Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Dear Google. - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1802392-dear-google/2.htm

Author:   EvilTediz597
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 12:09am (PST)
Subject:   re: Dear Google.
-------------------------------------------
Sitting next to me is a vacuum cleaner. Some of you may colloquially refer to it as a "hoover". What is so special about this thing is that you press a button, and it turns on. It serves its purpose simply and conveniently with one push of the button, located on the handle, and it's totally accessible.

Now imagine if the manufacturers decided to re-release the model with three more buttons, and to turn the hoover on, you must press all three buttons. Not only that, but there is also a clutch that you must shift into another gear. This does not change the performance of the vacuum cleaner, it's simply just more work for the consumer.

That's pretty much the analogy with these sorts of updates.

Author:   Pedigree
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 12:39am (PST)
This is basically everyone who bitches.

Author:   kingy
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 2:01am (PST)
quote Aurora
People moan whenever they change YouTube, whatever they change. Same for FB, and many other sites.

People just don't like changeā€¦ until after a week when they completely forget about it.

It gets boring, seriously. >__>
I've thought this every single time people have complained about YouTube until now. Now...the situation is different. The update is so confusing, switched around and suppressed that it annoys the living out of me. Before, I was a little annoyed how they tweaked certain things, but I was never this confused. I'll get used to it once YouTube gives me a 600 page guide explaining how to find everything.

Author:   TheButcher99999
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 2:08am (PST)
quote Axe
What was wrong with the old layout that made them change it? I have to click three times(pull up Youtube, go to subscriptions, hit upload only) to see videos from the people I'm subscribed to, as opposed to just one click before, which leads me to believe that they want more ad money.
Bookmark:
http://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions/u

You're welcome.

quote EvilTediz597
Sitting next to me is a vacuum cleaner. Some of you may colloquially refer to it as a "hoover". What is so special about this thing is that you press a button, and it turns on. It serves its purpose simply and conveniently with one push of the button, located on the handle, and it's totally accessible.

Now imagine if the manufacturers decided to re-release the model with three more buttons, and to turn the hoover on, you must press all three buttons. Not only that, but there is also a clutch that you must shift into another gear. This does not change the performance of the vacuum cleaner, it's simply just more work for the consumer.

That's pretty much the analogy with these sorts of updates.
That doesn't work though as the hoover has made the money from the sale, you didn't get it for free. Youtube makes money (well it doesn't) from adverts and featured videos so they need to throw them at you by doing this.

Now imagine your hoover, imagine it was given to you for free. Then the buttons were added, but now when you went go to the hoover you can't use it until it's told you to try using a broom or a brush first, the three buttons then make the hoover actually work, but not before it plays an advert for something completely unrelated to hoovering you can skip after 5 seconds.

Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 2:21am (PST)
quote TheButcher99999
That doesn't work though as the hoover has made the money from the sale, you didn't get it for free. Youtube makes money (well it doesn't) from adverts and featured videos so they need to throw them at you by doing this.

Now imagine your hoover, imagine it was given to you for free. Then the buttons were added, but now when you went go to the hoover you can't use it until it's told you to try using a broom or a brush first, the three buttons then make the hoover actually work, but not before it plays an advert for something completely unrelated to hoovering you can skip after 5 seconds.
The hell? When was I talking about money? The issue is accessibility.

Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 2:21am (PST)
In Google's eyes money>>>>>>> accessibility and the money they make is causing the accessibility issues, so they are one in the same.

Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 2:23am (PST)
quote TheButcher99999
In Google's eyes money>>>>>>> accessibility and the money they make is causing the accessibility issues, so they are one in the same.
Again, not what I'm talking about.

Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 2:24am (PST)
You are.

Author:   Short Circuit
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 3:49am (PST)
I'm kinda new to having a YouTube account... Help me out here guys. Do you receive a notification when stuff happens? Say, someone replies to my comment on a video, or a new video was added to my subscribed channel...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.