Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Dear Youtube... - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1785754-dear-youtube/

Author:   The Don
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 6:55pm (PST)
Subject:   Dear Youtube...
-------------------------------------------
stop *bleep*ing around with the layout design. don't fix what ain't broke.

discuss

Author:   Lukas
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 6:58pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Dear Youtube...
b-but we gotta keep up with the times duuuuuuude
~Youtube

yeah this is a really *bleep*ing terrible layout. hurr let's promote our partners, *bleep* the little guy who might actually be entertaining!

"but you'll get used to it" - said the shitty devil's advocate who doesn't realize that you can get used to living in a urine soaked hellhole surviving on a diet of strictly shit. that doesn't make it good!

Author:   ditto
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 7:02pm (PST)
I feel I'm the only one on Earth that sorta likes the new layout. I hated the old updates, all of them, but this one brings in the forum-like comment section that I feel familiar with, and the way they have the playlists set up is much more preferable to that old bar of faggotry that showed up at the bottom of the page. I still miss the old registration process, but so far the new update is pretty fitting to me, maybe it's because I've gotten so used to youtube's shitty updates that they are actually starting to seem good.

All in all I'm feeling a strong 6 to a light 7 on this update.

Author:   PokeMasterStar100
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 7:02pm (PST)
Ugh. "Don't fix what ain't broke," GOD YOU ARE GOD TO ME.

Youtube was screwin' around out of boredom, that's my guess. That or they said "who gives a *bleep*, they'll get used to it." I still think it's a bad layout. -.-

Author:   thewatermeloncult
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 9:13pm (PST)
I can't even tell the difference

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 9:14pm (PST)
quote thewatermeloncult
I can't even tell the difference
^ That lol. I don't even see it.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 9:57pm (PST)
YouTube makes some of the worst changes. The new channel design that went live back in March is probably the worst channel design yet.

Author:   John234MKWii
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 9:59pm (PST)
I know right?...YouTube makes the most sudden and worst changes. Like when I'm listening to Condom Star, the things on the comments change.

Author:   Lazzara
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 10:07pm (PST)
the new layout fukin blows. i can't even see other videos uploaded by a channel

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 10:08pm (PST)
quote The Don
stop *bleep*ing around with the layout design. don't fix what ain't broke.

discuss

Mine keeps switching like a bitch. I don't care about the layout I just want it too stop switching.

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 10:19pm (PST)
Not happening for me as of yet.

Author:   canderson
Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 10:25pm (PST)
Geez, there's been multiple issues I've had with Youtube this year. Not just the new layout, but over half the time, I can't see in my subscriptions box whenever the people who I'm subscribed to has uploaded. Also, recently I was randomly unsubbed from about 10 people who I was subscribed to for no reason.

Date:   Nov 01, 12 at 10:32pm (PST)
Hey, you know the 3 years ago things under the comments which say how old the comments are? The Linked Comments thing is just dumb.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 3:09pm (PST)
Every time they change it, we rage and then get used to it. By the time we're comfortable and can't even remember how it used to be, they change the damned thing.

I do think this one is MUCH worse than the previous one. It's a pain in the ass for me to get to my inbox. It only gives me a main page notification if I have a message in my inbox, rather than a comment on one of my videos. So what do I have to do to check my comments?

Click My Name > View Channel > Video Manager > Inbox > Comments

or

Gear by my name in upper right > Inbox > Comments (that's the quickest I can get it)

No, that's totally not a pain in the ass is it?

There might be a faster method of checking, but not that I see. Even if there is a faster way of checking, the fact that it isn't apparent shows there is an obvious design flaw. Clicking on your name in the upper right just displays some account related stuff.

Also, anybody with a monitor wider than about 1280 pixels will have this HUGE blank spot on the right side of youtube. Clearly, this was designed with lower resolution displays in mind. I have a 1920x1080 display, pretty average and over half of the window (the right side) is blank, except of course for the bar on the top. It's very off putting, and text for menu options is smaller than it used to be too. What is the point of this?

Youtube likes changing for the sake of change...

Oh yeah, and every other video on my main page's feed is an advertisement for some other video I might watch. Going to see if I can disable that (recommendations setting, I assume).

Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 5:10pm (PST)
Yeah, why are there ads on random videos. By the time we get used to YouTube's sudden changes, they change it again. Please, YouTube, the change is too repetitive.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.