original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1802392-dear-google/

Author:   harbin
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 6:48am (PST)
Subject:   Dear Google.
-------------------------------------------
Dear Google.

Whatta *bleep* is this?

Stop ruining shit!

So Loungin, what other things do you feel has ruined by change?

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 6:56am (PST)
Subject:   re: Dear Google.
People moan whenever they change YouTube, whatever they change. Same for FB, and many other sites.

People just don't like changeā€¦ until after a week when they completely forget about it.

It gets boring, seriously. >__>

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 7:10am (PST)
I'm finding this new set up completely annoying. At first I thought the graphics card on my computer crashed.

Author:   John234MKWii
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 7:14pm (PST)
Af first I thought my eyes were playing up on me, but now, people are posting complaints. Stop changing the layout 3 times every month!

Author:   Zero
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 7:21pm (PST)
What's bad about it?

If they never changed their layout people would complain about it being outdated.

Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 7:50pm (PST)
quote Zero
What's bad about it?

If they never changed their layout people would complain about it being outdated.
Not too often, though. We're not even used to the new one and there's a new one already. If it was never changed, I'd have a problem with, though.

Author:   Axe
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 8:08pm (PST)
What was wrong with the old layout that made them change it? I have to click three times(pull up Youtube, go to subscriptions, hit upload only) to see videos from the people I'm subscribed to, as opposed to just one click before, which leads me to believe that they want more ad money.

Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 8:20pm (PST)
quote Axe
What was wrong with the old layout that made them change it? I have to click three times(pull up Youtube, go to subscriptions, hit upload only) to see videos from the people I'm subscribed to, as opposed to just one click before, which leads me to believe that they want more ad money.
Is it just for the sake of money? Oh, great, no wonder.

Author:   Wally
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 8:26pm (PST)
Hmm, has this taken affect in the US because I'm still seeing the old layout when I visit youtube.

Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 8:27pm (PST)
quote Wally
Hmm, has this taken affect in the US because I'm still seeing the old layout when I visit youtube.
What? Are you blind? I first saw the new layout yesterday and that's the last time I visited YouTube.

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 8:35pm (PST)
My gripes with this layout:

1) My old bookmark no longer works the way I want it too. I want my homepage to open up to see all the people I've subscribed too... not too old videos that are months old that you're recommending me.
2) I click on the person I'm subscribed too, and it opens up a new page.
3) Following the point on number 2 sometimes this doesn't work, and all I have is a white screen as if the webpage crashed.
4) There is literally like a good 1/4 of my screen that is empty. I'm assuming ads go there because I'm running adblock.
5) I don't think there's a quick way to get to my inbox anymore. Unless they have a notification somewhere that I'm missing. :/

Those are the only things I think would be a problem in my opinion. And those are largely just inconveniences. I like the filter subs thing on the left, and I find it incredibly helpful. It would be even better if it didn't have to reload a new page each time I clicked on someone. So confused by that. But other than that I like it, and I'll be used to it in a few months to the point I really won't care.

Author:   Wally
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 8:42pm (PST)
quote John234MKWii
What? Are you blind? I first saw the new layout yesterday and that's the last time I visited YouTube.
Oh I see my problem.
His screenshot is for someone that is signed out, I was signed in then signed out and I saw it.
I don't know, I don't really mind I just use youtube to watch videos.

Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 8:49pm (PST)
Same here, but I take good notice of the page layouts. It's like I'm on a different site when I'm actually on YouTube.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 10:20pm (PST)
It looks more outdated than the last design, if you ask me.

Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 10:21pm (PST)
Yeah, it looks like they've completely removed the black. The video screen looks different too. Saying this makes me hate the new design even more.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.