Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Neoseeker Interviews - Loki - Page 27 - page 26

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1313333-neoseeker-interviews-loki-page-27/26.htm

Author:   Superfast Oz
Date:   Mar 21, 09 at 12:57pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Neoseeker Interviews - Synik
-------------------------------------------
Hmm about 10 days too late apparently, but good interview Synik. One of the best ones yet.

Author:   Klope62
Date:   Mar 21, 09 at 5:38pm (PST)
The interview index is finally updated.

As well, I have notified everyone on the pending interview list who have been on there for a significant amount of time without sending in an interview. If you thought you were on that list and did not receive a PM, you can PM me the why can be investigated.

A new interview will be posted tonight.

Author:   Yoshi Egg
Date:   Mar 22, 09 at 3:35am (PST)
Subject:   re: Neoseeker Interviews - Loki - Page 27
quote Klope62
The interview index is finally updated.

As well, I have notified everyone on the pending interview list who have been on there for a significant amount of time without sending in an interview. If you thought you were on that list and did not receive a PM, you can PM me the why can be investigated.

A new interview will be posted tonight.
Hm, I really wonder who it is...

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Mar 22, 09 at 4:47am (PST)

Probably someone boring who has no chance to top the current interview.

Author:   Xaldin
Date:   Mar 22, 09 at 5:31am (PST)
There's a little error in the index. Vector is listed for two interviews but the second listing of his name goes to hell hawk's interview. So yeah, Vector #2 -> hell hawk.

Date:   Mar 22, 09 at 6:47am (PST)
^ Noted.

Since Neoseeker was down for the majority of the day today, I ended up getting caught up in others things and thus did not post tonight. I don't want to post this late either, and I'll be gone most of the day tomorrow, so..expect it tomorrow night now. Haha.

Author:   Whitefalcon
Date:   Mar 22, 09 at 10:19am (PST)
quote ZL
Just what I was thinking.

No offence to the next interview, of course. =)

Date:   Mar 22, 09 at 2:32pm (PST)
quote ZL
No, NOW IS THAT PERSON'S TIME TO SHOW HIS TRUE COLORS!!!!!!!!1111oneone

Author:   Loki
Date:   Mar 22, 09 at 6:19pm (PST)
How is Synik more popular than me? Because she's an admin for a Neoseeker chatroom? Atleast it was a nice interview. I'll ask this now: Am I interesting enough to be interviewed?

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Mar 22, 09 at 7:03pm (PST)

lol Loki.

Date:   Mar 22, 09 at 10:58pm (PST)
quote Loki
How is Synik more popular than me? Because she's an admin for a Neoseeker chatroom? Atleast it was a nice interview. I'll ask this now: Am I interesting enough to be interviewed?

I don't get it.

Author:   Aphex
Date:   Mar 22, 09 at 11:21pm (PST)
You wouldn't.

Date:   Mar 23, 09 at 2:28am (PST)

Loki

interviewed by: rockhole|The Hazard

rockhole:
Greetings Loungin', I am here to conduct an interview with Loki. The both of us appear to have had most of our recent activity localized in the Official Neoseeker IRC Chatroom, which is a definite sub-culture to the Neoseeker community all in its own. Good for us, yes, but this no doubt makes matters a bit mysterious for everyone else never to have ventured out of the forums for very long. In that case, who better for an interview?

Moving on.

So, Loki, a good first question asides from the typical a/s/l (still mandatory in this interview, mind you), would be your history on the site itself. If I'm to understand, you've had roughly four name changes since you began frequenting IRC, a few of which I know to have carried over to the forums. Maybe you want to overtake Mandos in official name changes, or maybe you are sympathetic to the finances of Neo Era. Either way, what various names have you been known as over the years here? And what were the reasons for all these changes?

Loki:
Er, I've had six different names on neoseeker: Jem, Kloi, Erection (Oz banned that one ), Spkl, llll, and this one. Neoseeker didn't actually profit at all off of me, I just created new accounts. I would just get tired of a name, and make a new one I liked.

Also, because you said a/s/l I figure I should go ahead and answer that too: 17, male, massachusetts.

rockhole:
I can only assume that Oz didn't want that Erection turning up in the wrong place (no anal), at the very least the issue seems to be resolved.

It's been a long time since I've been 17, what is it like being that old in Massachusetts? Do you have a paying occupation? Are there any special local nuances that could be noted in the state?

Loki:
Currently I do not have a job; I had an awesome one this summer working in the IT department of a college near here, but it was too far away to get there during the school year.
I'm currently making my way through school, and trying not to notice how boring and mundane it is. I don't think massachusetts has any real unique qualities to it asides from an overwhelmingly liberal skew.

rockhole:
So I take it that being in high school, you can't quite fit in a job? Or maybe you value your free time? And on the topic of your previous summer job, were the requirements for working at a school of higher education difficult to reach?

Loki:
I probably could find a job, but it would most likely be bagging groceries or whatnot, and I would be bored out of my mind. As for my summer job, it didn't really have any strenuous requirements seeing as it was an internship.

rockhole:
It's all experience I guess.

Moving onto IRC, how would you describe the appeal to that place? Why do you believe that you, myself, and others idle there for a large percentage of the day (mine not quite meeting 100% due to the usual connection trouble)?

Loki:
I'm not really sure what the general appeal is, but it is a nice laid back atmosphere, and once you get pass the hazing a nice group of people (with a few exceptions. Hi Jambo) I think the reason I go on irc so much is because you guys are like my only friends. Just kidding, I actually have a dog too.

rockhole:
Well, if your internet connection is anything like mine, it tends to disconnect now and then. What are some of your offline computer-related occupations?

