original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1816513-at-again/2.htm

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 10:18pm (PST)
Subject:   re: At it again.
-------------------------------------------
quote Peutix
quote Paranoid Android
inb4 the radicals come charging in and start advocating the evilness of guns
Okay then, please tell us why taking away guns would not be a net benefit to society.
Same reason why "taking" drugs away has no net benefit to society. You know, its not like we border one of most corrupt countries in the world where anyone can fairly easily import guns to the gangs here who need them. Then they can be sold to people who want to use them. For about $100-$200 for a 9mm (which are easily the most prevalent in terms of homicide) And the country would still have a shit ton of gun violence and normal people wouldn't be able to defend themselves.

I really hope sheep don't think that the majority of gun violence is committed by people who legally acquire these weapons.

Here's some links to the benefits of guns

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=5450
http://nssf.org/impact/
http://www.nrafoundation.org/grants/statefund.asp
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/04/bruce-w-krafft/defensive-gun-uses-save-the-u-s-one-trillion-dollars-per-year/

About 2 million lives are saved per year by responsible gun carriers. About 10,000 are killed due to gun violence (mostly in urban areas where many of the people murdered are criminals themselves; like their lives matter). Hmmmmmmmm

There are many many reasons why gun violence is high in this country. Our poor regulations account for some, the size of the country is another, the poorly developed inner cities is large as well. But, no it must be solely because of how bad our laws are.

Its funny because I consider myself pretty fair when it comes to this issue. I don't want shit to stay the same. I DO want mental health tests, background checks and training for anyone buying a gun legally that people are forced to go through annually. That's my stance. But that isn't good enough for elitist europeans who selectively pick out their favorite arguments about the negatives of firearms and ignore anything beneficial

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 3:11am (PST)
quote Smell The Chiken
I personally don't see why anyone needs to have a gun. The whole "I'd use my gun to stop the gunman" doesn't hold up if the gunman doesn't have a gun.
I was quite anti-gun until recently.

I still am for my country. Very very few people even amongst high level organised crimes have guns in this country and almost all are illegal for normal citizens to own. There is no need for a firearm for home defense because a n indescribably small percentage of UK crime is firearm related.

However in the US even if they banned guns tomorow chances are most law abiding citizens would hand them in whereas criminals would keep them.

I dunno about any of you lot but i sure as hell would not want to be sorounded by heavily armed psycopaths whilst the decent innocent people in society have absolutely no immediate defence. Its all good and well saying "BAN GUNS" but does that mean criminals are juist going to go "....OK" with a big smile on their face and hand them over? LOL. Not very likely. They'd see it as open season for hunting civilians.

Ofcourse the alternative where no-one knows who has a gun is not ideal either. But its just not practical to pretend the US could get rid of its guns in a day. It would take many decades.

I dont think the US are necesarily making a mistake with legal firearms. But i do think they made a collosal mistake writing it into the constitution and leaving the ammendment so f***ing vague. Then again in the politics of the time i understand the reasoning behind it.

The truth is the situation is a mess and there is no easy sollution.

Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 10:22am (PST)
KR_1250 holy shit, a UKer that gets it. Snap a picture everyone, he is a rare breed.

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 10:33am (PST)
quote Paranoid Android
inb4 the radicals come charging in and start advocating the evilness of guns

Author:   Zero
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 10:39am (PST)
quote Ben73
Teacher shouldn't of talked to him. He should of had a gun to shoot him with fight fire with fire
Yeah and guess what, the results would have been a lot worse.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 10:46am (PST)
quote KR_1250
I dont think the US are necesarily making a mistake with legal firearms. But i do think they made a collosal mistake writing it into the constitution and leaving the ammendment so f***ing vague. Then again in the politics of the time i understand the reasoning behind it.

quote Ben73
Teacher shouldn't of talked to him. He should of had a gun to shoot him with fight fire with fire
You are assuming that the teacher would've been able to get the gun out of wherever it was stored (likely the desk, a holstered gun on a teach would be stupid) load it and aim at the gunman before the gunman already wielding a shotgun could actually get a shot off... the teacher would've got killed.

