Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [Winner picked!] PowerColor Radeon HD 6870 Costume Photo Contest! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2/t1588957-winner-picked-powercolor-radeon-hd-6870-costume-photo-contest/

Author:   Wolfwood
Date:   Oct 27, 10 at 9:58pm (PST)
Subject:   [Winner picked!] PowerColor Radeon HD 6870 Costume Photo Contest!
-------------------------------------------
To kick off the launch of the Powercolor HD 6870, we have a Halloween costume challenge for everyone here.

Winner!

Scott Heyboer - Scotthey (view winning entry here)

The Loot

Important

UPDATE 2010/11/2

How to Win

Reply here with your best Halloween costume picture including PowerColor in the photo between 10/27 and 11/5 to enter.

Draw Date

Winner will be announced on 11/8

PowerColor Logo

Doesn't have to be this big, feel free to resize to whatever size you want.

Author:   Guugley
Date:   Oct 27, 10 at 11:36pm (PST)
Subject:   re: [Winner picked!] PowerColor Radeon HD 6870 Costume Photo Contest!
Is the reason this is US-only due to shipping costs? If so, if the winner offered to pay for them personally could it be international?

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Oct 27, 10 at 11:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: [Winner picked!] PowerColor Radeon HD 6870 Costume Photo Contest!
PowerColor is sponsor of the event including the product and shipping, so the restriction is usually due to internal decisions or policy that they have to uphold.

Author:   BullFish
Date:   Oct 28, 10 at 12:21am (PST)
Well damn. I'll enter anyway, just because I want to show off my awesome costume.

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Oct 28, 10 at 12:30am (PST)
Will the winner be randomly drawn or will it be based on who has the best costume?

Author:   Jesus
Date:   Oct 28, 10 at 12:34am (PST)
quote Wolfwood
  • Only US residents may enter the contest

Damn geography. Got me again.

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Oct 28, 10 at 12:47am (PST)
quote The Slayer
Will the winner be randomly drawn or will it be based on who has the best costume?
Powercolor is making the decision, we pretty much have no idea. Given that it is a costume contest, I'm going to figure it'll come down to the costume itself and not just who posted randomly though.

Author:   Benedict
Date:   Oct 28, 10 at 10:33am (PST)
My Mom doesn't need to dress up to be scary. I'll just post a picture of her in her dressing gown at 2 in the morning.

Shame I'm UK. That is one sexy cool graphics card.

Author:   harisukro
Date:   Oct 29, 10 at 1:50am (PST)
Last year Halloween costume

Author:   evelynz8735
Date:   Oct 30, 10 at 4:21am (PST)
quote Guugley
Is the reason this is US-only due to shipping costs? If so, if the winner offered to pay for them personally could it be international?

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Author:   claycc
Date:   Oct 30, 10 at 12:50pm (PST)
here's a pic of my wife's cousin sporting his Incredibles constume

Author:   vois
Date:   Oct 30, 10 at 2:31pm (PST)
Even if I don't win the card, I still get to keep my girlfriend and her mom - and that's a winner, because they are great!

Author:   CDU_Above
Date:   Oct 30, 10 at 3:40pm (PST)

Author:   The Don
Date:   Oct 30, 10 at 6:19pm (PST)
wat?

I thought you had to incorporate the PowerColor logo in the photo itself. Any ole' buffoon can steal a picture off the internet and paste a PowerColor logo on it.

Author:   JMMD
Date:   Oct 30, 10 at 7:09pm (PST)
quote The Don
wat?

I thought you had to incorporate the PowerColor logo in the photo itself. Any ole' buffoon can steal a picture off the internet and paste a PowerColor logo on it.

That's how I read it as well. You'd need to print out the logo and hold it up in the photo.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.