Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion VII: "If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you. " - page 31

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/22121/t1444910-general-discussion-vii-if-want-your-opinion-ill-give-to-you/31.htm

Author:   arion_orion
Date:   Feb 24, 10 at 8:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion VII: "If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you. "
-------------------------------------------
So we keep this one til 60 pages? We're such rebels.

oops, looks like I'm the first post for GD 7 1/2

Author:   Bunnyburn
Date:   Feb 24, 10 at 9:23pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion VII: "If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you. "
I'm the first person too.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Feb 24, 10 at 10:04pm (PST)
Me three

Author:   Unstoppable_Luke
Date:   Feb 25, 10 at 12:40am (PST)
Fourth?

Author:   ssbm freak
Date:   Feb 25, 10 at 6:04am (PST)
Just make the god damn thread or we'll lose GD privileges. Trust meh. D:

Date:   May 29, 14 at 11:46am (PST)
I know this place doesn't see much activity right now but Humble Bundle is having a sale on some RPG Maker titles and the construction tools themselves, in particular RMXP and VX Ace. Tagging you guys just as an FYI to see if you'd be interested in trying to revive old forums. $12 for the lot or $6 for some of the tools and DLCs. Having said that a bunch of the people I've tagged have moved on from Neo. Place will probably stay dead.

Author:   Helladen
Date:   May 29, 14 at 12:58pm (PST)
Yeah, I already seen it. I bought it for XP, going to gift my extra VX ACE key to my brother.

Author:   ssbm freak
Date:   May 29, 14 at 3:31pm (PST)
harbin I'll spread the word, idk if we can ever be fully revitalized but having new talent around would definitely be nice.

Author:   jaydenfox
Date:   May 29, 14 at 10:24pm (PST)
harbin I meant to post that earlier, then I forgot -_- I'm debating buying it. I feel like I should buy the bundle, for old time's sake, but I'd want the $12 pack... And I don't particularly feel like throwing money away >.>

Author:   Syfe Kuroslayer
Date:   Jun 02, 14 at 5:44pm (PST)
harbin i already got it. but i have both extra keys for XP and VX ace

i mostly wanted to grab the dlc packs and supporting charity was worth it.

Author:   Ultimaodin
Date:   Jun 07, 14 at 9:57pm (PST)
Is this still happening?

Author:   Helladen
Date:   Jun 08, 14 at 1:22am (PST)
quote Ultimaodin
Is this still happening?
No man.

I gave my extra VX ACE key to my brother, so I don't have any extras left over.

Date:   Jun 08, 14 at 2:45am (PST)
Ended Tuesday, I think.

Vx Ace has some decent features included. Uploading games to the Steam workshop and face/character generator. Improvement on VX.

Author:   Ultimaodin
Date:   Jun 08, 14 at 7:48am (PST)
Has the interface of VX been improved. Felt they took that in the wrong direction from XP. Maybe I was just too used to XP and its functionality. I ought to give Ace a try.

Date:   Jun 08, 14 at 8:13am (PST)
Interface is largely the same, with the exception of a few additions (the area feature for example, allowing you to see specific enemies in specific areas of the maps) and a shadow pen allowing you more control over where shadows are placed on the map. It has a project manager if you have a lot of work ongoing, and a cloud saving feature, though I'm not quite sure how to restore projects from the cloud if it is accidentally removed, or if there are other limitations with it. There is more control over character features (can now add immunities per character, and set specific skills. Set nicknames, and descriptions and formalas for actions. It has added features but it is largely the similar interface.

They've also brought the full tileset customising back. Before you were stuck with five tilesets, four preset and one custom. Now you can have more control over them. VX Ace has just improved on the features to make it more powerful.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.