Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Cooling Fan Review - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1759453-noctua-nf-f12-pwm-120mm-cooling-fan-review/

Author:   leochan
Date:   Sep 10, 12 at 5:00pm (PST)
Subject:   Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Cooling Fan Review
-------------------------------------------
Noctua's 120mm NF-F12 PWM cooling fan is designed for CPU heatsinks and radiator, and incorporates eleven stator guide vanes as well as a specially conceived seven blade impeller. Basically this means the fan can better direct and focus airflow onto heatsinks and radiators for increased performance, without the extra noise thanks to its SSO-bearing and new, custom designed automatic fan control support. As you can see, the NF-F12 PWM comes packed with a lot of new technology, so we check to see how it all adds up in our latest review.

[[article:3128]]

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Sep 10, 12 at 7:48pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Cooling Fan Review
im a little confused as to how the testing was done here...where was the fan placed? on the heatsink? on the case intake?

Author:   Cryonicstate
Date:   Sep 10, 12 at 10:25pm (PST)
Sorry about that I thought I had stated in the review, that they were placed in the front of the case as intake fans.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Sep 11, 12 at 12:31pm (PST)
it would be interesting to see how well they perform on the CPU heatsink as well, considering the whole static vs non static performance thing.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 11, 12 at 12:38pm (PST)
It'd be more interested to how they compare to the fans that got shipped on my NH-D14

Author:   Senship
Date:   Sep 11, 12 at 6:03pm (PST)
quote harbin91
It'd be more interested to how they compare to the fans that got shipped on my NH-D14
I swapped out the fans from my NH-D14 with 2 NF-F12s and I got a 6 degrees C decrease in temps on my CPU.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.