Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 2007 Runescape Officially Coming Back This Friday! - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1830858-2007-runescape-officially-coming-back-this-friday/3.htm

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Feb 20, 13 at 7:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: 2007 Runescape Officially Coming Back This Friday!
-------------------------------------------
quote Paradox
quote Chaosfire
For those who played back in '07, what made this game so good?
07 wasn't the golden age, I think '04-'06 was. But I can't really describe it and that magic is gone.
Amen

I'll probably jump on sometime and get some nostalgia

god i better not join again

Author:   Dynamite
Date:   Feb 20, 13 at 8:30pm (PST)
Runescape has always been terrible regardless of what timeframe you capture. It's just an endless grind-fest built heavily on the Skinner box model which "rewards" players for doing the same stuff again... and again... and again... and again. It has virtually no play value from an actual fun perspective. That's why the member base tends to be really young prior to them discovering games that are actually good.

That said, RS does do some things right. For a solely browser-based game using Java, the graphics, presentation and content aren't too bad. I can appreciate what they've done from a technological perspective. They also kept their membership fees really low which directly appealed to their target audience of younger players who had a limited allowance. I see they've since raised it though and it's almost as much as World of Warcraft per month.... I don't really understand why people would pay what they're currently asking for it because it's not worth that money, imo. They seem to be clinging on to the dying MMO subscription model and are seemingly trying to milk every last cent from their remaining subscribers. Ho hum.

gl hf

This message was edited on 2013-02-20T20:51:36-08:00.

Author:   Ascii
Date:   Feb 20, 13 at 11:06pm (PST)
I have a pretty high leveled character on there, but I haven't played in so long that it will probably take me a while to remember its information. I may start again if this gets passed. I mainly just get on to use it like a chat room though.

Author:   Illiterate King
Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 12:28am (PST)
.....I wasn't even aware that people still played Runescape. I remember getting dragged into it in like '06 or '07. I got so bored so fast. >: Needless to say my time there ended rather quickly.

Author:   thewatermeloncult
Date:   Feb 21, 13 at 6:33pm (PST)
I tried the game a while ago and got bored after a few days. By the sounds of it people only find it fun because of nostalgia.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.