Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Google Maps/Earth - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1823913-google-maps-earth/

Author:   The Blade Slade
Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 11:26pm (PST)
Subject:   Google Maps/Earth
-------------------------------------------
Have any of you ever been as lame as me and looked for yourself using Google Maps/Earth? And if so, have you found yourself? I found myself playing basketball in my parents drive way as the pictures are from mid 2008 around that area.

Author:   BeZ
Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 11:35pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Google Maps/Earth
I can see my car parked at work... That's as close as I got to being on street view

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 11:51pm (PST)
Nope. But found my gran standing at a bus stop.

One thing i did notice is that the google map pictures from my area are incredibly old.

Author:   person_47
Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 12:16am (PST)
For about three months I could see myself drunk on my balcony. It was great, I showed everyone.

Edit: it's weird that all your guys' pictures are old. They update pictures for me every few months.

Author:   Dreadlock Holiday
Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 12:20am (PST)
I have never managed to find myself on Google Maps yet, the images haven't been updated since about 2007, so I'm not sure whether I was interstate or not.

Author:   Ben73
Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 12:51am (PST)
Never found myself, but I found my dad and his neighbour attempting to break into my dads car out the front of his house. I probably should rip him off about that soon. Was funny.

Author:   Crate_o_Carling
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 7:23am (PST)
I haven't found myself, but on no less that 3 occasions have had a very boring and sad day using maps to go on a little journey. The most recent one was 'driving' into London. I had fun.

Author:   Ascii
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 11:17am (PST)
In my world geography class in high school all we did was look each other and everyone we knew up on Google Earth.

Author:   gibsongirl
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 1:49pm (PST)
Yeah I have. Last time I looked myself up it was a cloudy day and my neighbor had his boat parked in front of our house. I just checked it today and the picture is updated. My other neighbor is outside looking right at the camera looking really confused.

Author:   Giga Bowser
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 2:28pm (PST)
On Street View, I can see my birds in their birdcage, and I can see my cousin's mom mowing the lawn.

Google Earth, on the other hand, I'm absolutely addicted to. I love to track The Amazing Race on Google Earth, finding all the locations they visited.

Author:   Short Circuit
Date:   Feb 12, 13 at 4:23am (PST)
I don't really use google earth all that much, but I hate streetview. The interface is klunky and awful and hard to use, the thing takes forever to load, and the images are always blurry and never seem to have a shot that shows exactly what I want to see.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Feb 12, 13 at 4:32am (PST)
quote Short Circuit
I hate streetview. The interface is klunky and awful and hard to use, the thing takes forever to load, and the images are always blurry and never seem to have a shot that shows exactly what I want to see.
Damn right.

Author:   Ellipsis
Date:   Feb 12, 13 at 4:40am (PST)
For me, looking is pointless because I never leave the house unless I'm in a car. And my car looks exactly like every other car in the neighborhood. I'm rather a misery.

Author:   Short Circuit
Date:   Feb 12, 13 at 4:50am (PST)
quote Giga Bowser
On Street View, I can see my birds in their birdcage, and I can see my cousin's mom mowing the lawn.

Google Earth, on the other hand, I'm absolutely addicted to. I love to track The Amazing Race on Google Earth, finding all the locations they visited.
See, I really don't see the point to something like this. I think I'd find it incredibly boring and tedious.

How do you do it?

Author:   Emaster MK
Date:   Feb 12, 13 at 1:53pm (PST)
Third World Countries... nope, I can barely see my block.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.