Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: First PS1 game - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/20/t1702642-first-ps1-game/

Author:   MsHarrierIIVSTOL
Date:   Dec 11, 11 at 10:30pm (PST)
Subject:   First PS1 game
-------------------------------------------
Hey, i'm not sure if people still visit the PS1 forum much but i was wonderen if any of you can still remember your VERY first PS1 game and whether or not you still have/play it? I remember mine was 'Fade to Black'. It was ok but i was never able to get through it. was too complicated Obviously i no longer hav it ;D

Author:   DQ Maniac
Date:   Dec 17, 11 at 10:51pm (PST)
Subject:   re: First PS1 game
Mine was Breath of Fire III, though I played it really late because I didn't buy a PSX until 2001.

Author:   izanagi_the_creator
Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 11:50pm (PST)
Mine was Final Fantasy VII and the graphics look awful to me..

Although FFVII is one of the most popular PS1 games, I don't like it all that much. Sorry..

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 4:48am (PST)
The graphics at the time were outstanding.

Being reminded, Fade to Black was definitely one of my first titles. I think alongside that was the original Tekken. Still have never got Devil Kazuya.

Author:   jammajup
Date:   Apr 30, 12 at 11:46am (PST)
Destruction Derby

Author:   mbdimalanta593
Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 4:32am (PST)
I couldn't recall what exactly is my first PSX tho it could either be Resident Evil 3 (totally scared on Nemesis) or Spyro (the dragon). It feels nostalgic thinking the old times.

Author:   sod
Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 1:50pm (PST)
First game I played

Tekken 2

Author:   Dramon Knight
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 11:44am (PST)
V-Rally, it was pretty fun. There was a button combination you could do at a loading screen that gave you a jeep and special level that was a hill at almost 90 degrees. I used to love it.

Author:   samantha wheldon
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 3:24pm (PST)
Subject:   help with ps1 game
dont no if any1 can help me but my dad has been tryin to remember playstation 1 game that on the cover there is just an austronaut( sorry bout spelling lol) suit and sum lockers, the game is about theres 200 planets and u travel to them all and mine sumthing from them, really appreciate it if any1 can help me

Author:   JacqueseVonRIP
Date:   Sep 04, 12 at 5:05am (PST)
Three games were my first games - Crash, Spyro, and Rayman. Not a bad starter pack at all, eh?

Author:   gobi1972
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 7:13pm (PST)
My first game I tried was FF7 but I didn't know how to play so give up. Actually, didn't want to try RPG at all after that. It was FF8 that changed my mind and the first game which I finished on PS1.

Author:   ResistanceFailure
Date:   Oct 30, 12 at 12:52am (PST)
quote gobi1972
My first game I tried was FF7 but I didn't know how to play so give up. Actually, didn't want to try RPG at all after that. It was FF8 that changed my mind and the first game which I finished on PS1.
The same thing happened with me and FF7.
I gave up on it after around 40 mins of playing and then a few weeks later a friend told me how awesome it was. so I gave it a second chance...it became one of my most favourite games.

Author:   gobi1972
Date:   Oct 31, 12 at 8:57pm (PST)
quote ResistanceFailure
The same thing happened with me and FF7.
I gave up on it after around 40 mins of playing and then a few weeks later a friend told me how awesome it was. so I gave it a second chance...it became one of my most favourite games.
FF8 World was very much like our own, so it was easy for me to get used to it. I learn things and how to configure the characters and the junction system quite easily from there.

FF7 World was a bit complicated, especially with the Materia System. It took me a while to get through it. Only thing which annoy me was that, it was hard to find a decent save point. In FF8, you can find a save point easily. Only place which I had problem was the Battleship Island where Bahamut and Eden was.

But FF7 gave me some of the most memorable moments ever. The feeling I had when watching the Sector 7 collapse, when first meeting Sephiroth in Kalm Flashback, learning about his background, putting together Cloud's cloudy past, Aeris's end, learning the truth in CD2 and the Eureka moment in the LifeStream when all the puzzle piece call together. It was a marvelous journey.

Best feeling I had in FF8 was the wild rushing of blood as the scene Squall watching the ships head toward the battlefield in Dollet (when he was a candidate). His strict but determined face, I loved it. I don't know why some people called him anti-social but I liked him from the beginning and found no flaws in his character.

Author:   spyro1432
Date:   Dec 11, 12 at 9:56am (PST)
my first psx game was spyro the dragon, and i still play it all the time

Author:   Feyrbrand
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 5:10am (PST)
My first PS1 game that I play on my own console is Resident Evil Gun Survivor, it is some kind of resident evil game but with first person shooter style. I play that because it comes as a bonus with the PS1 package.

My first PS1 game ever is something like town destroying game, I play a monster like godzilla that destroying the town. I play that on my friend's home without knowing the title.. xD

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.