Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Forums v1.9.0 Released - Quick Reply, Time Ago, New Communities Page and more - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2/t1946436-forums-v1-9-released-quick-reply-time-ago-new-communities-page-more/

Author:   Redemption
Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:27pm (PST)
Subject:   Forums v1.9.0 Released - Quick Reply, Time Ago, New Communities Page and more
-------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,

We're very pleased to announce a brand new forum update with some minor, but still exciting changes.

This update focuses on improving your day to day basic experience rather than huge changes in features. The most obvious change? We made "quick reply" much "quicker" - basically replies to PMs and threads no longer require a page refresh. We also introduced "time ago" dates to posts and PMs that were made in the past 2 days. Time ago is alot easier to digest because its really hard to remember that 9:30 was "30 minutes ago".

We also have an exciting new Communities list that is much more visual, a new Forum Directory

v1.9.0
+ Thread replies no longer require refresh of the page
+ PM replies in the full PM pages no longer require refresh of page
+ PM replies in the Userpanel no longer reload the entire PM thread, making for a more smooth, chat like experience.
+ Mobile mode also gets all these ajax reply features, which should make mobile mode easier to use.
+ Newly remade communities page, more graphical and easier to find the best communities. (Thanks to the G&A community for helping to make those nice covers)
+ Newly remade Forum Directory.
+ All post times for threads and PMs now use "time ago" for recently posted items.
+ "Yesterday" will show the time of posting as "Yesterday at _____" (added Dec 18th)

PMs become more "chatlike"

We hope you enjoy this update, I'm very excited about the quick reply and time ago myself and I am sure many of you will find them useful, especially for PMs which will now feel a lot more "chat like".

"time ago for guests"

One benefit to the "time ago" method for near term events is that "30 minutes ago" is "30 minutes ago" whether you are in the US or Australia, which is particularly useful for guests who can't change their timezone settings.

We'll soon unveil the new forum index page too, which is much more condensed and gives a better bird's eye view of the forums. It's also 50% faster to load .

Author:   Chekkaa
Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Forums v1.9.0 Released - Quick Reply, Time Ago, New Communities Page and more
I generally dislike "time ago" dates, but thank you for at least showing the full date when you hover over it. However, I certainly wouldn't object to a profile option to enable the full format.

The ability to quick reply without reloading the page is really slick, though. Good job.

Author:   kingy
Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:31pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Forums v1.9.0 Released - Quick Reply, Time Ago, New Communities Page and more
Woah, awesome!

Yeah me and Amy were wondering about the timestamp thing. Funny how this just popped up a minute later. xD

Author:   JoJodude88
Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:31pm (PST)
Yes I Love This Update

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:32pm (PST)
Such a shame that there isn't even a tenth of those 226 members of the Football Community still around. Update looks pretty decent however.

Author:   Chris
Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:33pm (PST)
Thought I was going mad when I saw the new time stamps and my quick replies updating without refreshing. Top job guys!

Author:   GameOver
Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:33pm (PST)
Neoseeker keeps getting better and better.
Thanks! Redemption.
(And the team that worked on it)

Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:34pm (PST)
quote shortman
Thought I was going mad when I saw the new time stamps and my quick replies updating without refreshing. Top job guys!
Same I Was Like Is This Account Correct???

LOL

Author:   Phexameta
Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:34pm (PST)
Timestamps and not having to refresh will take a little getting used to, but otherwise great update guys!

Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:36pm (PST)
quote Redemption
Hi everyone,

We're very pleased to announce a brand new forum update with some minor, but still exciting changes.

This update focuses on improving your day to day basic experience rather than huge changes in features. The most obvious change? We made "quick reply" much "quicker" - basically replies to PMs and threads no longer require a page refresh. We also introduced "time ago" dates to posts and PMs that were made in the past 2 days. Time ago is alot easier to digest because its really hard to remember that 9:30 was "30 minutes ago".

We also have an exciting new Communities list that is much more visual, a new Forum Directory

v1.9.0
+ Thread replies no longer require refresh of the page
+ PM replies in the full PM pages no longer require refresh of page
+ PM replies in the Userpanel no longer reload the entire PM thread, making for a more smooth, chat like experience.
+ Mobile mode also gets all these ajax reply features, which should make mobile mode easier to use.
+ Newly remade communities page, more graphical and easier to find the best communities. (Thanks to the G&A community for helping to make those nice covers)
+ Newly remade Forum Directory.
+ All post times for threads and PMs now use "time ago" for recently posted items.

PMs become more "chatlist"

We hope you enjoy this update, I'm very excited about the quick reply and time ago myself and I am sure many of you will find them useful, especially for PMs which will now feel a lot more "chat like".

We'll soon unveil the new forum index page too, which is much more condensed and gives a better bird's eye view of the forums. It's also 50% faster to load .

Sorry If This Is The wrong please to Post This But.....

Could You Add A "LIKE" Button To Posts???

Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:37pm (PST)
No, this isn't Facebook.

Author:   kingy
Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:38pm (PST)
quote JoJodude88
Could You Add A "LIKE" Button To Posts???
Unfortunately that request has been denied many times due to the high probability of it being abused, so no, I think we won't be seeing something like that in the near future.

Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:38pm (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
No, this isn't Facebook.
Hey,

Lots Of People Want It:

It Would Make It Nice

Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:39pm (PST)
quote JoJodude88
quote Liverpool_96
No, this isn't Facebook.
Hey,

Lots Of People Want It:

It Would Make It Nice
Your posts not being full of caps would be nice.

Date:   Dec 12, 13 at 1:39pm (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
quote JoJodude88
quote Liverpool_96
No, this isn't Facebook.
Hey,

Lots Of People Want It:

It Would Make It Nice
Your posts not being full of caps would be nice.
I Always Do It.....

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.