Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Mayan apocalypse: End of the world, or a new beginning? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1807437-mayan-apocalypse-end-of-world-new-beginning/

Author:   harbin
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 6:23am (PST)
Subject:   Mayan apocalypse: End of the world, or a new beginning?
-------------------------------------------
Yes it's another '2012 everyone = gonna die' thread. Deal with it.

SAUCE

One in 10 of us is said to be anxious that 21 December marks the end of the world. The Ancient Mayans predicted this doomsday, and the press is eating it up. But where are all the believers?

That the world will end in 2012 is the most widely-disseminated doomsday tale in human history, thanks to the internet, Hollywood and an ever-eager press corps.

Recent hurricanes, unrest in the Middle East, solar flares, mystery planets about to collide with us - all "proof" of what the ancient Mayans knew would come to pass on 21 December 2012.

According to a Reuters global poll, one in 10 of us is feeling some anxiety about this date.

Russians have been so worried that the Minister of Emergency Situations issued a denial that the world would end.

Authorities in the village of Bugarach in the South of France have barred access to a mountain where some believe a UFO will rescue them.

And survivalists in America - many of whom use the term "prepper" - have been busy preparing for all manner of cataclysm.
Are people really that stupid that governments have been forced to issue a statement telling everyone the world isn't going to end.

The article goes onto a bit about this idiot:

A survivalist prepper plays it safe
Robyn Peterson

Robyn Peterson lives in a small 1920s bungalow in a suburb of Denver, Colorado. On the inside it is no ordinary house. And she is no ordinary woman.

"When everyone else was playing with dolls, I was dreaming about my survival communities," says Peterson.

She bought the house for the thickness of the walls in the basement, where she stores a sizeable stash of dehydrated food, water, and medical supplies, and a handgun.

This is just one of four safe houses she has in Denver. She has also made her childhood dream a reality, having created a survival community in the Rocky Mountains of Southwestern Colorado.

The former ranch resort has log cabins, natural aquifers and room for up to 300 people.

Some of them, she says, paid $80 (£49) through a lottery system to gain a place. But she has also been selecting people based on skills they have to offer. She says doctors and electricians have been signing up.

The deadline for the community to be ready was 10 December. Peterson, however, does not think that 21 December is definitely doomsday. She also talks of March and April next year as times that could see destruction.
Why? Why do people even do this? Seriously if the world was gonna end, I doubt a house would survive just because it has thicker walls than the rest. She has four houses and plans to create a survivor colony. Why do people even bother living if all they do is expect the world to end and death to come sooner?

What is wrong with these *bleep*s?

Tl;dr: I hate society for being stupid.

Author:   Emaster MK
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 6:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: Mayan apocalypse: End of the world, or a new beginning?

Author:   jbh
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 6:37am (PST)
I feel as though all this has really brought Horse (<3) and I closer together, so in that sense I suppose you could call it a new beginning yes.

Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 6:38am (PST)
quote jbh
I feel as though all this has really brought Horse (<3) and I closer together, so in that sense I suppose you could call it a new beginning yes.
You know that type of thing is illegal outside Wales...

The wannabe country thats part of the UK, not that mess of a state you call New South Wales.

Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 6:44am (PST)
quote harbin
not that mess of a state you call New South Wales.
We were too busy mining resources for you lot to get a say on the name.

Also, you forgot New Zealand. The other popular origin for the stereotype of animal *bleep*ing.

PS: I'll let you in on a secret.

Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 6:47am (PST)
quote jbh
quote harbin
not that mess of a state you call New South Wales.
Horse is only part Horse, the part that matters if you catch my drift
What, the face? Tail? He has hooves? Big fat arse? Four legs? Or because he can do this:

Or do you mean he's part donkey or pony or something?

Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 6:51am (PST)
Definitely the fact that he can do this.

quote harbin

It really spices up our relationship.

Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 6:57am (PST)
You see Nuke77? That is how you use a horse picture properly.

quote jbh
Definitely the fact that he can do this.

quote harbin

It really spices up our relationship.
But surely those teeth can be a bit troublesome in the bedroom. Just hope he doesn't think it's a sausage roll.

Author:   Ellipsis
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 7:00am (PST)
Hm... I wonder when the Inca's calendar ends...

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 8:06am (PST)
We're all going to get Pokemon. FACT.

Author:   kingy
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 10:57am (PST)
I'm seeing it as a new beginning! (: My birthday is on the 22nd, and so I'm going to start my New Year's Resolution early that day. Leaving some habits behind, such as procrastinating important projects that I need to get going with in my life and putting my priorities in line. Bringing some mindsets back as well. I've been really good about that lately, but the 22nd will be like my "shit gets real" day.

Author:   Lone Warrior
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 1:21pm (PST)
Is this the official end of the world thread? We need to have one, report relevant facts from where we live.

Author:   pestar93820
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 1:27pm (PST)
Which implies Lone has seen something bad.

TELL US LONE :<

Author:   Jak66
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 1:32pm (PST)
I cannot be more excited about tomorrow just so people can finally stop talking about the world ending soon. Not to mention all these threads. -.-

Author:   Goonjimbo
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 1:36pm (PST)
quote Lone Warrior
Is this the official end of the world thread? We need to have one, report relevant facts from where we live.
I'm sure we already have a 'Where are you from?' thread. Surely all we need to do is add NOTHING'S HAPPENING IN ____ before every post?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.