Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon Peta Edition - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1772696-pokemon-peta-edition/3.htm

Author:   Strawberryclock
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 9:54am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon Peta Edition
-------------------------------------------
I actually enjoyed it, but Oshawott was so OP.

Dude shreked ash in like two turns.

I think I enjoyed this for the wrong reasons, I found that it actually referenced things that happened in the games pretty well, and was overall so over the top (the bleeding trees were my favorite) that whoever made this for peta clearly had his tongue firmly in his cheek.

Author:   Kingy
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 11:03am (PST)
quote ssbmaster
I named the Tepig 'Bacon'.
Does that make me a bad person?
LOL

Author:   canderson
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:12pm (PST)
Are these guys still relevant today? I understand their ideals, but the way they go about it is very embarrassing.

The game is really bad btw.

Author:   Boo
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:19pm (PST)
LMAO

I saw this starting to pop up on Tumblr yesterday, some people are genuinely offended that Peta has dared question a childhood franchise.
Many pictures popping up about how Peta is quite obviously part of Team Plasma. XD

Though this Peta has a point with the enslavement thing, I don't think I ever thought about it like that as a child. I didn't think to cage my animals purely because I'd played Pokemon all my life. XD

Oh and they need to get their facts straight before they start mouthing off about how Ash doesn't care about Pikachu. There are hundreds of episodes specifically to prove otherwise.

Author:   Cheeseys
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:37pm (PST)
quote Boo
LMAO

I saw this starting to pop up on Tumblr yesterday, some people are genuinely offended that Peta has dared question a childhood franchise.
Many pictures popping up about how Peta is quite obviously part of Team Plasma. XD

Though this Peta has a point with the enslavement thing, I don't think I ever thought about it like that as a child. I didn't think to cage my animals purely because I'd played Pokemon all my life. XD

Oh and they need to get their facts straight before they start mouthing off about how Ash doesn't care about Pikachu. There are hundreds of episodes specifically to prove otherwise.
The Kanto Episode where Ash is fighting the electric gym, and his pikachu is too weak so he is offered to evolve it, and the episode where pikachu almost leaves to join the rest of the pikachus.. 2 off the top of my head, but both are amazing episodes where Ash treats Pikachu like an equal.

Author:   Smell The Chiken
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:56pm (PST)
Ash as some demented ring leader was awesomely bad. Somewhat funny, but awesomely bad. And it concerns me that they know the Slowpoke meme, the Diglett's nose thing, the ending to one of the games, but they don't know that Pikachu is never inside his Pokeball. All that research, never watched an episode.

Author:   HardcoreKidMemo
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 6:04pm (PST)
What a load of wank shite

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 2:54pm (PST)
brb guys, gonna go adopt a cat, teach it doubleslap, and find these mofos.

Author:   Chobi
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 3:46pm (PST)
PETA gives us vegans and vegetarians a bad name. They are hypocritical fanatics, and I really wish that people didn't think that we are like this awful group. :0/ I'm not offended because they are trash-talking Pokemon or whatever; I just hate that people judge us thanks to these guys. They don't even help animals like they claim to. Less than 1% of the money they raise goes to the animals -- basically all of it goes to their advertising. They also destroy most of the animals that they "rescue". Worst group ever.

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
quote Mom
PETA gives us vegans and vegetarians a bad name. They are hypocritical fanatics, and I really wish that people didn't think that we are like this awful group. :0/ I'm not offended because they are trash-talking Pokemon or whatever; I just hate that people judge us thanks to these guys. They don't even help animals like they claim to. Less than 1% of the money they raise goes to the animals -- basically all of it goes to their advertising. They also destroy most of the animals that they "rescue". Worst group ever.
Don't think anyone here will do that, if this was a religious extremist group then yeah, shit would be the case.

Tbh I doubt they're even into the animal rescue/abuse awareness anymore. They're just trying to be relevant by taking shots at the currently popular thing. It's like Hiphop actually, one guy's career is reaching it's end/album isn't selling and they usually take shots at the new sensation to cause a buzz.

I actually pity these fools.

Author:   Cirno
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 5:17pm (PST)
Not sure if anybody has mentioned this yet, but Pikachu told Ask that he didn't want to be locked up in a Poke ball. Have they even seen one episode of the cartoon/anime??? It's really hard to miss the giant electric mouse on Ash's shoulder. They did some research, but I think most of it was just from memes and yeah. :T

I liked the designs, though! The "educate" and "protest" moves were pretty cute, too!

Author:   Roy
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 6:00pm (PST)
What bothers me is that they waited this long to complain about something that probably has not intent of even promoting that. I think they are just doing this so they can get money from them by bitching about their own problems and views. People got opinions yes I know that, but it's the fact that Pokemon has been out for over 10 years and they pull this shit with them now. Get real PETA!

Author:   RaptorTEC
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 9:37pm (PST)
Meanwhile they kill thousands of animals every year. Disgusting.

Author:   GamerSky
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 9:49pm (PST)
When peta brought up the whole tanooki issue I was bit puzzled as to why they cared about that and not the repeated stomping on and throwing turtle (aka koopa troopas) shells, which has been going on in Mario games for a lot longer, and shooting fire at 'fish' like creatures.

This time when I heard about their beef with Pokemon I decided to stick it to Peta and went to KFC a few days later for lunch (would have went sooner but a few things got in the way). I told the story of what I read to a friend of mine while there and while he isn't a fan of Pokemon (or much video game wise these days) he did agree Peta has something stuck up their butts and they should actually focus on something where people will give a crap.

Out of curiosity I tried the game. After the first battle I stopped, it was just wrong.

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 10:08pm (PST)
quote RaptorTEC
Meanwhile they kill thousands of animals every year. Disgusting.
Yeah, which is why they are so hypocritical. It makes me wonder why Peta is still even around.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.