Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Gym guys - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1961456-gym-guys/

Author:   Qirex
Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 6:39am (PST)
Subject:   Gym guys
-------------------------------------------
Okay, so I noticed something yesterday which got me a little annoyed, but then I found it quite funny.

Gym guys. You know the type, the guys in the gym that are trying to get as big as they possibly can, and try to be the most alpha alpha male you've ever ever seen in your life.
They shout abuse at anyone who doesn't go to the gym or anyone that they think 'acts' gay, and think they're the manliest guys on the planet.
Yet I see plenty of these guys rating other gym guys on their muscle, rating them out of ten, and even worse than this, calling them 'sexy beast' and things like that.

Has anyone else got any gripes with people being hypocritical like this?

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 6:46am (PST)
Subject:   re: Gym guys
It's called bromance. No-homo and all that.

They're mostly like that because they're afraid the gays want their asses...

Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 6:49am (PST)
not gay if you call it a brojob, right?

Author:   EvilTediz597
Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 6:49am (PST)
Try the gym guys who blast Metro Station and are like "Oh *bleep*in' sweet! This is my jam! Takes me back!"

Author:   Harvest Moon girl
Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 6:50am (PST)
Homophobes Gay? Study Ties Anti-Gay Outlook To Homosexuality, Authoritarian Parenting

What I love about homophobes is that they're often these overweight, unattractive guys. Yet they have this inexplicable fear that a gay guy will like/want to *bleep* him. Funny because I've yet to meet an unattractive gay guy while I can't say the same for heterosexual men. Yes, dude, someone like Matt Bomer totally wants to have his way with you.

Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 6:53am (PST)
quote EvilTediz597
Try the gym guys who blast Metro Station and are like "Oh *bleep*in' sweet! This is my jam! Takes me back!"
Wat
Does this actually happen?

Harvest Moon girl yeah I've noticed that, and most of the time homophobes tend to defend themselves so much when anyone even lightly jokes about them being gay, like MATE I AM NOT GAY, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, etc.

Author:   kingy
Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 8:00am (PST)
Not nearly as annoying as the guys who think guys always have to listen to music that's either aggressive or has a male voice singing or else you're girly. Freakin morons.

Author:   Aevers
Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 8:05am (PST)
quote Kingy
Not nearly as annoying as the guys who think guys always have to listen to music that's either aggressive or has a male voice singing or else you're girly. Freakin morons.
This right here?

This will make you into a real man.

Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 8:14am (PST)
Aevers that first song was nuts! It was like I was listening to female versions of Dragonforce, lol. Whatever guy thinks a song like that is girly needs to be shot.

Author:   Lazzara
Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 8:17am (PST)
contrary to popular opinion, most gym guys don't actually care about what others look like (unless you ask for opinions from them). obviously there are a few who think all mighty about bodybuilding, but it's a fairly small minority

quote Harvest Moon girl
Homophobes Gay? Study Ties Anti-Gay Outlook To Homosexuality, Authoritarian Parenting

What I love about homophobes is that they're often these overweight, unattractive guys. Yet they have this inexplicable fear that a gay guy will like/want to *bleep* him. Funny because I've yet to meet an unattractive gay guy while I can't say the same for heterosexual men. Yes, dude, someone like Matt Bomer totally wants to have his way with you.

doesn't seem like you know a lot of gay guys.

there's probably not a lot of unattractive gay guys, but if you go to your local gay rights support group, most gay guys pretty much come as the same package with heterosexual guys lol

Author:   EvilTediz597
Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 8:18am (PST)
quote Qirex
quote EvilTediz597
Wat
Does this actually happen?

Yup. Shake shake, shake shake, shake it.

Author:   Craigy Boy
Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 9:17am (PST)
I just don't understand the flamboyant gay act every gay man has. Perhaps i don't know enough gay folk, but the ones ive met are like that. Still love them though. Gay guys are hella funny. No homophob here. Still make gay jokes though..

Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 9:20am (PST)
quote Craigy Boy
I just don't understand the flamboyant gay act every gay man has. Perhaps i don't know enough gay folk, but the ones ive met are like that. Still love them though. Gay guys are hella funny. No homophob here. Still make gay jokes though..
Yeah same here. I don't mind them for the most part, but their attitudes can get pretty annoying. I know a few on campus and they act like they're better than everyone. I hope that's just a local thing.

Author:   Arjy
Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 9:28am (PST)
Weird, most if not all of the really muscly guys I know are really nice. And I find them far less judgemental than, say, all the grammar nazis and pseudo-intellectuals you find on internet forums. Ironic how many people criticize gym monkeys for judging others then come on the internet and lay into people who arent as aware of certain debate topics as others or misspell something (not referring to you Qirex but others definitely do it). Hell just a couple of weeks ago we had a many page thread judging some guy who wants to have a *bleep* buddy. When I used to post in all lowercase in IE, so many *bleep*wads debated my point by saying "youre debating me on X and you cant even use punctuation and have a GTA banner". If we're generalising, forum posters are 10x worse than gym monkeys.

Whenever I go to the gym the muscly guys are the nicest, and always ready to help my scrawny ass with lifting technique and recommendations, and thats the impression I have of them.

Author:   Craigy Boy
Date:   Jan 11, 14 at 9:36am (PST)
It'd be pretty interesting if they all acted the same way, kingy. Maybe all heterosexuals are the same but we just don't notice it. And all LBGT folk are thinking the same thing. Ha.

Everyone is different, though. I don't like putting people into categories. All gym guys do this, or i constantly see 'Metal heads are the nicest people ever' then a picture of a metal head giving chocolate to a child or some shit. Just, no. When people put themselves into a group they get so naive it actually annoys me and i have to turn off the internet.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.