Author:   Ben73
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 3:57pm (PST)
By the way I was being sarcastic taking the mentality of a typical pro gun persons logic.

"too much gun violence around, let's solve it by giving more people guns".
I don't actually agree with that statement.

Author:   Dreadlock Holiday
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 5:40pm (PST)
quote Ben73
By the way I was being sarcastic taking the mentality of a typical pro gun persons logic.

"too much gun violence around, let's solve it by giving more people guns".
I don't actually agree with that statement.
I'm hearing you. Guns + Schools = No go.

I've never held a gun in my life, that being said, I hope to never hold one.

Author:   Ben73
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 6:29pm (PST)
I have no problem with guns. I have shot them before. I actually enjoy shooting targets.
But carrying one for self defense is unnecessary.

The only reason some Americans feel the need for guns as defense is because everyone else has one. If very limited people had guns then you wouldn't really need one.

Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 6:37pm (PST)
quote Ben73
The only reason some Americans feel the need for guns as defense is because everyone else has one. If very limited people had guns then you wouldn't really need one.
You realize how moot saying that is, right?

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 7:01pm (PST)
quote Ben73
That's untrue. Source of your information?

Author:   D I O S
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 7:11pm (PST)
quote Paranoid Android
quote Ben73
It's not untrue. It is moot, because you've gone too far as a country towards the route of most people having guns to ever have very limited people having guns. But it's not untrue.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 7:25pm (PST)
enforce bans on certain types of guns then, why the *bleep* does a hunter needs a semi auto rifle or even an assault rifle?, in my opinion in order to get to own a gun you should haveto get a state paid shrink to check your head in case of mental inestability, granted there are smart criminals that can fool a professional but on the other hand think of how this could disminish the gun murder rates, outlaws? try reading what sociology and criminology have to say on the matter!, prision doesnt works, rehab neither works, because most criminals well arent sick people, but folk that have been wrongly socialized, ok i'll stop here, if at least one person wants to know what i am speaking about send me a PM, not gonna bother to write four years of my studies so people can go pro rigth on me

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 7:52pm (PST)
quote D I O S
quote Paranoid Android
quote Ben73
It's not untrue. It is moot, because you've gone too far as a country towards the route of most people having guns to ever have very limited people having guns. But it's not untrue.
I can't exactly understand what you're saying. Syntax maybe?

If I read that correct, then my response is simple... you're saying that as if the vast majority of Americans own guns, presently or in the past. Either or is untrue.

quote Duncan Idaho
enforce bans on certain types of guns then, why the *bleep* does a hunter needs a semi auto rifle or even an assault rifle?, in my opinion in order to get to own a gun you should haveto get a state paid shrink to check your head in case of mental inestability, granted there are smart criminals that can fool a professional but on the other hand think of how this could disminish the gun murder rates, outlaws? try reading what sociology and criminology have to say on the matter!, prision doesnt works, rehab neither works, because most criminals well arent sick people, but folk that have been wrongly socialized, ok i'll stop here, if at least one person wants to know what i am speaking about send me a PM, not gonna bother to write four years of my studies so people can go pro rigth on me
Are you a hunter? If not then you should try hunting bison or bears with a standard handgun. See how successful you are.

Author:   kingy
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 7:59pm (PST)
The primary reason why people have been so into buying guns lately is people are preparing for some sort of catastrophic event. Like a food shortage or EMP strike or something. You've probably seen countless shows about it. People buy guns and ammo so when the raiders or whatever come, they have something to defend themselves with. This is happening mainly in the United States. (I don't know if it's going on in other countries). This is all ultimately brought by the current state of the United States' economy, the depletion of resources and the media blowing everything out of proportion. Chaos is on everyone's minds, from the business man, to the music artist, to the author, down to the mentally unstable kid who lives with his mom. And it's only going to get worse here on out. Just you wait.

Don't carry a gun in school. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep one at home locked away safely just in case.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.