Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: If Everyone had a Superpower.... - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1809069-if-everyone-had-superpower/

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 7:31pm (PST)
Subject:   If Everyone had a Superpower....
-------------------------------------------
What real-world applications do you think they'd be put to use for? Since everyone would have some type of superpower, it would pretty much be a prerequisite in many jobs to have a power that's useful in that industry.

IE: Super Strength would be handy in the demolition, building, and mining business. X-ray vision would be useful in bomb disposal, and for a doctor. Super Speed would be useful for a messenger.

Author:   Lin Keui Swampert
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 8:10pm (PST)
Subject:   re: If Everyone had a Superpower....
Technology really renders most superpowers unnecessary. We have machinery that can lift or demolish, we don't need super speed messengers with the Internet around, and for X-ray vision we have... X-rays. Having superpowers would just mean these machines wouldn't need to exist.

Plus, you have to remember that most superpowers, if they existed in real life, would kill us because of physics. There's a Cracked article about that, I think, I recommend looking it up and reading it.

Our ability to create technology is better than any superpower, honestly. Which is why Batman and Iron Man kick ass.

Author:   Horse
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 8:12pm (PST)
^^

Grinch

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 8:12pm (PST)
Crime of course.

Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 8:17pm (PST)
quote Horse
^^

Grinch
Me wearing a Grinch shirt right now has nothing to do with my post, and how did you know I was wearing it right now anyway, or that I even own one? I don't think I've ever mentioned it online.

If you're referring to breaking the forty-minute silence in Loungin' when I should be in bed waiting for Santa, he shouldn't even get close to this area for another half hour, so I can still be awake.

Author:   Horse
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 9:10pm (PST)
quote Lin Keui Swampert
quote Horse
^^

Grinch
Me wearing a Grinch shirt right now has nothing to do with my post, and how did you know I was wearing it right now anyway, or that I even own one? I don't think I've ever mentioned it online.

If you're referring to breaking the forty-minute silence in Loungin' when I should be in bed waiting for Santa, he shouldn't even get close to this area for another half hour, so I can still be awake.
I have a habit of sneaking over and watching you for hours while you edit wikis.

I had the place rigged to blow if Santa decided to break and enter. I would have enough reindeer to feed me for weeks and enough presents to entertain me for a reasonable amount of time.

Author:   TheBeardedMan
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 10:09pm (PST)
The world would just be a big version of Gotham City.

Author:   Emaster MK
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 10:35pm (PST)
I really like what Lin Keui Swampert said, very well said.

Also, if we all had Superpowers, it won't be considered a superpower anymore since everyone will be sporting some sort of power. Superpowers should be limited to a few, and only used for the purpose they were created in fiction.... Symbols, and Heroes.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 11:02pm (PST)
Invisibility could be used for stealth.

Author:   Cvardeman
Date:   Dec 25, 12 at 12:28am (PST)
To stop and start time, then I could do stuff at my own leisure.

And by doing so make all other powers useless, by stoping time.

ψ(`∇´)ψ

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Dec 25, 12 at 1:40am (PST)
quote Lin Keui Swampert
Plus, you have to remember that most superpowers, if they existed in real life, would kill us because of physics. There's a Cracked article about that, I think, I recommend looking it up and reading it.
Yes I'm well aware of that, don't be boring XD

I didn't have to read a cracked article to know that in any case (IE: Friction would cause a super speed person to set any clothes they wore on fire, or at least shred them. Of course, being a super speedy person, they could just run everywhere naked XD Of course, the power would blow up their knees and muscles in the first place.). Though I've read that Cracked article before no doubt XD Cracked is a site I visit daily.

Author:   AC Sephiroth
Date:   Dec 25, 12 at 6:57am (PST)
But obviously, you don't have superpowers because your body can't endure them. If your body was stronger for some reason, of course its capabilities would be less limited... although then there would be nothing supernatural in having lightning-fast reflexes and all that Albert Wesker stuff. Which leaves us with this:

Your body can't withstand using a superpower, because if it can, it is completely natural to you and therefore not a "super" power.

Date:   Dec 25, 12 at 8:42am (PST)
quote Horse
quote Lin Keui Swampert
quote Horse
^^

Grinch

I have a habit of sneaking over and watching you for hours while you edit wikis.
But I don't edit wikis. Do you have me confused with another?

Author:   Crate_o_Carling
Date:   Dec 25, 12 at 9:47am (PST)
The ability to fly, so I could shit off to another country whenever I felt like it.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Dec 25, 12 at 9:54am (PST)
I'll be generic and say I want the power to change superpower at will.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.