Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Winners picked - LETS GET MENTAL!!! - A Serious Sam HD Contest - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2/t1675721-winners-picked-lets-get-mental-serious-sam-hd-contest/

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Aug 31, 11 at 9:47pm (PST)
Subject:   Winners picked - LETS GET MENTAL!!! - A Serious Sam HD Contest
-------------------------------------------

Welcome everyone, today is a unique proposition for you all. As you may or may not know, Mental is on the verge of launching his latest attempt to take down Serious Sam in Serious Sam 3: BFE.

Let's face it, the horde hasn't done that great of a job so far. No really, I mean look at this... we're in the THIRD installment of this franchise and we haven't made a dent. The horde has the numbers, it has the size, it has the insanity and fearlessness. But it lacks something key. Today we'll change that by recruiting 5 lucky souls into the horde with a unique background. They'll get to relive our past mistakes as Serious Sam and study his exploits through the HD releases.

From there we'll chop off your head, strap some bombs to those hands of yours and send you as a leader into the fray to take down Sam once and for all!

Also for those 5 lucky souls, you'll also get a pre-order Steam discount on Serious Sam 3: BFE for owning these past tales.

(Note: This offer applies to everyone who owns a Serious Sam title and pre-orders BFE)

Prize Rules Users who do not adhere to the rules will be disqualified

How to Win Draw Date

September 12, 2011 at 4PM Pacific (GMT -08:00) Special Thanks:
Croteam and Stephanie Schopp for bringing us the goods before BFE arrives.

Author:   Danger
Date:   Aug 31, 11 at 10:32pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Winners picked - LETS GET MENTAL!!! - A Serious Sam HD Contest
So many competitions!

Can't think of anything in regards to the bonus replies but I don't want to miss out on the chance for a free copy of Serious Sam.

Author:   Zeta
Date:   Aug 31, 11 at 10:47pm (PST)
Count me in.

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Aug 31, 11 at 10:51pm (PST)
quote Danger
So many competitions!
We hate the fact that any of you might have free time or might have to replay a game you own, instead we're keeping you busy just as classes start up again so you can focus on what matters.

Author:   Nanosaur
Date:   Aug 31, 11 at 11:00pm (PST)
quote VeGiTAX2
quote Danger
So many competitions!
We hate the fact that any of you might have free time or might have to replay a game you own, instead we're keeping you busy just as classes start up again so you can focus on what matters.
Who needs a life anyway?

And I hope I win this

Author:   Geo
Date:   Sep 01, 11 at 12:03am (PST)
What are the chances of me winning this? xD

I will just keep right-clicking my mouse and obliterate the enemy, so count me in for this madness!

Author:   Dragoshi1
Date:   Sep 01, 11 at 12:18am (PST)
I want me some SS action!

Bonus: To improve, try strafing around massive groups of enemies while firing blindly. You don't need to be accurate during a massive wave of enemies. Also, once you have the cannonballs, clearing a large crowd is made easier.

Bonus x2: As a bomb wielding headless henchman, I'll scream out my favorite foods to inspire other fellow henchmen, like "BACOOOOOOOON!"

Bonus x3: Are you my father, Mental?

Author:   Deathman48
Date:   Sep 01, 11 at 12:19am (PST)
Count me in.

Bonus: Try playing more seriously.
Bonus x2: By shouting "be more serious" to my teammates.
Bonus x3: Why so serious?

Author:   Mouldy Cheese
Date:   Sep 01, 11 at 2:03am (PST)
Ohhh yes please! I've had this on my wishlist for a while so winning a copy would be awesome.

Bonus: We haven't beaten Serious Sam just yet, how can we improve?
My previous experience of Serious Sam is playing co-op with my brother. One of us would run in like a headless chicken firing wildly all over the place while the other played a little more defensively. Once the first player has met an untimely demise (usually coupled with raucous laughter!) and respawns the other player takes on the kamikaze approach.

Well..that's it in theory. In reality it was just the two of us running in screaming and shooting wildly. Of particular amusement were some bull-like creatures that charged at us. I can't really remember why that was so funny...but it's certainly a memorable moment.

To successfully play Serious Sam, ironically, the trick is to not be too serious about it!

Bonus: We (the Horde) haven't beaten Serious Sam just yet, how can we improve?
Through the strength of sheer numbers. He can't have enough bullets for everyone!

Bonus x2: As a bomb wielding headless henchman, how can you improve horde morale?
By using the power of guilt!
"Look, fellas, I'm going to run in and blow myself up so the least you could do is look fearsome and try and shoot that bloke"

Bonus x3: If you could ask Mental one question about all of this, what would it be?
What kind of gene splicing do you use? Because some of those alien dudes are just plain messed up!

Author:   Giga Bowser
Date:   Sep 01, 11 at 2:15am (PST)
This is a reply

Author:   ChiroVette
Date:   Sep 01, 11 at 2:57am (PST)
Wow this looks like a weirdly cool game and for some reason kind of makes me nostalgic for those OLD DOOM games from the Nineties.

Count me in, Vegirama!

Author:   Euphoric
Date:   Sep 01, 11 at 3:02am (PST)
I would a slice of this pie.

Author:   Mave Zero
Date:   Sep 01, 11 at 3:09am (PST)
I have no idea what Serious Sam is, but I would like to win a free Steam game since I currently have a limited account because I'm too cheap to buy a game.

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Sep 01, 11 at 3:10am (PST)
quote ChiroVette
Wow this looks like a weirdly cool game and for some reason kind of makes me nostalgic for those OLD DOOM games from the Nineties.

Count me in, Vegirama!
Was playing DOOM just yesterday.

Nice to see some Steam love at the moment.

To improve: Be the least serious possible and go into it for the fun.

Horde Moral: Inspire them by drawing a face on the bomb and placing it on top of my neck before giving them a fireworks display.

Mental question: Is that all?

Author:   jwhyrock
Date:   Sep 01, 11 at 3:30am (PST)
I want in!

Bonus: aiming helps

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.