Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Good Build? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1847953-good-build/

Author:   XboxOmac
Date:   Mar 31, 13 at 6:39pm (PST)
Subject:   Good Build?
-------------------------------------------
I recently asked for a build, though, I think it got lost in the pages or something. Lol.

Other than that, I simply wanted to confirm with others if this will be a good build. My dad will help a bit with some of the funds, but wants to make sure this is the computer I want.

Typically, the build I'm looking for it to handle a high quality gaming (if it's possible). Skyrim, Call of Duty, etc. Don't want it to be flashy or pricey, just want it to run well for these kind of games.

If there's any suggestions where I can save money or pretty much pay for the same price for a better product, etc, then please feel free to do so! I'm trying to keep it around the same price range.

Author:   Pokenerd15
Date:   Mar 31, 13 at 7:12pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Good Build?
Are you forgetting a CPU cooler? Also, do you need an optical drive? Should probably add one if going to play games. Unless your doing it by download.

Author:   thezobot1
Date:   Mar 31, 13 at 7:30pm (PST)
Yeah your build looks pretty good to me. But you should consider switching the graphics card our for something like MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
It is slightly cheaper but moe importantly is is 20-30 % more powerful than your current card of choice.
Though 8 core CPU's seem really awesome, the reality is far from that. If you are spending so much money on a processor you may as well go with the Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (if you do decide to switch then you will have to change your motherboard too)
You wont have to think about upgrading the CPU for long.
Have you thought about a CPU Cooler/Fan?

Author:   PureOCJim
Date:   Mar 31, 13 at 10:18pm (PST)
quote Pokenerd15
Are you forgetting a CPU cooler? Also, do you need an optical drive? Should probably add one if going to play games. Unless your doing it by download.
CPU's come with stock coolers.

Author:   XboxOmac
Date:   Apr 01, 13 at 6:48am (PST)
quote Pokenerd15
CPU's have stock coolers. I'm not overclocking, so I feel that is fine.

Yes, I'm a Steam user. Downloads for me.

quote thezobot1
Yeah your build looks pretty good to me. But you should consider switching the graphics card our for something like MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
It is slightly cheaper but moe importantly is is 20-30 % more powerful than your current card of choice.
Though 8 core CPU's seem really awesome, the reality is far from that. If you are spending so much money on a processor you may as well go with the Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (if you do decide to switch then you will have to change your motherboard too)
You wont have to think about upgrading the CPU for long.
Have you thought about a CPU Cooler/Fan?
Well, ok, then what Motherboard is good? Something that won't go over my current total if possible. The only reason I got that is because of the CPU and motherboard combo.
I'll be taking a look at that graphics card.

Author:   Cosmetique pk
Date:   Apr 03, 13 at 5:33am (PST)
Hi Good Build,
I am new come here.so i feel happy to stay here...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.