Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Hatching eggs to get a Shiny pokemon - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/21237/t1798658-hatching-eggs-to-get-shiny-pokemon/

Author:   Newman_Vin
Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 11:27am (PST)
Subject:   Hatching eggs to get a Shiny pokemon
-------------------------------------------
Hello, I am trying to figure out the mechanics of egg hatching.

I know that a hatched poke's gender and nature are set from the moment your receive its egg. So no matter how many times you try to reset the hatching of that pokemon it will always turn out the same.

However I do not know whether its shininess is also set when you receive the egg.

Can I do the following? Or will the pokemon hatched always be the same no matter what?
My plan was to give a specific natured ditto(from my non-japanese game) an everstone, then breed it with a japanese pokemon that i want a shiny of. then once i get one egg, i would walk around until right before it hatches and save the game. the hatch it and check if it got the nature and ability that i wanted. If it did, and if it wasn't shiny, then i would like to be able to soft reset that egg until it winds up to be shiny.

Would i be able to do this? Or do i have to keep getting eggs from day care and keep hatching individual ones, waiting until i get a shiny.

I would much rather go through one egg 1300 something+ times because its much faster than have to individually walk and hatch 1300+ eggs. that would take forever. and join avenue hatchery doesnt help with the latter method either because it would leave everyone who tried it broke after a few eggs.

Thank you if you can confirm which is the right method to use.

Forgot to mention its White 2 version.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 12:24pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Hatching eggs to get a Shiny pokemon
which game are you talkinb about? so i can try to find the adecuate RNG mechanics

Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 12:58pm (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
which game are you talking about? so i can try to find the adequate RNG mechanics
i knew i forgot something, my bad. white 2 version. i was hoping that "join avenue" in my OP gave a hint as to what it was.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 2:41pm (PST)
quote Newman_Vin
quote Duncan Idaho
which game are you talking about? so i can try to find the adequate RNG mechanics
i knew i forgot something, my bad. white 2 version. i was hoping that "join avenue" in my OP gave a hint as to what it was.
All i can find atm is the masuda method on bulbapedia

smogon has a detailed method too

Author:   cyber
Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 3:01pm (PST)
shinies are always set. use tha masudo method

Date:   Nov 28, 12 at 3:01pm (PST)
thanks for the help. though it looks like i found the answer. everybody who has ever asked the same thing i did found out that just like natures and gender, shininess is fixed when you get the egg. so my option is to just hatch a whole bunch of different eggs.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.