Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Lo and behold, the new iPhone 5S... and 5C - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1896961-lo-behold-new-iphone-5s-5c/

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Aug 23, 13 at 12:17pm (PST)
Subject:   Lo and behold, the new iPhone 5S... and 5C
-------------------------------------------
Looks like we've got a real game changer, guys.

quote CNET
Leaked iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C pictures flood the Web
An early abundance of leaks shows us what Apple has planned weeks before it's expected to officially release new iPhones.

by Eric Mack | August 23, 2013 8:58 AM PDT
Source

This purported image of an iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C side-by-side is just one in a growing abundance of leaks.
(Credit: Sonny Dickson)

The normal hype and buildup ahead of a new iPhone release, which is typically punctuated by a painfully slow trickle of leaks that accelerate as Apple's big media event nears, seems to be reaching a crescendo a little early this time around.

We're still two and a half weeks off from Apple's expected unveiling of an iPhone 5S and lower-cost iPhone 5C -- Apple hasn't even confirmed the September 10 event -- and yet I'm already gasping for air amid a deluge of leaked pictures of both devices.

Many of the images come courtesy of one man, the increasingly prolific Apple leaker, Sonny Dickson. Based in Australia, it would seem that Dickson has some very helpful contacts in Apple's Asian supply chain. We used to see what Dickson got his hands on primarily through Twitter, but this year it's his Web site that has become the repository of iLeaks.

The above shot of the presumed champagne-colored iPhone 5S next to a light blue iPhone 5C comes from a single gallery posted Friday that gives us a good look at the new housing and a number of components. Dickson's site also houses more photos, videos, and "hands-on" content with several other iPhone parts and rear casings in a rainbow of colors.

Of course, what we've yet to see is a fully operational new iPhone 5S or iPhone 5C running iOS 7, so perhaps there's still some more exciting last-minute leaks to look forward to. Or, I suppose we could just wait and see what Apple has to say on September 10.
I'm not trying to make this an Apple-bashing thread, but c'mon... a watered-down iPhone targeted to those who can't/won't pay for the full product? Sheesh. How about not pricing iPhones so damn high?

And how about Apple eases it with installments that are hardly different than their predecessors and actually goes back to being the the innovational company it once was?

* This post coming from an Apple user

Author:   KalEEna
Date:   Aug 23, 13 at 12:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Lo and behold, the new iPhone 5S... and 5C
Apple is the Starbucks of the technology world. They aren't in the technology industry just like Starbucks isn't into selling coffee as much as they are marketing a brand and a status symbol.

Author:   tekmosis
Date:   Aug 23, 13 at 1:14pm (PST)
Not really sure how much a game changer this really is.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/08/20/this-chart-shows-how-far-behind-apple-is-in-the-global-phone-market/

Also, that 5c case looks super cheap. The glossy plastic just looks bad.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Aug 23, 13 at 1:34pm (PST)
quote KalEEna
Apple is the Starbucks of the technology world. They aren't in the technology industry just like Starbucks isn't into selling coffee as much as they are marketing a brand and a status symbol.
hey, if anyone wants to buy a product for nothing more than the status symbol, let them waste their money. at least they stimulate the economy. you and i can sit in the back and laugh at the poor schmucks, while we use our nokias.

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Aug 23, 13 at 1:37pm (PST)
quote hiigaran
quote KalEEna
hey, if anyone wants to buy a product for nothing more than the status symbol, let them waste their money. at least they stimulate the economy. you and i can sit in the back and laugh at the poor schmucks, while we use our nokias.

The iPhone (and just about every other supercharged smartphone) is a good tool, tbh. It's just that a startling large portion of its user base is composed of social network biddies.

Author:   Tay Rex
Date:   Aug 23, 13 at 1:43pm (PST)
'Champagne coloured'? Is that what we're calling grey now? *bleep*ing hell.

But yeah, I'm too poor to own a smartphone. I'm somewhat of an Apple hater, purely because itunes is god damn bad and my iPod crashes for no good reason on a regular basis because it finds opening safari difficult or something.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Aug 23, 13 at 1:48pm (PST)
Tay Rex: they use fancy words as a form of mind trickery.

quote Paranoid Android
quote hiigaran
quote KalEEna

The iPhone (and just about every other supercharged smartphone) is a good tool, tbh. It's just that a startling large portion of its user base is composed of social network biddies.
aye, i wont deny the usefulness of smartphones (even though i personally dont use them, and prefer a nice, cheap brickphone built like a tank, with plenty of battery life), but for the prices that apple sets...i dont know if i should shake my head in disappointment at apples business model, or at the fact that people actually buy their products. probably the latter, given apples success.

Author:   KalEEna
Date:   Aug 23, 13 at 2:00pm (PST)
Well I used my Nokia 6010 for a very long time, but I currently have the G2 (aka HTC Desire Z) with T-mobile. I picked it up shortly after they came out and I paid nothing for it after a rebate. I don't have anything against owning an expensive phone, but I don't understand the mentality that causes people to lose their mind just to have the newest model. The kind of people who wait in line overnight (or longer) just to get the newest model every time. Honestly the comic from The Oatmeal (here) nailed it perfectly. Just as bad are the parents that hand these pieces of technology to their kids who are clearly far too young and irresponsible to warrant having such a device.

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Aug 23, 13 at 2:03pm (PST)
I've never bought an Apple product for its full price. I bought a iPod Gen 5 for $30 (when they were $100+), an iTouch for $90 (when they were brand new), and a Mac Book for $300 when they were marketed at $1000.

Thank god for websites like craigslist where people think just because the item won't turn on or because a button is stuck, it's broken. xD

Author:   Official_GR7
Date:   Aug 25, 13 at 7:31pm (PST)
iPhone 9.1 out December 2020
iPhone 9.2 out January 2021 - ooo, with different colored casings! Even if you have the iPhone 9.1 - you must get this as it comes with the latest fashion accessory!
iPhone 9.3 out March 2021 - now with an even easier easy-break charger so you can spend even more ridiculous money on replacing it!
etc...

Hate Apple

Author:   imperialcereal
Date:   Aug 25, 13 at 8:22pm (PST)
Those pictures really get me excited, I mean look at how much cooler that looks from last generation

Author:   Scarchelli
Date:   Aug 25, 13 at 8:43pm (PST)
Android is superior. (Let the war commence.)

As much as I agree, buying something from Apple is really dumb, you are just paying for the name. But with phones it's different. I mean, Apple doesn't create the stupid high prices for phones. And it's either Apple or android, so someone going for the iphone isn't bad (I do like android better, but that's not the point) since they don't really have a lot of options, anyway.

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   Aug 26, 13 at 9:11am (PST)
quote Official_GR7
iPhone 9.1 out December 2020
iPhone 9.2 out January 2021 - ooo, with different colored casings! Even if you have the iPhone 9.1 - you must get this as it comes with the latest fashion accessory!
iPhone 9.3 out March 2021 - now with an even easier easy-break charger so you can spend even more ridiculous money on replacing it!
etc...

Hate Apple
Woah, lets not get crazy. 9.1 won't be out until the 50's.

Author:   Vell
Date:   Aug 27, 13 at 6:03am (PST)
Man, another one? They pump out new models like crazy. I just got my 4S like a year ago. Don't think I'll be getting a new one any time soon.

Author:   Tomski
Date:   Aug 27, 13 at 10:54pm (PST)
Hold on. Are people actually hating on Apple just because they're releasing another iPhone?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.