Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Notice / Inquiries - page 18

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/21237/t751374-notice-inquiries/18.htm

Author:   EHays91
Date:   Jul 12, 10 at 4:47pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Notice / Inquiries
-------------------------------------------
I agree with both of you guys!

Author:   Boo
Date:   Jul 16, 10 at 11:00pm (PST)
Until next Saturday, I will not be online as I am off to Italy!

Please send all PMs concerning the forums to Jon. You won't get any response from me. :)

Author:   CrystalLaser
Date:   Jul 17, 10 at 3:29am (PST)
Note as well that I also have other sites to tend to along with stuff in real life to do, so if you have something urgent that needs to be done, drop me a PM and I'll get on it as soon as possible.

Author:   Eclipse
Date:   Aug 01, 10 at 6:05pm (PST)
One suggestion for PokéFiction

Ratings.

So... Say if you're writing a FanFiction, and you get a bad Rating. Wouldn't that encourage you to improve you're writing skill?

Find someone to rate the most active Fan-Fics(and even roleplays) every month or so.
I think this would be a good idea to look into

Author:   Aether
Date:   Aug 01, 10 at 9:53pm (PST)
I agree with Zach on a certain extent. Because if you gave some fanfics and roleplays really bad ratings, it may discourage the writer to stop writing because it isn't good.

But the good rating is a good idea I think, you just need a way to keep the people with bad ratings writing.

Date:   Aug 03, 10 at 3:38pm (PST)
How would you go about this though? Writing in the fic, or having a new thread for full reviews?

Author:   Morrigan
Date:   Aug 03, 10 at 3:41pm (PST)
No. It doesn't encourage them to improve, it encourages them to stop.

Date:   Aug 04, 10 at 1:36am (PST)
If there is someone (or some people) willing to go around and rate EVERY form of fan media in that forum CIVILLY, then I am willing to let this go ahead.

But, you would have to carry yourself as someone who is competent and civil enough to do it. If you rush in going "It's good." or "OMG U SUCK.", you're not worth having the title of an official rater. Take the time to tell them what they did wrong and how they can change it.

@Argetgarm - Only if you're being a jerk about it. If you're mature and helpful about it, it can help. If you are insecure and not willing to listen to criticism, then you should just quit now.

Date:   Aug 04, 10 at 4:38pm (PST)
I do try to rate a lot of works, but sometimes I'm too busy, and sometimes I really don't have the motivation. If something really catches my eye (whether the reason being it's good or awful) then I will rate with ways to improve. It's just an impossible task to ask of one person.

Date:   Aug 04, 10 at 6:06pm (PST)
I'd say go about it in just simply putting the rating underneath the thread title (Like where it determines whether it's a fan-fic, role-play or Comic)
And instead of someone going around just reading and rating, if the writer's want a rating, PM the rater?

And it's a 50/50 chance that a bad writing will cause something to stop or something to improve.

Also, to let people know of ratings, there could just be a stickied thread listing information and then overall ratings (they can be categorized into Role-Play, Fan Fiction etc.)
I'd probably be willing to sort it all out, aswell as be a rater. I REALLY like reading things xD

Author:   Morrigan
Date:   Aug 04, 10 at 6:09pm (PST)
If we can select people who know their way around Pokefiction (like Zach) to do the ratings then it won't be so bad, but you'll need more than one person, because he's got some in there too.

And not me, I have enough to do already. -.-"

Date:   Aug 04, 10 at 6:12pm (PST)
We can't have just one person. 1, it would be too hard on them. 2, They will be bias, no matter how hard they try. If there was a way to make it an open vote and stars or something appeared underneath, then maybe.

Date:   Aug 04, 10 at 6:18pm (PST)
3 people, add the ratings of each person together and average them?

Date:   Aug 05, 10 at 7:50pm (PST)
I have an idea that combines some of the ideas presented here.

What if a thread was made called "Critique of the Week: *Insert fan media here*"

Each week, the 3 people who are critics decide on what ONE fan media; comic, fanfic, or other wise, to critique, and all 3 people have a week to reply with their critiques. Then, as of Monday, a new fan media is critiqued.

Date:   Aug 05, 10 at 9:13pm (PST)
That sounds like a good idea

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.