Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: That Annoying Youtube Glitch - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1821295-that-annoying-youtube-glitch/

Author:   LeFoopJohnson
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 1:00pm (PST)
Subject:   That Annoying Youtube Glitch
-------------------------------------------
Anyone else get that stupid glitch where your video uploads maybe like 8 seconds of really glitchy pixels, no matter how many different formats and renderings you do to it? Cause I get it a lot

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 1:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: That Annoying Youtube Glitch
No.

Author:   SquallyBalambGirl
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 2:38pm (PST)
No, but sometimes when I upload a 4:3 video, the thumbnail gets the black bars at the left and right sides to fill up space. My other 4:3 videos don't get it though. Is there a trick to prevent that?

Author:   sneekyweezel
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 2:44pm (PST)
Can't say I have and I use Youtube alot, though one time while uploading Green Beret(Rush n Attack) I had to reupload the footage cauz it was all messed up! x]

Author:   Dreadlock Holiday
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 4:06pm (PST)
quote LeFoopJohnson
Anyone else get that stupid glitch where your video uploads maybe like 8 seconds of really glitchy pixels, no matter how many different formats and renderings you do to it? Cause I get it a lot
I have gotten this a few times. I usually get a completely green screen when watching certain videos, the screen will stay green, and the audio will come through. It doesn't happen all that often, but the first time it happen I got the Blue Screen, then my computer reset.

I thought for sure YouTube had murdered my laptop.

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 4:10pm (PST)
I'm pretty sure I've gotten once or twice in the past, but not recently.

Author:   John234MKWii
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 5:00pm (PST)
I don't even upload videos even though I have a YouTube account, so WTF am I posting this?

Author:   EvilTediz597
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 5:21pm (PST)
I get the glitch where youtube recommends I watch videos I've already seen. And disliked.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 5:22pm (PST)
quote EvilTediz597
I get the glitch where youtube recommends I watch videos I've already seen. And disliked.
That's not a glitch, that's companies paying google to force you to watch those vids so they can get more money through ads. Yup.

Author:   Ace3000
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 10:04pm (PST)
quote Dreadlock Holiday
I usually get a completely green screen when watching certain videos, the screen will stay green, and the audio will come through. It doesn't happen all that often, but the first time it happen I got the Blue Screen, then my computer reset.
Shit! When that happens to me, I usually have about 5+ Youtube videos open, and Flash just crashes. Or Firefox. But never my whole system.

Author:   Dreadlock Holiday
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 2:32am (PST)
I'm not sure what causes it Ace3000, but it only happens when I've watched a fair few videos, as you've said. YouTube is full of weird little glitches, pick your favorite.

Author:   Short Circuit
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 3:56am (PST)
My least favorite YouTube "features" are when a video pauses to buffer, then covertly decides to drop the quality down to the lowest setting.

Wait, no. My least favorite by far has to be the one where I'll pause a video to let it load, play it, then click back to rewatch a (loaded) section, and the player just dumps it all and reloads everything. WTF?

Does anyone know why this happens? It's the most hair-tearingly frustrating thing I've ever encountered on YouTube, and I'm on the verge of complaining about it.

Author:   Ace3000
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 5:40am (PST)
A wierd thing is that if you use keyboard shortcuts, specifically Left and Right to skip ahead or rewind back to a point, if you mash the left button too many times, the player decides it should loop to the end few seconds of the video and finish. Particularly annoying if you're watching a video in a playlist with autoplay on, because it will then load the next video.

Author:   Bruin
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 6:11am (PST)
Nope, never had that happen, and I upload videos fairly regularly.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.