Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Trojan-horse therapy 'completely eliminates' prostate cancer in mice - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1807832-trojan-horse-therapy-completely-eliminates-prostate-cancer-in-mice/

Author:   harbin
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 5:14am (PST)
Subject:   Trojan-horse therapy 'completely eliminates' prostate cancer in mice
-------------------------------------------
Because people are making apocolypse jokes like there is no tomorrow, I thought I'll give us a fresh new topic.

An experimental "Trojan-horse" cancer therapy has completely eliminated prostate cancer in experiments on mice, according to UK researchers.

The team hid cancer killing viruses inside the immune system in order to sneak them into a tumour.

Once inside, a study in the journal Cancer Research showed, tens of thousands of viruses were released to kill the cancerous cells.

Experts labelled the study "exciting," but human tests are still needed.
SAUCE

Humanity goes one step closer to defeating cancer. It's been found to work in mice, so it still has a way to go but it seems that there might be a way to get the immune system to kill cancerous tumours.

What other great news have you seen but is swept under the radar because of some conspiracy shit.

Author:   advent kid
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 5:21am (PST)
Subject:   re: Trojan-horse therapy 'completely eliminates' prostate cancer in mice
I remember in the start of I Am Legend, they found the cure for cancer and it caused a zombie apocalypse.

Good news though.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 5:23am (PST)
Subject:   re: Trojan-horse therapy 'completely eliminates' prostate cancer in mice
I think you should put "prostate cancer" on the title in the thread title instead of just "Cancer" to avoid confusion. The general public doesn't know that there's more than just one "cancer", and that each and every single one of them has to be cured differently.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 5:26am (PST)
Well I just grabbed the headline from the BBC news site and they're known for misleading titles.

Author:   Pestar
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 5:26am (PST)
Subject:   re: Trojan-horse therapy 'completely eliminates' cancer in mice
quote advent kid
I remember in the start of I Am Legend, they found the cure for cancer and it caused a zombie apocalypse.

Good news though.
They weren't zombies though. They were Darkseekers.

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 5:52am (PST)
quote PEStar
quote advent kid

Good news though.
Actually your both wrong, they where vampires.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 6:19am (PST)
quote harbin
Well I just grabbed the headline from the BBC news site and they're known for misleading titles.
*facepalm*

Well, I didn't check the source so my bad. But it's sad that even news sites get this shit wrong.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 6:20am (PST)
quote PEStar
quote advent kid

Good news though.
is that what they call neoseekers after the apocalypse?

Author:   Ellipsis
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 7:38am (PST)
quote hiigaran
quote PEStar
quote advent kid

Good news though.
is that what they call neoseekers after the apocalypse?
If it's not, it *bleep*ing well should be.

Come forth, my fellow Darkseekers!

Author:   Pestar
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 7:42am (PST)
quote Ded Valve
quote PEStar
quote advent kid

Good news though.
...known as Darkseekers.

hiigaran yes.

Author:   Emaster MK
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 7:44am (PST)
The real deal is who gets to try these new treatments when they are finally ready to use on humans? Rich people? because I bet you with my grandfather's fortunes in Spain that this treatment is gonna be one hell of an expensive treatment.

Poor pauper people with cancer, they will never see that day.

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 7:45am (PST)
quote Ded Valve
quote PEStar
quote advent kid

Good news though.
Oh god, please tell me they weren't sparkly.

Author:   TheBeardedMan
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 8:49am (PST)
Human test subjects needed? Somebody get GLaDOS

Author:   Short Circuit
Date:   Dec 22, 12 at 12:40pm (PST)
This is amazing news. We're getting closer and closer to finding a cure for cancer, and as far as I'm concerned, any sort of alternate treatment is better than chemotherapy. Good stuff.

Author:   Ellipsis
Date:   Dec 22, 12 at 12:49pm (PST)
quote Short Circuit
This is amazing news. We're getting closer and closer to finding a cure for cancer, and as far as I'm concerned, any sort of alternate treatment is better than chemotherapy. Good stuff.
We may be close to curing prostate cancer but what about the other about about 200 kinds?

It's gonna take a while.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.