Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon Peta Edition - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1772696-pokemon-peta-edition/2.htm

Author:   ditto
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 6:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon Peta Edition
-------------------------------------------
FREE STUFF!
http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/swf/bonus-free-me.aspx (Video)
http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/swf/bonus-wallpaper.aspx (Wallpaper)
http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/swf/bonus-trading-cards.aspx (Cards)

Author:   Best Player Ever
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 7:34pm (PST)
Now we wait for their gigantic castle surrounding Japan that they've been building since RBY.

Author:   ssbmaster
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 8:31pm (PST)
I named the Tepig 'Bacon'.
Does that make me a bad person?

Author:   Janembuu
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 9:05pm (PST)
^
i lol'd.

but seriously, what a sad and desperate attempt to come back into the public eye. animal awareness my ass.

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 12:06am (PST)
quote ditto

man thanks i was having trouble protesting but i really wanted the wallpaper. ill edit when I set it as my background. I dont know how to change the background but i think that I need to learn how to hack my computer.

Author:   The Hazard
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 12:32am (PST)
There's dozens of animal cruelty issues going on in the world, and they choose to take aim for awareness at fictional creatures made for kids.

nga plz

Author:   Fyrestorm
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 12:52am (PST)
You know what? I support this.

I haven't even played it, and probably won't, but it makes a decent fundamental point (heck, it's one made in the first Pokémon movie), and looks reasonably entertaining and well-done. Arguably, what sucks the most wind out of the whole "like dog fighting" issue is that Pokémon face dangers and in some cases battle one another for survival in the wild and shock, burn et al one another there all of their own volition. All trainers do is take that situation and make it a matter of sport rather than one of survival, help the critters gain strength and confidence in themselves and provide prompt medical care when it's needed. Pokémon rarely get captured willingly, but they tend to form a bond with their trainers anyway, and the good ones at least would release them if they really were unhappy and not force them to battle under similar circumstances. That's my view, at least, but a lot of that is pretty subtle in comparison to how much the capturing/battling/breeding gets played up. So yeah, a point to you PETA, Pokémon can somewhat objectify its critters through bias of representation. I smile at your reasonably witty presentation of this, I'm not sure if I'm intended to do something more, but luls.

Author:   Horse
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 1:35am (PST)
quote Fyrestorm
You know what? I support this.

I haven't even played it, and probably won't, but it makes a decent fundamental point (heck, it's one made in the first Pokémon movie), and looks reasonably entertaining and well-done. Arguably, what sucks the most wind out of the whole "like dog fighting" issue is that Pokémon face dangers and in some cases battle one another for survival in the wild and shock, burn et al one another there all of their own volition. All trainers do is take that situation and make it a matter of sport rather than one of survival, help the critters gain strength and confidence in themselves and provide prompt medical care when it's needed. Pokémon rarely get captured willingly, but they tend to form a bond with their trainers anyway, and the good ones at least would release them if they really were unhappy and not force them to battle under similar circumstances. That's my view, at least, but a lot of that is pretty subtle in comparison to how much the capturing/battling/breeding gets played up. So yeah, a point to you PETA, Pokémon can somewhat objectify its critters through bias of representation. I smile at your reasonably witty presentation of this, I'm not sure if I'm intended to do something more, but luls.
It's funny because the antagonist of the first Pokemon Black/White was trying to 'liberate' Pokemon from their selfish trainers

Author:   Suzaku_Firebird
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:01am (PST)
.......I give up on humanity.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:12am (PST)
I am pretty ashamed of the human race right now.

What a waste of a planet. We deserve anhialation. Bring on the monolith.

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:20am (PST)
PETA's just a bunch of attention whore terrorists. People need to stop paying attention to them.

But if they were to ever drench either me or my woman in paint if either of us were wearing fur I'd *bleep* them up so much.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:23am (PST)
> In protest of Black and White 2
> Team Plasma aim to take over and free the world
> Pikachu holding an "I support team plasma sign"

PETA. Stop. Just stop trying.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:49am (PST)
Why is it that fanatical fundamentalists fail to realise that their intelectual extremism REDUCES public interest in their cause?

PETA are a complete joke.

Author:   bronze0800
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:56am (PST)
jus completed the game

it was really well made considering and it was funny defo better then MW3 anyway

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:59am (PST)
quote Eithne
I lol'd.
I mean does anyone take peta seriously anymore?
Nobody takes PETA seriously, not even PETA themselves it seems.

They're like an organization of trolls or something.

To be fair, this is their least stupid thing done in recent memory, which isn't saying much mind. The "Pokemon is basically *bleep* fighting with supernatural, sentient animals," point has been brought up before.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.