Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Starting a P90X Challenge Group Next Monday (Feb 4th) - Any Takers? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1823731-starting-p90x-challenge-group-next-monday-feb-4th-any-takers/

Author:   Fifth Column
Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 2:17pm (PST)
Subject:   Starting a P90X Challenge Group Next Monday (Feb 4th) - Any Takers?
-------------------------------------------
Hey guys, I'll be starting a P90X Challenge Group next Monday (Feb 4th) and was seeing if anyone was interested in joining.

A challenge group is a group of people all going through the program at the same time. We'd start Day 1 together next Monday and finish the 90 day program in early May, keeping each other motivated along the way. I will be getting P90X Qualified in the meantime, which means I'll have a ton of information (including that this is my third run through) and will be doing everything I can to keep everyone on track, well informed, and motivated.

Normally Challenge Groups are done with an endless bombardment of plugs to other Beachbody products, but this is my first Challenge Group and am NOT looking to sell you anything ! I just want to do P90X again and don't want to do it alone, and would love to give back to the program that helped me turn my life around by helping others. Anyone interested? Reply below or shoot me a PM if you have any questions, thanks guys !

Note to mods: Yes, I already posted this in Health and Fitness, but considering the much larger audience here, I figured it was a good option. Hope it's ok with you guys.

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 3:07pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Starting a P90X Challenge Group Next Monday (Feb 4th) - Any Takers?
Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is 'P90X'? I'm intrigued.

Author:   Best Player Ever
Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 3:07pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Starting a P90X Challenge Group Next Monday (Feb 4th) - Any Takers?
quote walnuts
I'm pretty sure it's just a workout program.

Author:   Paradox
Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 3:22pm (PST)
quote Best Player Ever
quote walnuts
What's it aimed at? slimming down or bulking up? or just overall health?

Author:   Lazzara
Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 3:25pm (PST)
quote Paradox
quote Best Player Ever
quote walnuts
What's it aimed at? slimming down or bulking up? or just overall health?
slimming down

Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 3:26pm (PST)
Paradox all three honestly. I've lost weight, built muscle and got way healthier. It's not necessarily the best for serious bodybuilding, but it will definitely help you gain a lot of muscle as long as you have room to grow.

quote walnuts
P90X is a 90 day home workout program that combines a variety of workouts, including cardio, traditional weight lifting, yoga, resistance exercises, and kenpo (similar to kickboxing). It's used by people of all ages, from professional athletes to people who weigh over 400 pounds. The variety in each workout, simplicity to get started (all you need is a set of weights/resistance bands and a pull up bar) as well as the fun, "do what you can" philosophy behind the program has made it the most popular fitness program in America.

I've lost over fifty pounds through P90X and it changed my life completely. The meal plan involved is great to get you started eating healthier, and just embracing a more positive, active mentality. If you have any more questions feel free to fire away, I've had a lot of experience with it over the past year and I'm trying to give back to anyone else interested in making a real change or just getting in better shape.

Author:   Master Tenku
Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 3:58pm (PST)
Will you be posting what to do each day on the forum? How will this work?

Author:   TurMoiL911
Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 4:03pm (PST)
I still have P90X vidoes saved on my laptop somewhere, so I'd be willing to try this out. The only thing I was never able to dedicate myself to was the diet portion.

Date:   Jan 28, 13 at 4:26pm (PST)
Turmoil911 glad you're in ! I could never really stick to the diet plan myself honestly - while it is excellently done, I hate the idea of having all my meals planned out for me like that. I more or less have just always use the diet plan as guidelines and meal ideas, and just stayed pretty healthy too. I'd be so down with posting other healthy recipes in the group as well if people are interested.

quote Master Tenku
Will you be posting what to do each day on the forum? How will this work?
Most likely I'd be doing updates and discussion in the Health and Fitness forum since its the most relevant. But for steady communication and day to day progress, tips etc I'd set up a private group on Facebook.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 5:04am (PST)
fifthcolumn I'd be interested I think. Only issue is weights (would have to get some) and diet. If it's particularly expensive would have to give it a miss because I'm tight for money this month. I'll scout around for weights. Not buying a pull-up bar though.

Edit: £13 for a bar, is doable if needs be.

Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 8:45am (PST)
Celes Leonhart, great to hear you're interested ! The diet is something that can be followed loosely (as long as you're eating healthy), although personally I've found buying healthy groceries and cooking at home to be way cheaper than usual grocery shopping/paying for take out. I'll be updating the Facebook group later today with the cheapest options for weights/bands/pull up bars - I know Walmart.com sells a great little 40lb weight set for $20 which I use personally, and resistance bands are usually cheaper than weight sets if you want to go that route. There are modifications for using the weights or bands instead of a pull up bar and I'd be happy to post them in the group, although for the long run the bar is worth it.

I just created the P90X Challenge Group on Facebook, which everyone interested can check out here. It'll be left public for the next couple days so that everyone interested can check it out, so be sure to click Join Group on that page if you're interested in getting started. Let me know either on here or in the group if anyone has any more questions !

Author:   Triforce of Wisdom
Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 2:46pm (PST)
I probably won't be able to complete all the challenges because I can't do pullups anymore. When I was nine I tore my lat and any more than three pullups makes it burn and ache for days.

I'll give it a shot, though. See how far I make it, build some muscle.

Date:   Jan 29, 13 at 5:24pm (PST)
Triforce of Wisdom sounds great, glad to have you with us ! While pull ups are a big part of the Day 1 and Day 5 routines, I'd be happy to show you some modifications you can do that'll work the same muscle groups without straining your lats as much. Also, doing assisted pull ups (pull ups with one or two feet on a nearby chair) might work since they take the strain off your lats and make your legs do a lot more of the work. Either way, join the group here and I'll be happy to do whatever I can on my end to get you going.

Author:   Fortitudo
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 11:44pm (PST)
quote fifthcolumn
Paradox all three honestly. I've lost weight, built muscle and got way healthier. It's not necessarily the best for serious bodybuilding, but it will definitely help you gain a lot of muscle as long as you have room to grow.

quote walnuts
"do what you can" philosophy behind the program has made it the most popular fitness program in America.
It's not hard. Its probably the only fitness program in America with like 5 guys doing it because the rest are either: at home slouching on the sofa, at a mcdonalds, kfc, burger king etc, fighting in Afghanistan apparently for the war on terror but really just for oil.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.