Loki:
My internet connection is actually fairly stable, but nice try with the segue there. As for the actual question, I spend a good chunk of time playing video games, reading, and watching tv. This may not sound all that social, but I play MMO's and the friends in my head talk to me while I watch television or read.
Lately I have been playing a lot of indie games; they are usually more original than most and also on the cheap (or free) side.
In terms of tv I watch some science fiction and a good amount of odd comedy. (I'm going to see tim and eric live in january, should be pretty awesome.) My favorite shows are Monty python's flying circus, arrested development, and Neon Genesis evangelion (The psychosis makes me happy).
I read mostly science fiction and fantasy, and overall Isaac Asimov is my favorite author, followed closely by Frank Herbert.

Hazzy: Aren’t you the freshest? Heh. Well now I’ll be asking you the remaining questions, I hope you don’t mind. I’ll just place this recorder right here. Science-fiction books are nice indeed. And I hear often good things about Taxachusetts.

Tell us, how's your love life going? Got any belles in sight? Or already got one?

Loki: Don't badmouth Massachusetts, at least I don't live in Canada.

In terms of a love life, mine is fairly nonexistent. I could add more, but I think I will leave it at that.

Hazzy: "At least I don't"-- okay. okay. Aight. Wanna play this game.

Anyway, what about sports? What do you watch? What do you play? Any strong interests in sports at all?

Loki: Of course I insulted you back; you live with the mounties, which effectively limits any insult you make based on location.

As for the actual question, no on all counts. I have played sports before, but all of the organized sports at my school require more time than I am willing to give up. As for watching sports, I've never gotten the fun of watching other people play games and most sports are really slow, so watching them is not a frequent event for me. I will watch basketball on occasion, but that's about it.

Moderately irrelevant, but I am badass at ping pong.

Hazzy: Bitch.

Basketball on occasion, well I'm glad for that. Celtics been doing great last year.. those mother*bleep*ers.

Ping pong? What about tennis, no? Haha. What are you thinking about doing when you're older? Any profession in mind?

Loki: I'm thinking about something computery, but I don't have anything definite in mind. I'm starting to look at colleges, which is a real headache.

Hazzy: Sounds great. Least you got somewhat of a path. Tell me, what is your favorite video game?

Loki: My favorite game is probably N, because it is insanely pretty, and you get to be a god damn ninja. (N+ is the commercial version, the free one is for pc.) I don't necessarily consider it the best game, but I have logged an insane amount of time playing it. Nothing like 500 levels of mind numbingly difficult platforming. (In a good way.)

Hazzy: N. Sounds like a nifty title. So any anecdotes you feel like sharing to the Loungin' community, anything during your life which was an unusual or funny moment.. or depressing.

Loki: well one day I was running in the woods, and I had a cold, so my nose was kinda runny, which I thought was pretty funny, but itsnot.

I'm sorry, that was a horrible pun.

I don't have any awesomesauce stories, sorry to say.

Hazzy: What. Don't tell me you've had such a boring or mundane life so far, surely you must've done something!

Loki:

BURMA.

Hazzy: Lol. So how's the IRC community going? I haven't been there in ages, I'll have a look-see every two weeks or so. Any special moments in there you like to share? (And if you don't got any, I will stab you repeatedly.)

Loki:
The best thing recently is that Q22 went all pedo on a little girl in the chats. He says it was an accident, but I know better.

Hazzy: Favorite food?

Loki: I don't really have a single favorite food, but right now I'm really craving bibimbap.

Hazzy: Looks quite tasty. Hmm. What is your native origin?

Loki: European, various parts.

Hazzy: Can't be a bit more precise?

Loki: Mainly english and lithuanian jew, with a smattering of stuff i can't remember. seriously though, why are you asking?

Hazzy: Just gathering info, bruh.

So! We've heard your thoughts about IRC; let's move onto Loungin'. What are your thoughts on this forum, as you're quite the active poster in here as well? Any improvements you notice about it these days? Still a few issues?

Loki:
While the details change, loungin overall still seems essentially the same as always. Granted, there are definitely some differences, but nothing that redefines loungin as an entity.

Hazzy: mm. How about the Loungin' mods? Got a new few guys entering lately, what are your thoughts on the mods' job in general?

Loki:
They do a good job of retaining order without making any insanely restrictive rules or letting the power go to their heads. And on a personal level, none of them are arses, which is nice.

Hazzy: Ladies and gentlemen, if you see a mod edit tag at the end of this interview, well..

Hey, before we end this, favorite movie?

Loki: Probably blade runner, although that's not set in stone. The book that it's based on is pretty awesome too.

Hazzy: Cool stuff. So to end, any shout-outs you wanna hand out? I have an idea already, but...

Loki: First off to you and rockhole, for the interview. Also: Mojo, Flakes, Torm, Klope, M, Lone, ak, rh, aki, angyles, zesty, bee, PH, shinra, excalibur, catclone, UW and force (in no particular order) and to the people who I inevitably forgot to mention that I actually like.

Oh yeah, also people at IRP, they're kinda cool in a really gay way.

sorry for the abundance of names, but I had to include them all, for varying reasons.

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by Klope62 on Mar 22 2009.

Author:   Capn Droid
Date:   Mar 23, 09 at 2:38am (PST)
Sorry to say, Haz, but that was more mundane than when I interviewed Element. :<

Overall, a decent interview. Doesn't help it followed Jake's, I guess.

Author:   NSX
Date:   Mar 23, 09 at 3:21am (PST)
I was wondering why it was so damn short.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.