Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Civil war - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1828054-civil-war/

Author:   daniel the saiyan
Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:27pm (PST)
Subject:   The Civil war
-------------------------------------------
Who do you believe was RIGHT in the civil war?. I believe the confederacy was right AND I AM NOT A RACIST I HAVE MANY BLACK FRIENDS!. The north started the war and Lincoln had pretty much shat on the constitution breaking civil liberties etc and oppressing the south. Before you say the south is evil because of slavery slavery would have died away within a few years maybe 3-4 so it dosint matter theres also the fact most native americans and mexicans fought for the south against northern opression and many brave blacks fought for the south.

Author:   Sakuraba Neku
Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Civil war
Don't you mean the War of Northern Aggression?

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:29pm (PST)
How do I respond to this?
Uh... Let's go with the Union had every right to declare war? It was fighting for land. Expansionism. Imperialism. Not either of those because it was Union land to begin with.
Anyone who thought slavery was the cause of this war needs to re-learn history.

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:31pm (PST)

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:32pm (PST)
Was the North led by Communists?

Author:   Vast
Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:34pm (PST)
quote Sigma
Was the North led by Communists?
I love you, Brady.

Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:36pm (PST)
quote MegaBassMan
Uh... Let's go with the Union had every right to declare war? It was fighting for land. Expansionism. Imperialism. Not either of those because it was Union land to begin with.

Um.....lol your buying into yankee propoganda. The south had zero chance of getting in power or winning elections and were deprived of there freedoms. Theres also the fact the north had pushed HUGE tarrifs on the south which was killing there economy and making the people suffer. The south actiated in self defense and it WAS there land.

The whole south wanted freedom the north didint. They had no choice but to rebel and they were right.

And native americans who were beaten and attacked by the ruthless northerners. Thats why the native americans BRAVELY FOUGHT on the side of the south because they knew we were right which we are.

The south was right in the civil war period.

Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:38pm (PST)
quote daniel the saiyan
quote MegaBassMan

Um.....lol your buying into yankee propoganda. The south had zero chance of getting in power or winning elections and were deprived of there freedoms. Theres also the fact the north had pushed HUGE tarrifs on the south which was killing there economy and making the people suffer. The south actiated in self defense and it WAS there land.

The whole south wanted freedom the north didint. They had no choice but to rebel and they were right.

And native americans who were beaten and attacked by the ruthless northerners. Thats why the native americans BRAVELY FOUGHT on the side of the south because they knew we were right which we are.

The south was right in the civil war period.
Okay, south's land.
Now the North fights for more land. Expansionism. Where am I wrong in this?

Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:39pm (PST)
Lincoln was a tyrant. Suspending habus corpus attacking southern LANDS. Sherman a yankee general went into the south and KILLED THOUSANDS of innocent southern bystandereds,innocents,children and deprived thousands more of there property. Dont say im wrong because I have family who fought in the great war and they know like I know the truth.

Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:42pm (PST)
>Still haven't disproven why the North is correct in their actions as a nation
>North's attack justified
>GG

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:48pm (PST)
daniel the saiyan Dude... You realize you're arguing with Bass, right? That just means one thing. He WILL win. Because he's Bass.

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 8:49pm (PST)
>checks profile
>LA

Daniel the saiyan, where are you? I will track you down for making a bad name for my state. D:

Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 9:05pm (PST)
quote MegaBassMan
>GG

Clearly there actions were incorecct as they forced there brutal rule on the southern people. Also Lincoln violated civil liberties clearly NOT correct ether way you slice it. He also abused americas power turning use into a dictatorship.

You still havint proved why the south was wrong. Prove up.

Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 9:13pm (PST)
quote MegaBassMan
>GG

By your logic america was wrong because we rebeled against the UK same exact situation with the confederacy. Obviously they would attack but there still wrong.

Saying north=right is the same as saying britian=right

Author:   Corruption
Date:   Feb 07, 13 at 9:16pm (PST)
quote daniel the saiyan
Lincoln was a tyrant. Suspending habus corpus attacking southern LANDS. Sherman a yankee general went into the south and KILLED THOUSANDS of innocent southern bystandereds,innocents,children and deprived thousands more of there property. Dont say im wrong because I have family who fought in the great war and they know like I know the truth.
>Lincoln was not inaugurated as president until after seven states had already seceded, and war had already more or less started. And at that point, yeah, attacking southern lands became the point. It being a war and all.
>The Union did not start the war. The Confederacy struck first. Fort Sumter.
>The right of habeus corpus was not suspended until after the Civil War had already begun, and it was the better of the two options Lincoln had. The other option that his generals were trying to convince him to do was razing Baltimore.

GG.

As for who was right, legally, it was the North. The Confederate states tried to secede - basically stealing land from the Union - Congress deemed that illegal, the South tried to do it anyway. The North said no, also free your slaves plz, then the South said NO U, and then they started shooting each other.

Edit: And yes, legally, Britain had the right to challenge the colonys' attempts at independence for the same reason. Your point?

Morally, nobody was, but that's war for you.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.