Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Kanto - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/21237/t1773330-kanto/

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:17pm (PST)
Subject:   Kanto
-------------------------------------------
    I haven' seen a thread like this in awhile, if at all, so I thought i'd bring it up.

So you guys think that Nintendo will ever make yet another remake of the Generation I games? I know you're automatically going to dismiss this and probably say no, but if you think about it, it has been 8 years since the release of FR and LG, which is definitely a reasonable about of time. I honestly think it would be a pretty cool idea to remake the Kanto in updated (3)DS graphics, even if it isn't during this Generation. What do you guys think?

Author:   Kanon
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:19pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Kanto
quote Sigma
    I honestly think it would be a pretty cool idea to remake the Kanto in updated (3)DS graphics

You're in luck, we call it HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Author:   azavier
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:24pm (PST)
As much as I would like to see it updated some, I personally only see the remakes having happened due to the Gen 2 to Gen 3 move. You know, the whole "incompatibility" thing. Because Gens 1 and 2 were no longer compatible, they had to remake those games, in an attempt to save face when the people who had all those Pokemon waiting to transfer over to Gen 3, found out they could never do so. That all of their hard work, and countless hours of dedication was literally for nothing.

This what I think.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:24pm (PST)
quote Kanon
You're in luck, we call it HeartGold and SoulSilver.
    You know what I mean. Kanto as in Generation I games in updated graphics.

SigEdit:
quote azavier
As much as I would like to see it updated some, I personally only see the remakes having happened due to the Gen 2 to Gen 3 move. You know, the whole "incompatibility" thing. Because Gens 1 and 2 were no longer compatible, they had to remake those games, in an attempt to save face when the people who had all those Pokemon waiting to transfer over to Gen 3, found out they could never do so. That all of their hard work, and countless hours of dedication was literally for nothing.
    I definitely se what you mean. But also, if you think about it, although it will never be completely incompatible, sooner or later the GBA is going to become out of date, as well. =/

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:29pm (PST)
Hoenn first. I liek mudkipz.

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 6:27pm (PST)
Red 2 and Green 2 for Gen VI.

But really, I'd rather see Hoenn and a new region first.

Author:   PwnageMaster67
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 8:16pm (PST)
What I think:

1. Hoenn remake
2. New gen
3. Kanto remake
4. New gen
5. Sinnoh remake

Of course there would be spin offs and third versions between the releases of these.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 8:52pm (PST)
    I do agree with most ofthe people here, and I feel like Hoenn should DEFINITELY be remade first if anything. I was really just wondering if any of you guys believed that there would be a Gen I remake.

As a sidenote, if there was a remake of those games, the Sevii Islands better return. Justsayin'.

Author:   Kyle-Pokemon-Master
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 9:09pm (PST)
quote PwnageMaster67
What I think:

1. Hoenn remake
2. New gen
3. Kanto remake
4. New gen
5. Sinnoh remake

Of course there would be spin offs and third versions between the releases of these.

^Perfect^

Author:   Emberguard
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 9:31pm (PST)
quote Sigma
    . I was really just wondering if any of you guys believed that there would be a Gen I remake.

If Kanto becomes redundant from too many new regions, then they might leave it for a while, otherwise I would see no reason why wouldn't make a new one after remaking hoenn

Author:   Blue
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 12:40am (PST)
RBYGSCFRLGHGSS.

Already too much Kanto. If they ever do, it probably won't be for a very long time.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 12:47am (PST)
Kanto is fun and all, but it's appeared in every gen so far and personally I need a bit of a break from it.

Author:   supergoji18
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 8:20am (PST)
If they give some actual story to the game, I'd be all for it. Maybe a main plot involving Mew and Mewtwo, and a side mission sort of story involving the legendary Birds.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 8:33am (PST)
No more Kanto. Please.

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 8:33am (PST)
Only if there's something like the Sevii Islands or something to do post Elite 4. I agree with Hoenn needing to be remade first.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.