Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Idiots Teach Bitches To Drive - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1801995-idiots-teach-bitches-to-drive/

Author:   harbin
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 10:38am (PST)
Subject:   Idiots Teach Bitches To Drive
-------------------------------------------
A charity in New Zealand is teaching rescued dogs how to drive a car.

The canine driving school is aimed at proving how intelligent the animals can be.

Monty the giant schnauzer is among the novice drivers who have learned to control the brakes, gears and steering wheel.
Click Sauce for Video

So something that really irks me about this is that animal shelters appear to be teaching a dog to drive. No I'm not sure about you but assuming that a dog manages to pass the test (no idea on how it will do a theory) is the fact that for it to be able to drive, it needs insurance, taxing and whatnot. Now in the UK there is an issue surrounding young drivers regarding high costs of insurance and a prejudice against them; automatically being stereotyped as 'boy racers' (look it up if you don't know). Yet a dog is being given driving lessons in a car for free. For a young driver to actually get from a point where they are just a learner, to where they've got rid of their training wheels and on to a car, the cost would run into thousands. It is mostly the absurdity behind such a thing that annoys me.

So Loungin' two questions:

1) If you could have any animal drive you around town, what would it be?
2) Is this just a *bleep*-dumb stupid thing?

Author:   D Ray Silva
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 10:40am (PST)
Subject:   re: Idiots Teach Bitches To Drive

Author:   Cobalt
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 10:41am (PST)
This is pretty cool and idiotic at the same time.

I'd love for my dog to drive me somewhere so I didn't have to, but I don't see this as something that should happen. If I gotta go somewhere and I don't wanna drive, I invite my wife along. lol.

Author:   Master Tenku
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 11:52am (PST)
Sounds like you're just jealous that a dog is being taught to drive yet you have yet to start lessons. I felt the same way when I started driving because they price you out of it instead of making laws and passing legislation to limit you like other countries (notably ROI and Australia/New Zealand) and as a result there is no room for you to disagree or fight back.

The way I see it you have two choices: suck it up or move to a country which doesn't f**k over honest citizens on a daily basis (let me know if you find one, I'll be on the next plane)

Author:   Short Circuit
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 12:24pm (PST)
Why are they teaching the dogs to drive though?

Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 12:29pm (PST)
quote Short Circuit
Why are they teaching the dogs to drive though?
Apparently to show that dogs are intelligent and deserve a home.

One flaw in that logic, being able to drive doesn't prove intelligence.

Also cats have been doing this for years... here's one reaction:

Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 12:34pm (PST)
Teaching dogs to drive to prove some kind of point. What an excellent use of resources.

Dogs couldn't even operate a car. They can't turn the key, they can't reach the pedals, and the car would have to be fitted for them to operate, rendering their skills useless unless they were in the fitted car.

Author:   Wally
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 12:35pm (PST)
Where will they go? Grocery shopping at Petco?

Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 12:44pm (PST)
There's the potential that the dogs will drive everywhere instead of walking. They'd take the car to the park instead of walking, and hell, they might even tear around the park in the car instead of getting out and running around with the other dogs.

Walkies would become drivies! The park would become a racecar derby!

Author:   Ellipsis
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 1:28pm (PST)
I think you're overreacting. Relax, the world isn't just about people, we are all equal species. Just let people have fun and experiment with whatever they want to. I don't see why you're so stressed about this. Maybe you're just afraid of change or something.

Author:   Dynamite
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 1:33pm (PST)
quote harbin
So something that really irks me about this is that animal shelters appear to be teaching a dog to drive. No I'm not sure about you but assuming that a dog manages to pass the test (no idea on how it will do a theory) is the fact that for it to be able to drive, it needs insurance, taxing and whatnot. Now in the UK there is an issue surrounding young drivers regarding high costs of insurance and a prejudice against them; automatically being stereotyped as 'boy racers' (look it up if you don't know). Yet a dog is being given driving lessons in a car for free. For a young driver to actually get from a point where they are just a learner, to where they've got rid of their training wheels and on to a car, the cost would run into thousands. It is mostly the absurdity behind such a thing that annoys me.

Wait, you were kidding, right...

Author:   sneekyweezel
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 1:38pm (PST)

Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 1:58pm (PST)
quote Dynamite
quote harbin

Wait, you were kidding, right...
Kinda half and half. More of a rant over how silly the whole thing is. Perhaps could've worded the paragraph better but sometimes I like being vague.

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 6:29pm (PST)
I'll believe a dog can drive properly when I see it.

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Dec 06, 12 at 7:19pm (PST)
I really do approve of all these sneaky titles we've had recently. I thank Zeek for starting it up again.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.