Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Please Help, I can't type without interruptions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1770189-please-help-type-without-interruptions/

Author:   niallallator
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 11:45am (PST)
Subject:   Please Help, I can't type without interruptions
-------------------------------------------
Hi I was hoping that someone could help me with this problem on my laptop.

Whenever I am doing something like browsing the net or typing in a word doc my laptop exits out of the program and I have to click back in , but it doesn't stop doing it and it is very hard to type or play games

Can someone PLEASE Help me resolve this I have searched around the net but couldn't find anything

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 7:44am (PST)
Subject:   re: Please Help, I can't type without interruptions
i honestly dont know what the problem is, but it might help to describe it a little more.

when you say 'exits', do you mean that the program or game actually closes, or does it just minimise?

does this problem happen every single time you press a key on the keyboard, or click the mouse, or does it happen seemingly randomly?

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 8:21am (PST)
Basically what happens if i am typing on microsoft word is that it clicks out, it stays on the same screen but you have to click back in for it to work again but it happens every few seconds so it is pretty hard to type But when you are in full screen mode of a game it just minimises out.

Please help.... Thanks

Author:   harbin
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 8:44am (PST)
Hiigaran What he means is that the window keeps losing focus.

This is most likely another program that comes up for a few seconds and then disappears for a moment. Does this only happen in Word or does it happen in other programs? Do other things appear in the taskbar you don't recognise? Like an icon that appears and disappears momentarily.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 8:52am (PST)
in that case, go to start, type in msconfig (if windows XP, click run, then type it in), go to the services list, click the 'hide microsoft services', and take a screenshot of what you see. post it here. then take a screenshot of the startup list and post it here as well.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:49am (PST)
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=48CC1FE3070FB7C4!842&authkey=!AMk1Hbz0T9fOLok

the link has all the photos

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 10:51am (PST)
okay well first things first...everything in the services list...disable them. make sure you keep the 'hide microsoft services' selected, so you dont disable those. apply, exit, restart. see if you still have issues. if it goes away, start re-enabling a few services at a time, restarting, testing, and repeating. eventually you will get the problem again, and then you can identify which service is the problem...assuming it is a service that is causing the issue here.

Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 4:21pm (PST)
thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!! - sorry i haven't replied in a while

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.