Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: DURIEL ON SINGLE PLAYER! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/182/t382830-duriel-on-single-player/

Author:   Cool Guy
Date:   May 11, 04 at 4:36pm (PST)
Subject:   DURIEL ON SINGLE PLAYER!
-------------------------------------------
F*CK THIS GUY IS UNBEATABLE I'm A LEVEL 21 Necromqancer AND CAN HARDLY EVEN TOUCH THIS SON OF A BITCH HE HAS SO MUCH HEALTH AND SINCE I'M ON SINGLE PLAYER I CAN'T EVEN GET HELP I KNEW THEY WANTED TO MAKE THE GAME HARD BUT DURIEL TAKES THE F*CKING CAKE, WHY DID BLIZZARD MAKE SUCH A HARD BOSS, EVEN MY LV 31 BARB ON BATTLE NET PROBABLY COULDN'T BEAT THIS FAT UGLY DEMENTED SLUG!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry about that.

Author:   Duriel Hater
Date:   May 12, 04 at 7:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: DURIEL ON SINGLE PLAYER!
Trust me, I feel your pain.

Just look at my name.

Just look at the thread listed right before yours.

I don't even play anymore because of that sack of sh*t. Not because i'm a whiner/quitter, I just cant get to my corpse to retrieve my stuff and don't have enough money to get any new stuff, so rather than prolong the irritation, I simply invoked the quote of many great men:

F*ck it.

Moved on to starcraft, having much better time.

Date:   May 17, 04 at 9:19pm (PST)
I'm gonna go on battle.net with my barb who is now lv 45 and see if i can beat duriel normal mode. If i can't then that is just sad to make a boss so hard.

Author:   duriel is a crap@$$
Date:   May 20, 04 at 12:55am (PST)
i have a level 23 barb, and im having trouble with that !#%&&#$#$^#$^@#%%#$%^^ also. and i have a RUNEWORD sword (claymore) and his ass is still not whooped! what the f*ck is up with that gay fat@$$ anyway?
i thought of a cheap strategy, but im not sure if it works. u go there, and open a town portal ASAP. then, fight till ur dead (bring a merc also). then, resurect yo merc, and go trhough da portal, reclaim yo body and just repeat till duriel's dead. make sure 2 things happen
1. you have lots of gold to resurect yo merc
2. never go back in that portal to town, only from town to duriel

Author:   Unspoken
Date:   May 20, 04 at 8:30pm (PST)
There are two ways to resolve this

1 - keep in continuing on as you are doing now and complain

2 - take a deep breath, count to 10, realize its only a game, grab some cold resistance items, and try again.

Date:   Jun 09, 04 at 10:50pm (PST)
If only i could fight duriel with my b.net player, now hes lv 54, PAYBACK!!!

Author:   Edea65
Date:   Jul 12, 04 at 2:01pm (PST)
I've never used a necromancer but my brother beat duriel with his. What he did was he cast iron maiden on duriel and sent a clay golem at him. This both distracts duriel and it drains his health slowly. Don't bother with skeletons.

Author:   DOK
Date:   Jul 26, 04 at 3:34am (PST)
Duriel can be beaten.
Enter chamber and immediately open town portal.
Fight and exit at first sign of damage to your character.
Jump out of chamber through portal. Heal, repair and revive Mercenary or other companions if they need it.
Jump in, open portal, fight & exit.
Repeat until you wear the S.O.B. down.
This does work. Cold spells and weapons are good.

Author:   RPG_Juggernaut
Date:   Jul 26, 04 at 8:53pm (PST)
I just beat this guy he wasn't too bad. I'm using a Paladin this time around. All I did was open a portal, and beat on him til I aws about to die then went up healed and did all that stuff, repeated it til he was dead. Took me one try.

Author:   Lojik
Date:   Aug 04, 04 at 6:31pm (PST)
Basically make a Town Portal right before you enter Duriels chamber and every time you die, use the TP and make a new one. It's quite easy.

Author:   sclopper
Date:   Aug 05, 04 at 3:44am (PST)
for me i never really had trouble on single player defeating duriel all you have to has is some +run/walk shoes some ranged attacks and there you go.run then attack run attack run attack run attack run attack run attack Potions run run attack and keep on going some times it take a while but if your a sorc that has been lving up fire ball hes down in like 3 hits.But on mulitplayer mode i can never beat duriel for some reason i always die lag or no lag sorc or no sorc it sucks really

Author:   Everbreed666
Date:   Aug 12, 04 at 10:21pm (PST)
Holy crap , great now i know what i have to look forward
to in diablo 2 , once i get to that part.

Author:   blackomnimon
Date:   Aug 18, 04 at 4:25am (PST)
i beat duriel easily with my paladin and barb dont remember what level they were but i just filled up belt with health potions and kept on attacking it.

Author:   Remps12
Date:   Oct 11, 11 at 2:37pm (PST)
It's really easy as necro..... Take ur hireling and clay golem with you, when first entering open portal fOr emergency. Cast iron maiden or whatever the spell is called that they take 100% damage cast the everytime it runs out and when ur golem gets weak or dies quickly cast another golem so duriel just attacks him instead of you. In-between that u can cast ranged attacks but don't use all ur mana save for golems. Ur hireling will work on duriel while he hits ur golem. Takes awhile but really easy. Good luck!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.