Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: $550 gaming computer build help. Please provide links for the parts. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1770263-550-gaming-computer-build-help-please-provide-links-for-parts/

Author:   TheAnswerer
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 5:02pm (PST)
Subject:   $550 gaming computer build help. Please provide links for the parts.
-------------------------------------------
I would like to know the best possible gaming computer build I could get for $550 or under. (can go a little bit over) I am looking for something that I won't have to upgrade for a long time, and can run Team Fortress 2 flawlessly, no matter how crazy the rounds get. I don't know much about computers. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Author:   Crusad3r
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 6:13am (PST)
Subject:   re: $550 gaming computer build help. Please provide links for the parts.
Which country are you from TheAnswerer? Most countries have their own hardware resellers so it's kind of hard to link parts without knowing where you're from.

You won't need much of a computer to play TF2 though. Your nearest electronics store can sell you a laptop that can run TF2 flawlessly for around $600. Just make sure it has a dedicated graphics card.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 7:36am (PST)
Subject:   re: $550 gaming computer build help. Please provide links for the parts.
are you looking to build, or to buy a computer, though? you can get it better if you build it, and for that price, you can get a pretty decent rig of high quality.

Author:   TheAnswerer
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 8:18pm (PST)
quote hiigaran
are you looking to build, or to buy a computer, though? you can get it better if you build it, and for that price, you can get a pretty decent rig of high quality.
I didn't know I could find a high quality pre-built computer for $550-600. Thanks for telling me. That will be much, much easier.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:16am (PST)
i was talking about self-built computers, not pre-built ones. a prebuilt of the same quality and performance would likely cost a couple hundred extra.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.