the SMG website as well as the SMG staff.
I'd love to see it finished myself.

Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 2:27pm (PST)
Found the GD

Don't expect activity in here to return.

BTW SSBM freak what is SMG?

Author:   Chad Sexington
Date:   Nov 14, 12 at 4:45pm (PST)
quote ssbm freak
quote Chad Sexington

People will still play it. ;D
I can get atleast 20 or so people on board by giving it a mention on the SMG website as well as the SMG staff.
I'd love to see it finished myself.
Thanks...

At this point I'm considering just throwing together a very simplified version of the dungeon I had originally planned. (I can always improve it later.) It's just one of those things that I started and want to have completed. And I at least want to tell the ending of the story.

Date:   Nov 20, 12 at 7:02pm (PST)
okay so that project I mentioned in the introduction thread...here are some screenies!

this is a project I'm doing making a 3D game with Inquisitor's tilesets (with permission, of course. Im buying the tileset licenses)

I'm wanting to do an MMO of this game with all Inquisitor tiles. Its been fun and quite a challenge but very worth it. I think the final results will be awesome!

Date:   Nov 21, 12 at 6:44am (PST)
You and your fancy unity. Tempted to try using that or Blender, or something to make a 3D game.

How the hell do you turn Inquisitors tilesets into 3D? Unless it was done in 3D first before being flattened into 2D. Issue would be ofcourse doing all the game code, unless there is an SDK somewhere.

Author:   jaydenfox
Date:   Nov 21, 12 at 6:51am (PST)
The title of the game is "RMXP Unity Run" at the moment... Have you found some way to integrate the two programs?

Date:   Nov 21, 12 at 9:57am (PST)
well I have to take his 2D graphics and build 3d models that fit the texture maps. The hard part is getting the geometry to match the textures. Once I have the models built in Maya its a straight port into Unity. They have a native Maya import built into the program =)

It's not a "program" per se as just 3d modelling and textureing, then import into a game engine

Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 7:12pm (PST)
okay so been working a little more on it, have some new extras thrown in I've finished the tables and market booths, as well as some windows and the swords/axes in Inq's tilesets. I also changed up the stone textures so they dont look so flat and tiled.

without further ado, here are the new screenshots:

Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 10:35am (PST)
Those street lamps look quite low.

Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 2:18pm (PST)
Harbin - you mean dim? yeah I agree. I'm going to add a glow material to it to give it a gentle yellow warm light

unless you meant heightwise, I guess I've just always pictured them short...

Date:   Nov 29, 12 at 11:59am (PST)
quote Ricoman
I'm sorry, who?

Yeah I mean heightwise. Usually they're three to four times someone's height.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.