Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Manga Discussion 16: The Kannabi Bridge Reunion! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/21862/t1757646-general-manga-discussion-16-kannabi-bridge-reunion/

Author:   Mirage
Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 2:17am (PST)
Subject:   General Manga Discussion 16: The Kannabi Bridge Reunion!
-------------------------------------------
Previous thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote Previous comments
quote Supernouva
My guess is he was on the verge of death and then someone like Orochimaru found him (if he has something to do with this I wouldn't be surprised at this point) and managed to restore his body (possibly hoping he would possess it). Fast forward a couple of years, Obito awakens his Mangekyou, gains his annoying dimension-warping ability, becomes crazy strong, and sets out on his revenge-take-over-the-world-peace-by-permanent-illusion plot. Then you know how the story goes. Just put the remaining pieces together and voila.
quote Rondo
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Orochimaru has something to do with it.

I also think part of his motives have something to do with Rin's death.

This was my initial thought too, though I can't imagine Orochimaru would have ran away from Akatsuki if this was the case. Any chances Obito's Mangekyou Sharingan activated whilst under the boulder, making him able to slip out from the rocks? Maybe activating Sharingan and Mangekyou Sharingan all in one day is a bit much....plus there'd be no reason for Obito to not rejoin Kakashi & co.

Damn, too many thoughts about this!

Decent chapter though admittingly so many pages without text span me out a little bit. Loved seeing all the classic characters in younger form and a young Guy beating Obitio left me feeling nostalgic over Sasuke's defeat to Rock Lee all that time ago.

Author:   NARETO
Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 8:20am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Manga Discussion 16: The Kannabi Bridge Reunion!
quote Mirage
This was my initial thought too, though I can't imagine Orochimaru would have ran away from Akatsuki if this was the case. Any chances Obito's Mangekyou Sharingan activated whilst under the boulder, making him able to slip out from the rocks? Maybe activating Sharingan and Mangekyou Sharingan all in one day is a bit much....plus there'd be no reason for Obito to not rejoin Kakashi & co.

Damn, too many thoughts about this!

Decent chapter though admittingly so many pages without text span me out a little bit. Loved seeing all the classic characters in younger form and a young Guy beating Obitio left me feeling nostalgic over Sasuke's defeat to Rock Lee all that time ago.
I pretty much agree with Orochimaru having something to do with it. But if your theory were true, I'd like to think he got a sort of amnesia, and he started anew and picked up his philosophy and all that? Maybe? What's funny about your nostalgia thing though, is that I just got passed that part on Path of the Ninja on the DS.

Author:   pokemon speedy
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 7:54am (PST)
A knock to the head after barely escaping death isn't entirely out of the question and orochimaru being involved is another possibility that could happen, I kinda like the idea of Orochimaru being the final big bad after all this war arc chaos it just seems so fitting to me

Author:   Ham Seller
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 2:57pm (PST)
If chapter 600 returns to either, Sasuke and Orochimaru, or the Kages and Madara....

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 4:09pm (PST)
LOL I wouldn't be surprised Ham Seller, that would be beyond annoying - Obito's finally been revealed and the latest chapter had a serious lack of dialogue, we're due some answers! Though saying that, we now have 3 characters who all know the truth and each of them are in different places, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kishimoto had each one start explaining and revealing the truth and for it all to meet in the middle some-how, revealing some massive revelation.

(If Rin isn't involved, I'll be pissed).

quote pokemon speedy
I kinda like the idea of Orochimaru being the final big bad after all this war arc chaos it just seems so fitting to me
Even if Orochimaru was involved in Obito's survival, he isn't the main bad guy anymore, he hasn't been since he lost the use of his arms and was defeated by Sasuke. Obviously Kabuto's been pushed to the side-line now his master's back and despite Uchiha Madara's history and apparent knowledge of Obito, he isn't the big bad either. It's either Obito or someone behind him pulling the strings. That's what I reckon anyway, watch Kishimoto prove me stupidly wrong.

Author:   Rondo
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 4:38pm (PST)
Orochimaru seems more plausible to me, just when you taught he was really gone for good he keeps coming back into the plot.

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 4:57pm (PST)
Orochimaru is only back because of Sasuke's need of information, which he doesn't even have himself. Don't get me wrong, I think Oro's a great villain and he's probably some-way involved, but we've been too aware of him for him to be the main bad guy....

Speaking of the White Snake, I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Orochimaru succeed in taking over Sasuke's body.

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 4:38am (PST)
So he is doing all this because Rin died.

This is getting worse and worse by the chapter.

Author:   zanderman
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 6:48am (PST)
"Whether 'I' survived or not is not important"

Still *bleep*ing bullshit. He isn't actually Obito. No god damn way. Also, why the *bleep* would Madara know who he is?

Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 7:12am (PST)
quote zanderman
"Whether 'I' survived or not is not important"

Still *bleep*ing bullshit. He isn't actually Obito. No god damn way. Also, why the *bleep* would Madara know who he is?
Because he rescued him! It's all in my 15 page thesis. Didn't you read it?

Author:   zanderman
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 8:36am (PST)
Sigh, yeah. Shit gets extremely confusing when considering when Madara actually died.

Author:   Supernouva
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 10:37am (PST)
Well, I expect a full explanation of this whole conspiracy over the next couple of chapters now that Madara and his imposter are standing right beside each other for everyone to see.

At the very least, it's confirmed that Rin is dead. Judging by her attitude after Obito died, I'd say that was probably a suicide. She obviously wasn't the same after Obito died, and then after Kakashi turned down her confession, I'd imagine she fell into an emotional slump that she never quite recovered from.

Author:   Goku
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 12:51am (PST)
Worst motive for a big villain. I understand it in the case of say Anakin or so, he was slowly corrupted and snapped.

-starting a world war
-killing 10,000s of people due to it
-killing Naruto's family
-taking part in the massacre
-mind*bleep*ing Sasuke
-controlling Akatsuki

All because Rin died. Praying for there to be a better reason than this crap.

Author:   pokemon speedy
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 4:42am (PST)
I agree, this BS needs a better reason than what we have been given because this is seriously under thought if this is all we are getting. one thing I want to know is what happened to the kages? As far as I'm aware they were fighting madara being seeing as he's with naruto and the lot it gives me the impression something else happened in the kage fight and my guess will be sasuke and orochimaru found them

Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 7:36am (PST)
This sums up Obito/Tobi's motivation

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.