Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Did you guys know that Kim Jong Un is an awesome guy? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1836459-did-you-guys-know-that-kim-jong-un-an-awesome-guy/

Author:   Randome
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 10:40am (PST)
Subject:   Did you guys know that Kim Jong Un is an awesome guy?
-------------------------------------------
quote http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=9012049
March 1, 2013 (PYONGYANG, North Korea) -- Ending his unexpected round of basketball diplomacy in North Korea on Friday, ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman called leader Kim Jong Un an "awesome guy" and said his father and grandfather were "great leaders". At Pyongyang's Sunan airport on his way to Beijing, Rodman said it was "amazing" that the North Koreans were "so honest". He added that Kim Jong Il and Kim Il Sung, North Korea's founder, "were great leaders". "He's proud, his country likes him - not like him, love him, love him", Rodman said of Kim Jong Un. "Guess what, I love him. The guy's really awesome".

At Beijing's airport, Rodman pushed past waiting journalists without saying anything.

Rodman traveled to Pyongyang with three members of the professional Harlem Globetrotters basketball team, VICE correspondent Ryan Duffy and a production crew to shoot an episode on North Korea for a new weekly HBO series.

Kim, a diehard basketball fan, told the former Detroit Pistons and Chicago Bulls star that he hoped the visit would break the ice between the United States and North Korea, said Shane Smith, founder of the New York-based VICE media company. Dressed in a blue Mao suit, Kim laughed and slapped his hands on a table during the game at Jong Ju Yong Gymnasium as he sat nearly knee to knee with Rodman. Rodman, the man who once turned up in a wedding dress to promote his autobiography, wore a dark suit and dark sunglasses, but still had on his nose rings and other piercings. A can of Coca-Cola sat on the table before him in photos shared with AP by VICE.

Smith, after speaking to the VICE crew in Pyongyang, said Kim and Rodman "bonded" and chatted in English, though Kim primarily spoke in Korean through a translator. Thursday's game ended in a 110-110 tie, with two Americans playing on each team alongside North Koreans. After the game, Rodman addressed Kim in a speech before a crowd of tens of thousands of North Koreans and told him, "You have a friend for life", VICE spokesman Alex Detrick told AP. At an "epic feast" later, the leader plied the group with food and drinks and round after round of toasts were made, Duffy said in an email to AP. Duffy said he invited Kim to visit the United States, a proposal met with hearty laughter from the North Korean leader. Kim said he hoped sports exchanges would promote "mutual understanding between the people of the two countries", the official Korean Central News Agency said.
More sources: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Dennis%20Rodman%20Korea

Well if mr. Rodman said it, it must be true, right?

Author:   harbin
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 10:42am (PST)
Subject:   re: Did you guys know that Kim Jong Un is an awesome guy?
What? You mean, Kim Jong Un has made his first friend and all of a sudden isn't so ronery?

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 10:51am (PST)
DIS EXCERRENT NEWS FOR RERATIONSHIP!

Author:   tekmosis
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 11:18am (PST)
Rodman also insulted Psy

http://myq105.cbslocal.com/2013/02/28/dennis-rodman-insults-korean-rapper-psy-harlem-globetrotters-nba/

Author:   Eithne
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 11:20am (PST)
Well if he likes it so much he can stay... really.

Author:   Smell The Chiken
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 11:23am (PST)
Do people realize that Kim Jong Un is nothing like his father? He loves basketball, watches anime, and has an understanding of the Western culture. I don't find this creepy and legitimately believe this could be the spark to start a relationship between the two nations.

As long as the North Korean military doesn't bomb us out of the blue.

Author:   TurMoiL911
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 11:24am (PST)
A hundred dollars says Dennis Rodman just wants publicity.

Author:   Paradox
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 11:32am (PST)
I dunno if Kim is genuinely nice guy who actually wants to improve NK but can't due to the party behind him. I don't necessarily think that he has absolute power and rather the party just does.

Though this guy was apparently in NK and though he doesn't speak highly of it it's apparently 'better than the media makes it out to be' or something.

http://leonidpetrov.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/a-capitalist-in-north-korea-by-felix-abt/

Author:   person_47
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 11:33am (PST)
quote Smell The Chiken
Do people realize that Kim Jong Un is nothing like his father? He loves basketball, watches anime, and has an understanding of the Western culture. I don't find this creepy and legitimately believe this could be the spark to start a relationship between the two nations.

So because he likes basketball and anime he's not like his father? Fail.

Author:   AznLiquid
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 11:34am (PST)
quote Smell The Chiken

Kim Jong-Il had a huge collection of western films and music. That didn't make him any less of a lunatic. Kim Jong-Un is just as crazy, if not worse, than his father.

Author:   HunterKiller666
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 11:50am (PST)
Personally I'd be insulted if Dennis Rodman said I was awesome.

Author:   Randome
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 11:55am (PST)
quote AznLiquid
quote Smell The Chiken

Kim Jong-Il had a huge collection of western films and music. That didn't make him any less of a lunatic. Kim Jong-Un is just as crazy, if not worse, than his father.
Unlike his father, he's at least putting an actual effort into trying to achieve better relations. So far not very successfully, but give him some more time. He seems to have potential.

Author:   magsasaka
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 12:47pm (PST)
i dont believe this 'thing' happening in south korea is soley from the doing of their prime minister but it's from orders from elder milary heads
if people really wanted change, they could just go riot in numbers.. but obv they have tremendous fair on something far grater than the fear of being pointed at with a gun, which is being pointed at with several assault rifles while hung upside down i imagine

Author:   AznLiquid
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 2:25pm (PST)
quote Randome
quote AznLiquid
quote Smell The Chiken

Unlike his father, he's at least putting an actual effort into trying to achieve better relations. So far not very successfully, but give him some more time. He seems to have potential.
Yeah, nothing says "better relations" quite like releasing a video depicting an American city getting bombed by a North Korean space shuttle, and issuing a direct threat.

Shane Smith pretty much sums it up here:
“It’s weird because when you go there, it’s all very anti-American, North Korean kids are fed anti-American propaganda from pretty much the day they are born. But it’s O.K. to like American basketball.”

Kim Jong-Un is still very anti-west but he was given the opportunity to meet an ex-Bull, and accepted it. It's not like he's going start shutting down the country's nuclear weapons program and gulags any time soon.

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 4:16pm (PST)
Kim Jong Un, like the rest of those juche-heads, are master manipulators. Children grow upinto extreme propaganda to where it is natural for them to despise the west. I wouldn't think for a second that there's a drop of kindness in his heart. As a matter of fact, I'd say he's worse than his father.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.