Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Palawan temple - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/178/t637552-palawan-temple/

Author:   bmm
Date:   Jan 23, 06 at 3:59pm (PST)
Subject:   Palawan temple
-------------------------------------------
I have one problem. When I reach the 7 level Palawan temple and when the level start there's movie. And just i think that everything is ok the movie stop and the game not respond and when i press Esc the game automatically quit... What should I do? Thanks in advance!

Author:   Bstyle
Date:   Mar 25, 06 at 10:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Palawan temple
Yeah I have the exact same problem.. can anyone help?

Author:   hazza3344
Date:   Jun 27, 07 at 2:08pm (PST)
i have this problem too and ive been trying to solve it for the past 2 hours!! ive tried loads of things but i just cant figure out how to make it work.

does anybody out there know how to fix this annoying bug!?

Author:   hazza3344
Date:   Jun 28, 07 at 7:46pm (PST)
i found a slight cure for this annoying bug. but, its only if your really lucky like me. i had to un install the game once but kept the save files of the game before it went funny at this level. i then realised i had those files and put them back into the right folder and bingo! ive avoided level 7 and now the rest of the levels work fine.

otherwise if u dont have the saved files allready...then sorry, there isnt much u can do

Author:   HylleZ
Date:   Mar 11, 08 at 8:42pm (PST)
I had the same problem. Try to use F10 and type 'fixme'. That solved at least my problem.

Author:   s.a.y
Date:   Feb 21, 09 at 5:20pm (PST)
Hello, I've got same problem...

I figured out, that it has something todo with TEM_IntroCut.cog script. When I comment out line 172 (SelectWeapon(player, 14), it won't fall down, but Indy won't move out of the hole...

Any suggestions...?

Author:   Zeitungsklopper
Date:   Mar 26, 09 at 6:11pm (PST)
I have the same problem. I always have this error:

Assert Handler

sithCogFunction.c(3211): (pThing->type== SITH_THING_PLAYER) II (pThing->type==SITH_THING_ACTOR)

Now I found that on Google: http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=128031&tstart=225

Problem is: I have Vista and there is no file named "TEM_IntroCut.cog.

Author:   kalam
Date:   Apr 30, 09 at 6:47am (PST)
[quote=HylleZ|message:18970588]
I had the same problem. Try to use F10 and type 'fixme'. but i luck is not like yours. so please any one can send me the saved games of the 7th and also the 8th level to my email address: kamal2w@yahoo.com

Author:   Doogie Boy
Date:   Dec 16, 09 at 3:09pm (PST)
Vista user here as well and like most of you I did not have the tem cog file so if somebody could please email me one saved game after the temple intro movie I would be very appreciative.

Author:   Doogie Boy
Date:   Dec 16, 09 at 3:11pm (PST)
sry my email addy is doogieboy4u@yahoo.com

Author:   Snorre J
Date:   Jan 01, 10 at 5:06pm (PST)
You should also try running the Windows Media Player while playing the game. For some how reason it may affect the bug so that the game runs smoothly again
It worked for me a couple of times (beginning of Shambal, Palawan etc)

Author:   Synchronizer
Date:   Jan 07, 10 at 4:33am (PST)
Hi, I have a not so perfect fix, but it works. I edited the TEM_IntroCut.cog file until I got control of indy. Thanks to user s.a.y who posted here for pointing out that file to me! I tried to copy and past my edited version but I went over the 52 character posting limit. I've sent users Doogie Boy and kalam the file fix. Post your emails and I will try to check back to send it again. Note, I've uninstalled the game(along with the savegames) so I can't really remember what to do, its not perfect, but you should be in control of indy after the cutscene(the cutscene goes crazy a little from modifying the file). Hope I can help...

Author:   Synchronizer
Date:   Jan 07, 10 at 11:06am (PST)
Update: I found my saved game files and reinstalled the game. I reloaded Palawan Temple. With the modifications I made to the TEM_IntroCut.cog file, the cutscene starts as normal, then the cutscene freaks a little(but not bad). Then indy says something and your still in the hole, but you can jump out and carry on...

The file should be located in this path on your hard drive,

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\The Infernal Machine\Resource\Cog

Again, I need your email so I can send it to you. Unless you know a way I can upload the file.

Synchronizer...

Author:   BenJPas
Date:   Feb 16, 10 at 5:50am (PST)
Subject:   Palawan Temple
My e-mail is BenJPas@cox.net. I have been fiddling with this code for hours. If you happen to check this, I would LOVE to be e-mailed the fix.

Author:   Best Clone
Date:   Mar 02, 10 at 10:40am (PST)
my email is Best_clone@hotmail.com please send me the fix as fast as you can

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.